Hatch sports no longer for donators

Hatchback sports  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Hatchback sports for EVERYONE ( No pay 2 win )

• Yes
    • No.
    • Other.

21 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Simple. Hatchback sports are pay to win. Why? 1. Incredibly unrealistic armor 2. Faster then a orca ( aka if you are a non donator and get chased by a donator cop its gg )

If you think this thread is so useless please elaborate aswell why?

On 2/10/2016 at 10:12 PM, Norwegianviking said:

https://gyazo.com/f66f8e0677420e09dd100fdbbf1c4932

thats a mk1 penetration on 15M distance

While a sport is faster than an orca, you will almost never be going 326.5km/h in a normal chase, you need good driving skills, and a pretty strait road to achieve those speeds, while an orca can just fly strait. It will never be non-donator, as pretty much everyone that has lvl 3 or higher would shit a brick. Is it a little op? Yes. Will you ever be able to get it for free? No.

Edited by The Boss
13 minutes ago, BabyAstro said:

if u dont like certain people having better vehicles donate stop being a cheap bitch donate 5 every week u will get to 50 eventually 

Pretty much.

If donators didn't have any incentives to donate, then pretty much no one would.

EDIT

Honestly, just because you have someone chasing you in a sport doesn't mean you automatically lose. Don't crash, or learn how to shoot.

Edited by The Boss
1 minute ago, Kryptonn said:

Pretty sure it's also against the rules of Bohemias monetization. Why else would asylum remove donor rank info from the main site

Pretty sure as long as they use the donations ONLY for server upkeep and maintenance, they are well within the rules.

Because lets be honest, if servers didn't have donators, there would be nothing but shitty private servers, and almost no-one would buy arma 3.

The campaign is shit, and so are the BI servers.

Edited by The Boss
8 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Pretty sure as long as they use the donations ONLY for server upkeep and maintenance, they are well within the rules.

Because lets be honest, if servers didn't have donators, there would be nothing but shitty private servers, and almost no-one would buy arma 3.

The campaign is shit, and so are the BI servers.

Doesn't matter what you use donations for lol....it's no longer a donation when you have to do it to unlock items, also.

5c072e92ce77ed6f51543f60ba024736.png

and

a7f0cec25d8ba84aae38e50a7ab5379d.png

Based on the info of Bohemias site, it does look like it is against the rules.

Just going off my 2 cents here, but I would imagine Paratus has gotten it approved.

And you can see the donation rewards, just checked.

EDIT. 

Asylum is approved for monetization, you can check on their site.

I'm sure its only called a donation, to not confuse players.

Edited by The Boss
Silent likes this
3 minutes ago, The Boss said:

5c072e92ce77ed6f51543f60ba024736.png

and

a7f0cec25d8ba84aae38e50a7ab5379d.png

Based on the info of Bohemias site, it does look like it is against the rules.

Just going off my 2 cents here, but I would imagine Paratus has gotten it approved.

And you can see the donation rewards, just checked.

EDIT. 

Asylum is approved for monetization, you can check on their site.

I'm sure its only called a donation, to not confuse players.

Bohemia probably allows Asylum to do it because they bring in a good amount of money and are the biggest arma server...Doesn't mean it's right though.

Just now, Kryptonn said:

Bohemia probably allows Asylum to do it because they bring in a good amount of money and are the biggest arma server...Doesn't mean it's right though.

One would presume so. 

The only thing not donating the 50$ is preventing you from doing, is buying or crafting one yourself. If you really need a sport that bad, either donate, steal one, or have a friend pull one for you.

As I previously stated, having a sport chase you isn't the end of the world, out drive them, or out shoot them.

This whole thread is moot anyways because Asylum has been approved to monetize the server. They are fully within the rules and guidelines set up for such servers.  Asylum does not prevent access to anything. You can still use all items in Arma by simply using a lockpick.  The server does not prevent you from using anything that a donor can use.

OPuEyAP.png?1

Edited by HotWings
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Simple. Hatchback sports are pay to win. Why? 1. Incredibly unrealistic armor 2. Faster then a orca ( aka if you are a non donator and get chased by a donator cop its gg )

If you think this thread is so useless please elaborate aswell why?

1- not true, they break all the time
2- how is that possible?

1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Maybe for a VERY increased priced, or even craftable only.  It's a huge advantage, for instance if you're a civilian and you are being chased by a cop with a hatchback sport, it's gg

FailFish, yes every chase always ends with the rebel/civ losing if the cop is in a sports and the guy isnt.

Trust me there are just as many disadvantages to hatch sports than advantages.

1. You die going to fast and hit a pole/tree....alot

2. They break tires easier than other cars.

3. You cant shoot out the front or back like you can with an offroad.

4. When you die alot (example of #1) you sometimes lose expensive gear especially if there are no medics on and you are a lone wolf.

5. They are pricey 5k+ each, and lets be honest not that many people are gonna take the time to make a bunch of em except the prestige one.

6. They suck offroad.

LITERALLY the only 2 advantages of them is they go fast and drift well.

Edited by What zit tooya
Just now, What zit tooya said:

Trust me there are just as many disadvantages to hatch sports than advantages.

1. You die going to fast and hit a pole/tree....alot

2. They break tires easier than other cars.

5. They are pricey 5k+ each, and lets be honest not that many people are gonna take the time to make a bunch of em except the prestige one.

6. They suck offroad.

This is why I don't like them.

13 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

0vURKWX.png

But it's not his own framework if it still uses so many features of the old....it's been customized, but not completely his. Anyways, having a custom framework doesn't even allow you to disregard monetization policy. That was just someone's thought. I personally don't care about this issue, I paid my $50...I just don't agree that it does follow Bohemias policy, which is a fair thought aswell....since it basically goes against every policy in their monetization policy..Obviously they don't care though since the server's been up for 2 years.

Edited by Kryptonn
Just now, HotWings said:

Just make a left into the woods man. lol  Find that stupid brown grass shit and its GG. People always stay on the road ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Using a hatchsport is still incredibly effective offroad.  Anybody who has driven a hatchback sport for an hour realizes don't hit certain objects.  Hatchback sports outclasses other vehicles or is just as good in almost every aspect.  There's a reason why rebels and cops all drive hatchback sports for basiclly everything if they are donor level three.  

15 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

But it's not his own framework if it still uses so many features of the old....it's been customized, but not completely his. Anyways, having a custom framework doesn't even allow you to disregard monetization policy. That was just someone's thought. I personally don't care about this issue, I paid my $50...I just don't agree that it does follow Bohemias policy, which is a fair thought aswell....since it basically goes against every policy in their monetization policy..Obviously they don't care though since the server's been up for 2 years.

It is not against their rules.  The rules state they cannot prevent none payers from using the item, they do not prevent you from using it. They prevent your from buying. There is no in game mechanic that prevents you from using it.

13 minutes ago, Hiraku said:

Btw its totally not a "Donation"

Are you required to send Asylum money to play on the server? If no its a donation.

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Are you required to send Asylum money to play on the server? If no its a donation.

Thats some pretty flawled logic.

I dont have to pay real money to play blade and soul, does that mean If i purchase something from the cashshop its a donation?

No, ofcourse it fucking dosent.