Help w/h building nephew a bare minimum VR Computer

Gatorade

Just now, JAY1HP said:

If you going to spend 221 on i5, the i770k is around 300 if you find a good deal, might as well

You can also spend a bit more and get the gtx 1060 with 6gb

How much more we talking? 

- I already stretched there initial budget a bit but I wouldnt mind paying the rest out of my money if its reasonable

Right now, The i5-8600k is a 6 core 6 thread CPU, the i3-8350k is a 4 core 4 thread CPU. No SMT, but the i3-8350k dosn't have a boost clock but should be ok. Also, If it were me, A 1050ti should be good. I'm putting a 2200g APU in mine for now untill I can get a good GPU xd. 

7 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I did a little research in what the minimum requirements were for VR and the minimums were

- 3.2-3.4 ghz on an i5 or later processor

- 960 with 2 gb vram or more

So based on this I took the budget of around 900$ and made this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yTQbjy

- Please let me know if I missed anything or if I mis-read the spec requirements. Thank you very much

I wouldn't recommend getting pc's build right now, idk how much u want it, but because of crypto everything is more expensive. It's cooling down again but it's sad that something like bitcoin (which btw 100 crashing to atleet a 1000 dollars in 2019) influence prices so much. I built my pc likea year before crypto hype so I am lucky ^^

Just now, wollie35 said:

I wouldn't recommend getting pc's build right now, idk how much u want it, but because of crypto everything is more expensive. It's cooling down again but it's sad that something like bitcoin (which btw 100 crashing to atleet a 1000 dollars in 2019) influence prices so much. I built my pc likea year before crypto hype so I am lucky ^^

Yea me2 my pc would have cost almost twice as much

55 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

23 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

Yea me2 my pc would have cost almost twice as much

Well the parts that I picked are on the lower end and seem to be an appropriate price. As you go up from there its retardedly inflated.

- Its also not really up to me -> His father wants to get him something for his birthday and he wants to use some of the money hes saved.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:00 AM, Sugarfoot said:

I did a little research in what the minimum requirements were for VR and the minimums were

- 3.2-3.4 ghz on an i5 or later processor

- 960 with 2 gb vram or more

So based on this I took the budget of around 900$ and made this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yTQbjy

- Please let me know if I missed anything or if I mis-read the spec requirements. Thank you very much

Pretty solid build, pity the crypto mining fiasco is putting the memory and gpu prices so high, might have got a 1070 in that budget a while back. I would never say no to used parts providing they come from a reliable seller, especially locked cpus.