Change log 8.0.8

bamf

@bamf @Gnashes People cant use their meth houses on the east side of the map when the lab is by North rebel because the distance is too far and too many cops patrolling around the HWY/Athira. What if you put a second meth location somewhere near DP 24? Those houses arnt used for anything so new players can buy those up and Meth houses near DP 15/14 will still be somewhat useful?

Just now, Nicolas March said:

make a oil rig, then fight on that

I toyed with something in the past, but didn't have the autonomy to put it in.  I am going to think about it over the next few days and see what I think is viable related to oil. 

Just now, eazy said:

Ngl the clothing bug thing is very annoying, do you guys know whats causing it?

It's an Arma bug.  I know that other communities have implemented "fixes" for it.  I'm thinking maybe we just put a button on the phone that you can hit to re-equip all your gear.  Should be easy enough to do, and that way it's something you can do yourself when necessary.  The alternative would be to use a custom action key to do this as well.  Either way...

Just now, bamf said:

I toyed with something in the past, but didn't have the autonomy to put it in.  I am going to think about it over the next few days and see what I think is viable related to oil. 

It's an Arma bug.  I know that other communities have implemented "fixes" for it.  I'm thinking maybe we just put a button on the phone that you can hit to re-equip all your gear.  Should be easy enough to do, and that way it's something you can do yourself when necessary.  The alternative would be to use a custom action key to do this as well.  Either way...

something is better then nothing right?

7 hours ago, Sonda said:

maybe instead of fixing prison, you should make it so you don't waste your money at asylum exchange and not have it waste ur money and u cant get it out of ur mailbox after u buy it

6 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

He saying that some stuff on exange are gliched, you lose money but dont get gun

Then report it in the "bugs" section...

2 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

@bamf Please fix the vehicles locking when you get into them first. So many times lately you get fucked over trying to escape only to have the car lock itself once you get in. Happens when you unlock your vehicle (happens for all vehicles), get in, locks itself and you have to unlock it again. 

I'll see if we can nail this down over the weekend.  Something about how we "optimized" this script is causing it, even though it's done in a manner consistent with newer Altis Life frameworks...  

Just now, Rhodesian Ronald said:

We yain't got persistent inv's either so if we log back in we'll be baldies again if a cop buddy donates a fine hat. :FeelsBadMan:

You can actually customize your character before ever logging in from the arma launch screen ((Top right corner)) and it will spawn you in with that hat/glasses

Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

All that changed in the last patch was this:

0be1942eb4f4f325f3c46ec505b23e88.png

It was alot better as far as the battle eye kicks go and yellow/red chains,since the performance updates..all around imo been alot smoother play compared to months back where it was just nothing but BE kicks an no message received crashes...Just now crashed again 2 BE kicks with about 20-30 mins..That has not happen in a bit since we been back on 4...Im not sure if it is patch related or not since it was mainly prison stuffs,but since that one ive noticed it being more laggy,an crashing more often is all....

Here's a pro tip for the community, instead of giving false hope , and doing shit that goes against everything everyone is asking for, shut down these shit ass servers so we can quit bitching about everything  , and wasting our fucking time trying to do shit just to get BE kicked.

If everything is a Bohemia bug, then ask for your money back on the servers.

Joe (StealthProxy) and Kettles like this
Just now, Grizz said:

Here's a pro tip for the community, instead of giving false hope , and doing shit that goes against everything everyone is asking for, shut down these shit ass servers so we can quit bitching about everything  , and wasting our fucking time trying to do shit just to get BE kicked.

If everything is a Bohemia bug, then ask for your money back on the servers.

Is it not true that the server performance has changed dramatically since the new developer was brought on? I'm sure it will continue to improve from here on out as long as he keeps making performance optimizations.

Kev 23 likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Is it not true that the server performance has changed dramatically since the new developer was brought on? I'm sure it will continue to improve from here on out as long as he keeps making performance optimizations.

It's very true, but over the past 4 days, the server performance has plummeted yet again, they remove one of the best stability servers & yet still keep the WORST stability server in place.  

Just now, Grizz said:

It's very true, but over the past 4 days, the server performance has plummeted yet again, they remove one of the best stability servers & yet still keep the WORST stability server in place.  

I don't think any server should be singled out and removed. I'd rather see them all capped to 80. It would spread people out much more effectively.

Edited by Steve