Change log 8.0.8

bamf

Just now, [§] Alex said:

Currently the money will disappear if the cartel is contested. If it's contested it should just build in the crate.

I think that it shouldn't auto deposit until it hits 100k. This will give people something to fight over. \

@bamf

Pretty sure the major complaint to making it auto deposit was to "give something to fight for"

Now making it stay in the fridge is making it worth fighting for?

Just now, Gnashes said:

Pretty sure the major complaint to making it auto deposit was to "give something to fight for"

More people have been fighting as of recent patch update than in the past months.

The new system is amazing & is bringing back some action at cartels.

The people who are probably complaining now are the people who ratted majority of the cartels.

Sikorsky, G.O.A.T, TRYHARD and 7 others like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

I do agree that it should build in the fridge obviously without any auto generation only when it is contested.

Other then that it should auto deposit.

Edited by Steve
Treeontyn likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

But by the time you cap it whatever was in fridge when you started is gone. Along with whatever was made during it being contested just goes nowhere. Leaving a good chunk in the crate gives incentive to try and take the cartel and the auto deposit is a good incentive to try and defend and hold the cartel.

Just now, Azeh said:

Shit's gonna take forever.

Just make it so it doesn't deposit to gang bank while contested?

It doesn't have to be at 100k, you could set it at any amount. Just today we capped drug and when we go to leave it legit had 80$ in it.

That is what I'm saying, it shouldn't just disappear.

The fridge having money in it served a good purpose. Before it was better to set up at another cartel instead of attacking the people taking your cartel. So people would just set up at the other one and just wait for them to attack the next cartel. The money came from just holding the cartels and people would play around that. You would play to get the other gang to log off and you could either beat them off:thinking: or just not show up and wait until they got bored and left. Because defending is easier, and when you win you get to go and set up at the next cartel and defend again while they regear. Win enough the other gang logs off and you just hold the cartel and make a bunch of money. At least up until now you wouldn't want someone to get away with that 100k. But now I can just wait and save my loadout and take it back when they leave. This also brings up that the timer before being able to recap should be higher. 

I didn't put a stopwatch to it, but we had drug for like 3 hours and arms for almost 2 and in that time we got 32k. At that rate I have no reason to be in a rush to defend that cartel when I could just go back later and not miss out on much.

TLDR: Either let the fridge build up a bit more before it auto deposits or just get rid of the fridge altogether. 

Just now, [§] Alex said:

TLDR: Either let the fridge build up a bit more before it auto deposits or just get rid of the fridge altogether. 

The fridge is essentially gone.  It's there just because I wanted to mess with as little as possible while we were in this test period.  

I could hide the fridge if that would make you feel better, but it's still there as a temporary storage of funds until the next sweep takes money into your account.  

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this
Just now, [§] Alex said:

It doesn't have to be at 100k, you could set it at any amount. Just today we capped drug and when we go to leave it legit had 80$ in it.

That is what I'm saying, it shouldn't just disappear.

The fridge having money in it served a good purpose. Before it was better to set up at another cartel instead of attacking the people taking your cartel. So people would just set up at the other one and just wait for them to attack the next cartel. The money came from just holding the cartels and people would play around that. You would play to get the other gang to log off and you could either beat them off:thinking: or just not show up and wait until they got bored and left. Because defending is easier, and when you win you get to go and set up at the next cartel and defend again while they regear. Win enough the other gang logs off and you just hold the cartel and make a bunch of money. At least up until now you wouldn't want someone to get away with that 100k. But now I can just wait and save my loadout and take it back when they leave. This also brings up that the timer before being able to recap should be higher. 

I didn't put a stopwatch to it, but we had drug for like 3 hours and arms for almost 2 and in that time we got 32k. At that rate I have no reason to be in a rush to defend that cartel when I could just go back later and not miss out on much.

If a gang takes your cartel as soon as they can after you cap it you should go hunt them down and make them rage. Or if you have the patience you could wait for them to come straight up to cap in sport hatches. We hold the cartels all day and the main time people take them from us is when we log off.

Tldr: were gonna go looking for gangs that cap our shit just cause we're offline.

I ultimately feel it's a step in the right direction.

If people currently feel they aren't making as much money from the auto deposits, thats really not to blame the new system, but rather to look into steps in making the activities the money come from more active. Why aren't very many people running drugs (drug cartel)? Why aren't people buying from rebel (Arms)? Why aren't people doing wongs (wongs)?
Finding solutions that bring people into doing these activities more, then I think it will all balance out.

Give a mouse a cookie effect. A man starts running more drugs, he's gonna want a bigger gun to go with it. This in turn could make the activities more active - and thereby, the game. 

Edit: And I don't even do cartels or participate in big gang stuff, but I do believe that a healthy cartel is one step towards a healthy rest of the gameplay economy.

Edited by Ghost0fDawn
Just now, Bikstok said:

Oh I dunno. Maybe because the server crashes 5 times a day. Or maybe it's because the meth lab is up by north rebel half the time.. :frog:

If they are gonna keep the rotating drug field and processor system, perhaps make it rotate every 24 hours so I know whether or not I can run meth for that day. It's a pain to clear my bounty, get all the ingredients and then I can't process the next restart.

I'd much rather see it removed entirely. I have the patience to grind money but I don't have the patience for rotating drug fields and processors rendering my meth houses borderline useless.

