Change log 8.0.8

bamf

Just now, Gnashes said:

Because they're each randomly in one of two places.

This is how random works. For more information, visit a dictionary or your local statistics class.

First time I have seen it in one place for a few restarts and yeah if we want to be obvious random is random lmao. I just thought it was a flaw in coding since you know atleast two things break after you fix one.

Edited by DosWolf
Just now, DosWolf said:

First time I have seen it in one place for a few restarts and yeah if we want to be obvious random is random lmao. I just thought it was a flaw in coding since you know atleast two things break after you fix one.

Wow, now you're kicking me in the nuts?  Damn son...

DosWolf likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Wow, now you're kicking me in the nuts?  Damn son...

No I am just being a smartass because this is what everyone else complains about otherwise we are running stable af. Besides the Mission over shit that just happened but I think that is scripters or some other shit.

Edited by DosWolf
Space and bamf like this
2 hours ago, Samperino said:

Hmm - I hear that a lot. What makes having the oil cartel in the water on an actual oil rig, or spread across multiple oil rigs, a shitty idea in your opinion? "Just because" is a valid reason. Only curious.

I personally am one of the people who would really enjoy seeing the oil cartel in the water, but I just want to see more water based activities to begin with.

Main reason why, is because its a pain in the ass to buy scuba gear, get an SDAR, either drive a boat for 10 minutes out to where the cartel is or have a friend fly you over in a helicopter, swim all the way down to the bottom of the ocean to sit inside the dirt(you could literally glitch and hide inside debris down there) all for some shitty rubber that barely anyone actually uses. too much work for the shittiest cartel.

On top of that, if I own the cartel and im in full rebel gear doing whatever, and some retard goes out there and starts capping, it's going to take me literally like 15 minutes to put all my gear away, get diving shit, get an sdar, drive a boat out to the middle of nowhere, and go looking around for this retard who is more than likely hiding inside something anyways. Again, takes too much time for the worst cartel because by the time I get there he has already capped it.

Having it on an oil rig obviously wouldn't be as bad as having it at the bottom of the ocean. But it still has problems like the fact that you either need a boat or helicopter to get there. If you're in a boat I'll hear you coming and good luck making it to the rig before I kill you. If its gang v gang, the gang capping can literally just have people watching all the spots a helicopter could land making it basically impossible to get out anywhere because you'll just get mowed down instantly.

Oil cartel is already the least used cartel, and making this change would just make it a million times worse. No one wanted to cap it back then, and no one will want to cap it now if it gets put back out there.

Walt, Azeh, Norwegianviking and 1 other like this

@bamf You should just think about using a newer version of life it's self... updating an outdated mission file is going to be alot more work than working on a newer version. It would be a massive change for the server and I get all the negative impacts it could have, but it would make updating things alot simpler. You could still customise a newer version to remove some features or revert them back to the version we are on now, but the core file will help with stability and future updates...

DosWolf likes this
Just now, ackford1922 said:

@bamf You should just think about using a newer version of life it's self... updating an outdated mission file is going to be alot more work than working on a newer version. It would be a massive change for the server and I get all the negative impacts it could have, but it would make updating things alot simpler. You could still customise a newer version to remove some features or revert them back to the version we are on now, but the core file will help with stability and future updates...

We have no intention of trying to modify the new framework to have all of our features.

You're talking a month (minimum) of full time work for someone, which we don't have.

Just now, Fudger said:

Servers still arent fully optimized tho. If it only took that long to modify around 300-400 scripts u guys could prob do it to u dont need a new dev..

Having an executable to do 90% of that changing for you really helps on the 3-400 files bit

On 1/30/2018 at 9:15 PM, Sean That Irish Guy said:

This has been happening a lot lately when you die in a vehicle. When it pops you out theres a chance your body will be practically in the map hanging on by your head.

1a95495f5056f3e7904bdc28a7aa70c2.jpg

Just now, Smee said:

To top up on Sean, Only medics can revive people who are in this state.

@bamf

Also toolkits are still not spawning in helis.

Innate and Steve like this
19 hours ago, Gnashes said:

We have no intention of trying to modify the new framework to have all of our features.

You're talking a month (minimum) of full time work for someone, which we don't have.

I get this, but it will make it much easier for you in the future. It's one of those things where it requires alot of short time work to make the longer run easier for you... you'd have to do less 'fixes' and could focus on enhancements and additions more in the future. Maybe do it as a side project and get it done in 3-6 month, I'm sure the community will back the idea of having a more stable build. Perhaps make a topic regarding it and see what people think, if not that many people care then that's fair enough. I just think it'd make everyone's life easier. Less work for you, stabler build for us

FudgeR and Azeh like this
27 minutes ago, ackford1922 said:

I get this, but it will make it much easier for you in the future. It's one of those things where it requires alot of short time work to make the longer run easier for you... you'd have to do less 'fixes' and could focus on enhancements and additions more in the future. Maybe do it as a side project and get it done in 3-6 month, I'm sure the community will back the idea of having a more stable build. Perhaps make a topic regarding it and see what people think, if not that many people care then that's fair enough. I just think it'd make everyone's life easier. Less work for you, stabler build for us

there were no kicks at all back pre 6.0 and the stability seemed fine I would reckon that adding a insane amount of extra items/props is the reason we're in this situation in the first place. The easiest and most likely best thing to do is to just dumb it down, delete all things people don't use (sofia as a town, Vehichle factory, oil cartel, and other things with low pop.) and focus on the things people use ( things to do in Athira, Kavala, and Pygroes etc.)