Change log 8.0.8

bamf

Just now, Grizz said:

Its been said countless times to bamf & gnashes..and this is all that happens.

Image result for in one ear out the other gif

Somethings I think we just gotta make due with. Believe me I am the first person to round people up and get them pissed off about something to get a change. Though this is one thing I think will never change even if we had 98 percent of the community backing it.

Just now, Grizz said:

It's very true, but over the past 4 days, the server performance has plummeted yet again, they remove one of the best stability servers & yet still keep the WORST stability server in place.  

Read what you just said. Your complaining about 4 fucking days of shit when the servers have been pretty stable since they done the optimizations compared to what they where like and the fact they took down server 3 themselves to do something, a server which is offline half the time anyway. Calm your tits.

9 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Here's a pro tip for the community, instead of giving false hope , and doing shit that goes against everything everyone is asking for, shut down these shit ass servers so we can quit bitching about everything  , and wasting our fucking time trying to do shit just to get BE kicked.

If everything is a Bohemia bug, then ask for your money back on the servers.

Heres an idea, fuck off?  If you dont like it dont let the door hit you on the way out.

HomeTrlx, Samperino and Scott like this

Me being a player since way long ago yellow and red chain has always been a thing sure maybe it's gotten worse over time but server issues have always been a  battle the community has been fighting and I'd say the admins are always trying there best to fix these issues and continue to still provide some kind of content.

Edited by Yung Spacegod.
14 hours ago, Grizz said:

Here's a pro tip for the community, instead of giving false hope , and doing shit that goes against everything everyone is asking for, shut down these shit ass servers so we can quit bitching about everything  , and wasting our fucking time trying to do shit just to get BE kicked.

If everything is a Bohemia bug, then ask for your money back on the servers.

Now thats just rude

Space likes this
Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

Have you guys pondered the idea of dropping server cap down to 80 to see if that helps with consistency?  S1 has been hitting 100 easy in the evenings/nights EST,  but the other servers still max around 60-65.   

Oh I've suggested it a dozen times the odds of that are slim. It would help with overall server performance as well. The cops might branch out from s1 as well, unless Clint is on.

xd

Just now, Steve said:

Oh I've suggested it a dozen times the odds of that are slim. It would help with overall server performance as well. The cops might branch out from s1 as well, unless Clint is on.

xd

I would play cop on other servers, but since day 1, I've been an S1 main.  But if the pop cap was dropped, I'd be more than happy to play other servers to even shit out...

On 1/24/2018 at 10:48 PM, bamf said:

I toyed with something in the past, but didn't have the autonomy to put it in.  I am going to think about it over the next few days and see what I think is viable related to oil. 

Personally, I think having oil cartel on an oil rig in the ocean is a shitty idea, but from the thread it also sounds like a few people do like it. If you decide that you'd be okay with implementing it, maybe you should run a poll to see if the majority community really wants it in the game or not? Sounds like a good way to make sure you don't waste time adding something that people don't actually want.

Azeh, Jake, Steve and 2 others like this
Just now, Shepurd said:

Personally, I think having oil cartel on an oil rig in the ocean is a shitty idea

Hmm - I hear that a lot. What makes having the oil cartel in the water on an actual oil rig, or spread across multiple oil rigs, a shitty idea in your opinion? "Just because" is a valid reason. Only curious.

I personally am one of the people who would really enjoy seeing the oil cartel in the water, but I just want to see more water based activities to begin with.

Just now, toxicsolutions said:

Just wondering, any idea when the cartels will generate money again? It feels like if you own the cartel during the week you won’t make any money. I’d much rather have to go collect it at 100k and defend it then get 1k an hour when no one plays.

We merely gave the masses what they wanted. Haven't heard any complaints yet.

Just now, Samperino said:

Hmm - I hear that a lot. What makes having the oil cartel in the water on an actual oil rig, or spread across multiple oil rigs, a shitty idea in your opinion? "Just because" is a valid reason. Only curious.

I personally am one of the people who would really enjoy seeing the oil cartel in the water, but I just want to see more water based activities to begin with.

Ladders

HotWings likes this
Just now, toxicsolutions said:

Just wondering, any idea when the cartels will generate money again? It feels like if you own the cartel during the week you won’t make any money. I’d much rather have to go collect it at 100k and defend it then get 1k an hour when no one plays.

I think they said they reduced how much was generated

it now solely relies on people buying weapons for arms etc

Because we had it before... literally the only people who would go there were kavala gangs. That's it. No one wants oil cartel, no one needs it, no one cares. Unless you are making a batch of ifrits to go fight real cartels. It's too aids to drop all your shit in a house buy an SDAR and wetsuit and rebreather and goggles to go sit at some dumb underwater cartel no one is going to come to and if they do it's basically the same as playing airsoft because the SDAR is useless. Just... no thanks. And even if it were on an Oil rig that would single handedly be the hardest cartel to push. Only way is by boat or heli... and both ways you're not gonna have a fun time.

Edited by Tyler
Just now, Tyler said:

Because we had it before... literally the only people who would go there were kavala gangs. That's it. No one wants oil cartel, no one needs it, no one cares. Unless you are making a batch of ifrits to go fight real cartels. It's too aids to drop all your shit in a house buy an SDAR and wetsuit and rebreather and goggles to go sit at some dumb underwater cartel no one is going to come to and if they do it's basically the same as playing airsoft because the SDAR is useless. Just... no thanks. And even if it were on an Oil rig that would single handedly be the hardest cartel to push. Only way is by boat or heli... and both ways you're not gonna have a fun time.

I actually have a decent oil rig that is decently even to attack/defend. 

cHIP oTLE likes this

Not trying to be rude or confront you, but just how long have you been a part of asylum? because if you've been around pre 7.0 then you would already know the reason for why it isn't a good idea.

Edited by Jamal
BioHazard likes this
Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

I actually have a decent oil rig that is decently even to attack/defend. 

I personally believe that with the current and post meta for rebels, there will be little to no incentive to go and fight an oil cartel. Not only because there is only rubber in it, but also because it would require the whole entire rebel community to create new callouts and new strategy's. All of the old cartel callout creators/well known rebels have left the servers and so that is why we are stuck in this old meta mindset and why we are not fighting new cartels.

Just now, DosWolf said:

@bamf Why are all the illegal drug areas on one side of the map on S1? 

Because they're each randomly in one of two places.

This is how random works. For more information, visit a dictionary or your local statistics class.