Edited by Steve
JAY1HP, Winchester, Kettles and 2 others like this
3 hours ago, Steve said:

If they are gonna keep the rotating drug field and processor system, perhaps make it rotate every 24 hours so I know whether or not I can run meth for that day. It's a pain to clear my bounty, get all the ingredients and then I can't process the next restart.

I'd much rather see it removed entirely. I have the patience to grind money but I don't have the patience for rotating drug fields and processors rendering my meth houses borderline useless.

Kettles and WildFire like this
Just now, bamf said:

I tell you what...  What if I make it twice as likely that it's in the old spot?

It would be definitely better but not entirely the same. My main concern here was the ability to guarentee whether or not I have the ability to run meth for extended period of time other then 1 restart.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Orrrrr you could just make it the old spot :frog: 

Just now, bamf said:

I tell you what...  What if I make it twice as likely that it's in the old spot?

Again as Sean said, we would prefer to not have rotation.

We appreciate you bamf for trying to make new content and especially you getting the new dev to fix the server performance. The rotating drug field system was a huge change to the way you have to make money. I think it would have been best to get an idea of what the community thinks first before doing that.

Just now, bamf said:

You guys want the old spot b/c you have the houses there.  Having it rotate (at least some) helps newer players out.

There's so many good houses by the other location.. :thinking:

At least swap the alternative locations of meth and cocaine. Would make a lot of sense as they'll be slightly closer to their original spots without making your houses completely useless while still opening opportunities for new housing areas.

Edited by Bikstok
Kev 23 likes this
Just now, bamf said:

You guys want the old spot b/c you have the houses there.  Having it rotate (at least some) helps newer players out.

The issue with that is that there a very few houses that are close to the north meth lab as well, because so many people run scotch out of that area the ones that exist are unfortunately taken. I would have suggested putting another method of making money on the very south east side of the map and the very northwestern side of the map. Even if they are legal ways of making money or illegal ways that don't make that much. Trying to help the newer player is a good thing to do but I would have done it differently. Crank for instance is a really good way to help the new player. They can buy a shitty meth house that you could still use to process meth but instead they could use it for crank and work there way up to buying a better meth house closer to lab.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Steve said:

The issue with that is that there a very few houses that are close to the north meth lab as well, because so many people run scotch out of that area the ones that exist are unfortunately taken. I would have suggested putting another method of making money on the very south east side of the map and the very northwestern side of the map. Even if they are legal ways of making money or illegal ways that don't make that much.

to be fair, i run scotch out of telos.

Cheap houses & i bring in a shit ton of money for driving jus an extra km or 2

Just now, Steve said:

Scotch is different, there is a far lower amount of time invested comparatively to meth, hence why they made it so it has to passively age.

I mean even so, i run meth out of gravia.

if meth is north i run a box from my house.

if meth is og i run a mohawk (practically a box truck)

But however, i do agree that rotating drug fields need to be tweaked just a tad bit.

Maybe 4 restarts of og / 4 restarts of north ?

Something liable yaknow to preplan.

Just now, bamf said:

I just patched S2 and S3 (server side only), and I'll hit the button on S1 and S4.  See how it plays out now.  

Mom-Comes-Up-With-Perfect-Game-Top.png

Bamf.

Idk if you noticed it about a week ago, but can we have a civilized discussion about possibly retweaking turf of zaros perks?

I have it all mapped out how it could be beneficial for every civ.,

Change zaros perks as follows :

Faster gathering of most minerals ; most legal activities.

Perks of this would be Rodo + Zaros = drug running combo(i.e meth)

Rodo + Panagia = OG caps 

Panagia + Zaros = Crafting combo

As is stands zaros is just doo doo & no one wants it, atleast it'll give gangs & average civ's incentive to go for it.

@bamf @Gnashes

Any input? Too much of a hassel? Would be too OP? Just any thoughts on this. Thanks <3

Edited by Grizz
Maaqs likes this
20 hours ago, Grizz said:

Change zaros perks as follows :

Faster gathering of most minerals ; most legal activities.

Perks of this would be Rodo + Zaros = drug running combo(i.e meth)

Rodo + Panagia = OG caps 

Panagia + Zaros = Crafting combo

As is stands zaros is just doo doo & no one wants it, atleast it'll give gangs & average civ's incentive to go for it.

@bamf @Gnashes

Any input? Too much of a hassel? Would be too OP? Just any thoughts on this. Thanks <3

@bamf @Gnashes

6 hours ago, DosWolf said:

Can we fix the clothing mesh bug at some point? I know you can just drop the clothing and it fixes but that is temporary. Also maybe a reset clothing button so we stop running around naked I saw this on other servers working perfect would be nice instead of tapping clothing signs.

this....

Have you noticed what causes this for you?

Only instance I know of is if you switch seats in a vehicle without first exiting the vehicle.  

BioHazard and Ghost0fDawn like this
On 20/01/2018 at 0:28 PM, ✯cHIP oTLE✯ said:

this....

Have you noticed what causes this for you?

Only instance I know of is if you switch seats in a vehicle without first exiting the vehicle.  

Also happens literally every time you buy mtp combat fatigues at rebel and uc clothing store, and has continued to happen for months. 

Edited by BioHazard