New pc?

Tricks

Just now, Tricks said:

So after 2 1/2 years of this beast of a pc that allowed me to play any game I wanted too it's getting a little old and I think its time for a new one.... Any suggestions for around 1200-1400? 

If you have any parts that can still be used, keep em. New stuff is coming soonTM.

Eddit: if you where to get anything new, if you've not got an SSD, I would highly recomend one. But, you can still keep things like case (unless its junk) or your PSU/HDD.

Edited by Twinkie
Just now, Emma said:

The Crypto-craze has driven the price of hardware through the roof, like Kettles said, building a PC at this time is not advisable...

The Crypto-craze is dead. It's un-affordabe to mine main coins. Now it's just due to RAM, and people who wanted to get their hands on stuff. At least you can get a 1070ti now for 600 and not 800+

Edit: 560*

Edited by Twinkie

I bought this for $810 now its $1300, don't buy a GPU right now, if you want everything new, just get things that wont go bad like a case/fans/PSU... if you want better performance now I suggest the same thing as @Twinkie said, get an SSD, it makes a hell of a difference but you will NOT get the bang for your buck for a GPU right now with this market

c5b577dfb84162897e79233b49a6d629.png

Twinkie, Tyler, Emma and 1 other like this

The best thing you could do for your self is to 1) See what you can save from your own rig 2) Save more, because if you're looking for a kick ass PC, 1600 won't do it right now 3) Do more research on what you want from a system. Not everyone needs an i7 and the such. 

2 hours ago, Frizzy said:

I feel you on this, my PC is 5+years old. I'm in need of a new one too. I think in going to buy a prebuilt soon.  

same I don’t want to build. 

8 hours ago, Twinkie said:

If you have any parts that can still be used, keep em. New stuff is coming soonTM.

Eddit: if you where to get anything new, if you've not got an SSD, I would highly recomend one. But, you can still keep things like case (unless its junk) or your PSU/HDD.

i have a 500gb ssd, i5 4690k, 12gb of ram, 600 or 800 watt psu, and a gtx 960 ssc.

Just now, Tricks said:

i have a 500gb ssd, i5 4690k, 12gb of ram, 600 or 800 watt psu, and a gtx 960 ssc.

I would hang on to the SSD and RAM. They are easy to install and not time consuming. But to be completely honest with you you should build your own PC... it's just so much cheaper these days.

Just now, Tyler said:

I would hang on to the SSD and RAM. They are easy to install and not time consuming. But to be completely honest with you you should build your own PC... it's just so much cheaper these days.

He can hang on to the PSU and SSD, resale the RAM. That ram ls DDR3 and all CPUs today use DDR4. He could probs make 40 to 60 bucks on them. Also, he could keep that PSU, and EASY resale that GPU, people want a good deal and you could get a probably 100 to 150 for that 960. 

Edit: as of right now, building isn't much cheaper. But, you can always get deals on stuff, but that can take some time. Going with a pre-built is good if you dont want to do it yourself or if you want to have that nice full coverage. I would build, because then you know how stuff fits together and works, and it's a lot of fun, but you can chose how you want to build your system. I would recomend NZXT's building service if you where to buy pre built. Also, if you're going to build yourself, please don't fall for getting a full priced Windows 10 pro code, they can be had for around 15 bucks or cheaper, if you know where to find it. 

Edited by Twinkie
Just now, Twinkie said:

He can hang on to the PSU and SSD, resale the RAM. That ram ls DDR3 and all CPUs today use DDR4. He could probs make 40 to 60 bucks on them. Also, he could keep that PSU, and EASY resale that GPU, people want a good deal and you could get a probably 100 to 150 for that 960. 

Edit: as of right now, building isn't much cheaper. But, you can always get deals on stuff, but that can take some time. Going with a pre-built is good if you dont want to do it yourself or if you want to have that nice full coverage. I would build, because then you know how stuff fits together and works, and it's a lot of fun, but you can chose how you want to build your system. I would recomend NZXT's building service if you where to buy pre built. Also, if you're going to build yourself, please don't fall for getting a full priced Windows 10 pro code, they can be had for around 15 bucks or cheaper, if you know where to find it. 

Yeah i use some chinese site to get my Windows haha i think win 8.1 pro is $12 i think it was play-asia.com or something.

3 hours ago, Tricks said:

Just now, Snow- said:

What are your specs? If your PC is 2 years old it's still considered current. You're better off upgrading specific components. Like others said, RAM and GPU prices are at a peak right now. If you want to upgrade, you're gonna have to pay.

Just now, Twinkie said:

No point in building a new PC. The only thing outdated is your video card. Get a 1070, and another 4gb of ram. Your PSU might be a bit small at 600 watts but would probably work. 800 will definitely be fine. Maybe invest in a bigger SSD. That's really all you need.

Just now, Snow- said:

No point in building a new PC. The only thing outdated is your video card. Get a 1070, and another 4gb of ram. Your PSU might be a bit small at 600 watts but would probably work. 800 will definitely be fine. Maybe invest in a bigger SSD. That's really all you need.

I gave 4gb to my little brother so he could have 8gb’s. I will just buy him a another stick. but i feel my cpu is sluggish..

Just now, Tricks said:

I gave 4gb to my little brother so he could have 8gb’s. I will just buy him a another stick. but i feel my cpu is sluggish..

A 4690k is fine. The 960 is bottlenecking you really hard. The CPU is still a really good CPU even for new builds today. Trust me, it's not your problem and won't be a problem for probably another 5 years minimum

@Frizzy @Tricks The pre-built market right now is almost spot on for prices.

- I was looking shit up for my nephews birthday about 3 weeks ago and I checked all the prices out individually and there was maybe like a 50 dollar difference if I had put it together my self.

- As for the 2 1/2 year thing you may just have a bottle neck on your pc and could upgrade parts individually (Since your PC isn't old)

ChicoXL, Twinkie and Tricks like this
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

- I was looking shit up for my nephews birthday about 3 weeks ago and I checked all the prices out individually and there was maybe like a 50 dollar difference if I had put it together my self.

- As for the 2 1/2 year thing you may just have a bottle neck on your pc and could upgrade parts individually (Since your PC isn't old)

i want to use my current as a stream pc and my other as a gaming. So I will be buying one I fall in love with within the next two months I got a lot to pay for atm so once all its over with i’ll buy it. 

Just now, Tricks said:

i want to use my current as a stream pc and my other as a gaming. So I will be buying one I fall in love with within the next two months I got a lot to pay for atm so once all its over with i’ll buy it. 

You are also getting to the age where you would want to save for college or a car so maybe see what you can upgrade.

Graphics a little lower for some other nice things too

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Yeah I've been looking into it a bit too seems like prebuilt is the way to go because for the build price you get a warranty too. As well as like you said pretty spot on prices. It's just choosing what company to build with is what's holding me up. I read too many horror stories to go with Ibuy or cyber. 

5 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

You are also getting to the age where you would want to save for college or a car so maybe see what you can upgrade.

Graphics a little lower for some other nice things too

I already saved 10k for a down payment just waiting until the rain stops here... 

17 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Not bad not bad, just remember there's always a fat chunk of tax on it as well as insurance + Registration fee's.

yeah I test drive today so hopefully i’ll get it.

15 hours ago, Randy. said:

10k? Jesus christ what are you buying?

2018 dodge charger scat pack.