Don't bother with Loot Keys

I've spent at least $50 on loot keys and got all green or 'common' items, which has given me 'credit' worth a total of around $6 which isn't even worth 5 keys, waste of time and money, the system is poor the way it is right now. CSATS countless blues go past and then a green is selected... or it just spins twice when they start on a green run... We Should get more than we do from the crates.

Edited by ackford1922
General language, Punctuation and grammar Corrections
Blocker likes this
Just now, ackford1922 said:

I've spent at least $50 on loot keys and got all green or 'common' items, which has given me 'credit' worth a total of around $6 which isnt even worth 5 keys, waste of time and money the system is bull shit. 3 csats and countless blues go bye and then a green is selected... or it just spins twice when they start on a green run.

I fail to see the problem with what you're complaining about. Its not different than CSGO keys.

Twinkie likes this

On CSGO ive earnt about 100$ from just playing a game and getting a great gun at the end of a match, plus any gun you get on csgo can be upgraded, you can get unlucky 10 times and then get something worth 20$ to at least make up what you lost. They've added too many donater options, you can 'donate' or 'donate to the monthly goal' or buy 'loot keys'. The old donator system was much more rewarding to the person investing into the server. Now i get a disadvantage in combat because someone used a key at the right time.

On CSGO ive earnt about 100$ from just playing a game and getting a great gun at the end of a match, plus any gun you get on csgo can be upgraded, you can get unlucky 10 times and then get something worth 20$ to at least make up what you lost. They've added too many donater options, you can 'donate' or 'donate to the monthly goal' or buy 'loot keys'. The old donator system was much more rewarding to the person investing into the server. Now i get a disadvantage in combat because someone used a key at the right time.

I got 2.1k hours on csgo And the best item i have gotten from an end of the game bonus is An AWP|Safari mesh, so its all about luck.

CSATs are available to everyone at rebel.  Its just not the pilot coveralls..

Just now, Goyneyyy said:

You are complaining about an RNG mechanic where you are accepting the risk of spending money with no guarantee of getting a rare item.

You are just upset.

If it makes you feel better I got all CSAT in 4 crates.

The CSAT isnt the main thing im looking for, and its the piss poor attempt at compensating us for getting the same greens over and over, once you gain an item you shouldnt be able to get it again, thats the best look box mechanic ive seen in a game. Or due to the lack of content within the boxes, an incresed %chance of you getting a rarer item, so i get it on me last key i spent $50 on altogether, just so i get something to feel good about, rather than 6$ off my next 5 keys to unlock more greens again

The CSAT isnt the main thing im looking for, and its the piss poor attempt at compensating us for getting the same greens over and over, once you gain an item you shouldnt be able to get it again, thats the best look box mechanic ive seen in a game. Or due to the lack of content within the boxes, an incresed %chance of you getting a rarer item, so i get it on me last key i spent $50 on altogether, just so i get something to feel good about, rather than 6$ off my next 5 keys to unlock more greens again

You don't get it I don't think......

Just now, Goyneyyy said:

You don't get it I don't think......

You don't get it because you got lucky... If you had spent 50$ you'd expect to have at least get a blue, the randomisation isn't the problem, its the fact you don't get rewarded for supporting the devs and server, when someone that spends the lowest amount can get a CSAT in 1 go. There should be a better consolation system is what I'm saying... CSGO has the upgrade 10 item function, some games have the increased rarity chance, we get a piss poor amount of 'credit' to inevitably fail again.

You don't get it because you got lucky... If you had spent 50$ you'd expect to have at least get a blue, the randomisation isn't the problem, its the fact you don't get rewarded for supporting the devs and server, when someone that spends the lowest amount can get a CSAT in 1 go. There should be a better consolation system is what I'm saying... CSGO has the upgrade 10 item function, some games have the increased rarity chance, we get a piss poor amount of 'credit' to inevitably fail again.

I back you up on this ive spent around 50 dollars and gotten pure shit ive gotten 2 blues which was the helmet and and the stupid backpack you should be able to atleast get an upgrde system or upgrade chances depending on what you spend

U DONT FREAKING HAVE TO DONATE OR BUY KEYS. Its ur own fault. Jesus, just accept the fact that u got more unlucky than somebody else...

You are comparing a feature built into a major game compared to a feature in a community for a mod of a dying game.

If you had spent 50$ you'd expect to have at least get a blue, the randomisation isn't the problem, its the fact you don't get rewarded for supporting the devs and server, when someone that spends the lowest amount can get a CSAT in 1 go. There should be a better consolation system is what I'm saying... CSGO has the upgrade 10 item function, some games have the increased rarity chance, we get a piss poor amount of 'credit' to inevitably fail again.

@Gnashes @bamf Thoughts on this? Again, I'm not pissed at the lootbox system it's self, i've donated in the other ways, at this point I just dont think loot boxes are as rewarding as the other donation options. I like the fact there is a consolation prize, but it's only a prize if you pay more money.

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

You are comparing a feature built into a major game compared to a feature in a community for a mod of a dying game.

I disagree, CSGO is an indie game for 1, and one of the things which made the game mainstream popular is the lootbox openings, nothing to do with the game it's self. Plus, Asylum/Arma isnt Dying, I see new people all the time joining and making new content.

