New cartel locations

Hello all,

I have gotten the green light to have the community redesign Wongs and oil cartels. Their locations and set-up can be changed. We can start off with doing 1 location for each. And then we can explore the second locations at a later time. 

If you would like to design something and submit it here. Please do so. I will host a vote of these locations after some time so that the community can vote on this. 

Please be advised I will be away for the next few weeks. My presence will be less during this time. 

Thank you! 

Good Lub, Jake, Bherky and 23 others like this
Just now, Tom said:

new locations aren't gonna make people want to fight.

give us new incentive to fight.

Something is better than nothing.

Just now, Marzoh said:

Incentive to fight cartels: each minute you spend in the zone, you get 1k

Good idea but a few flaws.I would just go and afk at a cartel people might not attack such as say Oil cartel for 1hour.I come back i get 60k from it.

How about this.

Defending team goes to the fridge scroll wheels and selects the option "Holding cartel".[Only possible if you have the cap]

Attacking team will have to go to any rebel and on a sign you will have a few options:

-Attacking Arms dealer

-Attacking Wongs triads

-Attacking Oil cartel

-Attacking Drug cartel

If yes from both sides it would trigger paychecks on the zone of 2k per minute [Example].

Or you could just do it the simple way and give people 2k per min in the zone of every cartel without thinking of a code 

Edited by Silver-Spy
Just now, Silver-Spy said:

Something is better than nothing.

Good idea but a few flaws.I would just go and afk at a cartel people might not attack such as say Oil cartel for 1hour.I come back i get 60k from it.

How about this.

Defending team goes to the fridge scroll wheels and selects the option "Holding cartel".[Only possible if you have the cap]

Attacking team will have to go to any rebel and on a sign you will have a few options:

-Attacking Arms dealer

-Attacking Wongs triads

-Attacking Oil cartel

-Attacking Drug cartel

If yes from both sides it would trigger paychecks on the zone of 2k per minute [Example].

Or you could just do it the simple way and give people 2k per min in the zone of every cartel without thinking of a code 

cartel takes 20 minutes to cap, so u get 20k. its something i just thought of and not put much detail in it.

Edited by Marzoh
Silver-Spy likes this

Yeah no one fights cartels anymore just make them all into one cartel and rotate them around the map, let cops come and raid it once per restart with a one life rule. Then maybe people won't waste 1 hour afk capping cartels.

P.S.- We need new content not old content revisited for year number 5 of asylum life

Edited by Allstarplaya
Just now, Kettles said:

Awesome, just remember to keep that retard Nathan away from the cartels and we'll have no problems.

Im sure he will come up with a cartel thats basically Pyrgos HQ copy pasted onto the salt flats with twice the entity's. 

For real though remove north wongs and make east arms the second wongs location. 

Kettles, CadeRooney, jeans and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Kettles said:

Awesome, just remember to keep that retard Nathan away from the cartels and we'll have no problems.

Fuck cartels not touching that with a 10ft pole. But im curious to see what you could build 

Edit: you wouldnt like my builds anyway cause they're almost all CQB and not a sniper fest

Edited by TheCrestedPenguin
Bishop and Tiny Cox like this

Move wongs to the location near the center of the map where it was actually fought over before and leave it there.

Move oil to the donor town construction area where wongs currently goes, maybe add some oil shit to make it look good i dunno.

Make it so 10% of all drugs sold auto generates into the cartel to give more incentive to fight.

Arms is fine, drug is fine.

Problem solved.

Silver-Spy, TRYHARD, Innate and 1 other like this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Auto gen based on server population

Gnashes and bamf already said it wont ever auto gen ((They also said we would never get prowlers)) but i think a fair compromise would be to have more things put into cartels. 

A % of all gas sale money goes into oil cartel

A % Of all food sales go into wongs

A % of all crafted vehicles pay a fee to oil cartel as well

A % of all fish sold goes to wongs

These are just a few examples

This would bring up the value of cartels without having magic money spawn from no where.

Yung Tommy likes this
Just now, Patato said:

Gnashes and bamf already said it wont ever auto gen ((They also said we would never get prowlers)) but i think a fair compromise would be to have more things put into cartels. 

A % of all gas sale money goes into oil cartel

A % Of all food sales go into wongs

A % of all crafted vehicles pay a fee to oil cartel as well

A % of all fish sold goes to wongs

These are just a few examples

This would bring up the value of cartels without having magic money spawn from no where.

Any cop money made from giving parole or sending someone to jail is "magic money" maybe that should be removed too

Pariah likes this

Any cop money made from giving parole or sending someone to jail is "magic money" maybe that should be removed too

As ive previously stated on that topic i would be more than happy with that, but this conversation has already been had.

Spoiler

"I'm honestly sick of people coming on cop for money/robocopping."

-Cops get paid based on time not arrests

"All cops do is afk and collect checks"

-No money at all but free load-outs.

"Police don't value their lifes and are either too lenient or Robo copping when it comes to processing"

-No money but cops pay for load outs

"Cops don't fight us cus they don't want to lose money"

That's the TLDR circle of doom and obviously those are over simplified examples of the conversations that have taken place over the years and a different discussion all together if you want to get rid of magic money for cops i suggest making a separate thread that outlines positiives of a different system while acknowledging the negatives.

I don't think derailing this thread with another topic is helpful to the task at hand.

So far i've yet to see any suggestions. Provide some actionable suggestions that can be implemented by devs in a balanced way that isn't over complicated

Examples of things that we would all love but are beyond the current scope of our devs capacity.

-Rebel Talent Tree

-Gang Garage

-Evidence lockup/endgame objectives

They are looking for small & easy to implement quality of life changes that are presented to them appropriately with thought for all major groups in the game. Things that can be dolled out to contributors or done in an hour or two to meet gnashes busy schedule. 

Russell* likes this

Best idea yet. Just make it so its when they are executed/respawn to prevent exploiting. 

Make it a gang perk tree, 

- "CashBack" 5% Refund of gear upon death within a cartel (Paid upon execute or re-spawn)

-- "Looting the enemy" Executed Civilians within cartels will drop one piece of gear 

--- "CashBack+" 10% Refund of gear upon death within a cartel (Paid upon execute or re-spawn)

9 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

:shrug:

mitch, half of those proved my point, half of them arent good at gang life anyways. Except chipotle, hes decent. But for real, when people complain (Not necessarily these people), I always find that they aren't particularly good at PVP and dont like the location because they cant win at those locations, dont blame the location, blame the player. 

Edited by Dick Romney
Patato likes this
10 hours ago, Dick Romney said:

mitch, half of those proved my point, half of them arent good at gang life anyways. Except chipotle, hes decent. But for real, when people complain (Not necessarily these people), I always find that they aren't particularly good at PVP and dont like the location because they cant win at those locations, dont blame the location, blame the player. 

Hahahaha this is funny coming from you

And that is coming from me hahahaha

cbakes likes this
2 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Hahahaha this is funny coming from you

And that is coming from me hahahaha

I never said I was good at pvp, I’m not, but I know people who are super good at those locations, because they’re good at the game. It isn’t the location, it’s the player. But that isn’t to say that moving the locations isnt a solution, it is actually. But they’d only shut up until they realize they can’t win at the new location because they don’t know how to play the game.