Edited by ackford1922

@Gnashes @bamf Thoughts on this? Again, I'm not pissed at the lootbox system it's self, i've donated in the other ways, at this point I just dont think loot boxes are as rewarding as the other donation options. I like the fact there is a consolation prize, but it's only a prize if you pay more money.

Ur clearly pissed whenever u tag the two devs for no reason. The devs have more important stuff than reading somebodys post about them losing their money because they are unlucky.

Edited by casperskate
Just now, casperskate said:

Ur clearly pissed whenever u tag the two devs for no reason. The devs have more important stuff than reading somebodys post about them losing their money because they are unlucky.

Again, I'm not pissed, i support the devs and the community, and im offering my suggestions for a better donating system, I was a donator years ago and i don't mind paying to support something i spend alot of time on. Just because you're lucky or you don't bother with donating or 'losing your money' doesn't mean something can't be improved.

Plus, this is a community.... Community feedback, suggestions and thoughts are what make a community stronger, hence why i said "thoughts" not 'change this'. No need to be salty about someone giving feedback

Edited by ackford1922

Again, I'm not pissed, i support the devs and the community, and im offering my suggestions for a better donating system, I was a donator years ago and i don't mind paying to support something i spend alot of time on. Just because you're lucky or you don't bother with donating or 'losing your money' doesn't mean something can't be improved.

Plus, this is a community.... Community feedback, suggestions and thoughts are what make a community stronger, hence why i said "thoughts" not 'change this'. No need to be salty about someone giving feedback

Not salty. It just seems like u are a little bit pissed.

Ive never got more than a 2 dollar skin at the end of a game.... And trading up for the most part is a joke, to make money you need to buy good skins to upgrade which essentially eliminates any real profit... I dont see why options are bad, you can unlock lower prices by giving to the goal or cosmetics by donating personal level.  There also is no disadvantage to not having a helmet, if there were it would be against TOS.

Just now, HotWings said:

Ive never got more than a 2 dollar skin at the end of a game.... And trading up for the most part is a joke, to make money you need to buy good skins to upgrade which essentially eliminates any real profit... I dont see why options are bad, you can unlock lower prices by giving to the goal or cosmetics by donating personal level.  There also is no disadvantage to not having a helmet, if there were it would be against TOS.

the best thing i ever got was a glock candy apple it was like 50 cents

I've spent at least $50 on loot keys and got all green or 'common' items, which has given me 'credit' worth a total of around $6 which isn't even worth 5 keys, waste of time and money, the system is poor the way it is right now. CSATS countless blues go past and then a green is selected... or it just spins twice when they start on a green run... We Should get more than we do from the crates.

maybe you're just an unlucky person.

We had a different system in mind when we originally built the loot crate system - a marketplace for you to sell skins you got more than once. Someone reported it to Bohemia, and BIS (in there infinite wisdom) decided that every player who sold stuff on the marketplace would need to apply for (and be approved) to monetize Arma. 

The credits you get now was our way of trying to compensate you for duplicates. The amount you are credited for duplicates of lower quality far outweighs what you would get if we were still doing the marketplace - but I recognize you get less than you could have for rare items. 

I wish we could do it the other way, but we have to play by BIS’ rules...

TheAckinator likes this
Just now, bamf said:

We had a different system in mind when we originally built the loot crate system - a marketplace for you to sell skins you got more than once. Someone reported it to Bohemia, and BIS (in there infinite wisdom) decided that every player who sold stuff on the marketplace would need to apply for (and be approved) to monetize Arma. 

The credits you get now was our way of trying to compensate you for duplicates. The amount you are credited for duplicates of lower quality far outweighs what you would get if we were still doing the marketplace - but I recognize you get less than you could have for rare items. 

I wish we could do it the other way, but we have to play by BIS’ rules...

Just increase chances of rares & decrease commons

Bet you would get a shit ton more people buying them then currently.

Just my opinion though

Just now, Grizz said:

Just increase chances of rares & decrease commons

Bet you would get a shit ton more people buying them then currently.

Just my opinion though

The odds of getting a rare aren't that bad.

Also worth noting that the little display for "rolling" is completely random except for what you actually won. There's no meaning to it.

Just now, Gnashes said:

The odds of getting a rare aren't that bad.

Also worth noting that the little display for "rolling" is completely ransom except for what you actually won. There's no meaning to it.

Yeah, iirc , as soon as you hit open , it's already decided what you have, it just cock teases you until it lands to show you what you won.

Also, the amount of people I've herd of how likely it is for rares (how much they spent to get coveralls) , is god awful, & i'm sure a few of us remember last years episode because of how bad everyone felt it was.

Can you share what the actually odds are for each?

Just now, Grizz said:

Yeah, iirc , as soon as you hit open , it's already decided what you have, it just cock teases you until it lands to show you what you won.

Also, the amount of people I've herd of how likely it is for rares (how much they spent to get coveralls) , is god awful, & i'm sure a few of us remember last years episode because of how bad everyone felt it was.

Can you share what the actually odds are for each?

Not without angering Bamf and Paratus.

I will say your odds now are about 66% higher than when they first came out.