Quick poll related to APD and lethals

Quick poll related to APD and lethals  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather:

• Leave lethal payouts the way they are currently
    • Remove payout upon lethal by an APD member, and remove the ability to be revived (except by an APD member)
    • Remove the payout upon lethal by an APD member, and decrease the timer to force a respawn for the killed player

I think the point of JB's comment was misunderstood, he was proposing removing pardons for lethals & rewards for lethals. This would make getting lethaled and lethaling bad on all ends, in the hopes of no longer giving incentive for cops to use them unless absolutely necessary and increasing the number and size of bounties on the server.  

Edited by ZIM2233
Just now, ZIM2233 said:

I think the point of comment was misunderstood, he was proposing removing pardons for lethals & rewards for lethals. This would make getting lethaled and lethaling bad on all ends, in the hopes of no longer giving incentive for cops to use them unless absolutely necessary and increasing the number and size of bounties on the server.  

That's a good thing. Cops should have to down and process the suspect with RP instead of lethalling their way through the wanted list. 

Fried Rice likes this

I'm all for removing insta-pardon and insta-payout from lethals. However, I already know that an alarming amount of APD personnel are not going to process criminals correctly after downing them. I can see why, since some players can be pretty toxic to process without a higher up there to mitigate the process. As was already mentioned, it's a more of community issue than a game mechanic issue. 

On a side note, I see a lot of half-assed tactics being employed when lethal force is used compared to a downing approach. Cops end doing a zerg rush or a sniper elite spin-off just to score a kill. 

Just now, Clockwerk said:

Honestly the lethal pardon is just an escape for people and they just hide on a roof and stand up on purpose. I say remove the lethal pardon. Not only will it increase role play for the bounties, it will make cop and bounty hunting a lot more enjoyable cause we all know people want the big bounties. If anything just decrease the jail time for max bounties to something like 28-32 mins and im sure you'll see an increase in all factions of the game.

This right here is true say.

#removelethalpayoutandpardon

Edited by BioHazard
SharingWriter likes this
5 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

I abuse them as much as the next guy and its just way to easy to call lethals in situations they arnt warranted. Should just make it that only SGT+ can call lethals with the exceptions of Heli Bench snipers, vehicle gunners, and unreachable. 

But for majority of the APD, bottom floor of bank is unreachable.

Time to go lethals because it took 8mins to respond :frog:

@SharingWriter 1) A "timer" is no excuse for an APD officer to do his job poorly. 

2) Perhaps some APD lock-down trainings are needed. Far too many times I or a gang member have walked through                                                             HQ and got a vest off. That's on the APD.

Edited by Maaqs
Frizzy, Sp0on and TRYHARD like this
Just now, Maaqs said:

@SharingWriter 1) A "timer" is no excuse for an APD officer to do his job poorly. 

2) Perhaps some APD lock-down trainings are needed. Far too many times I or a gang member have walked through                                                             HQ and got a vest off. That's on the APD.

hq lockdown and breaching bank/fed needs to be part of ride along questions.

We can't teach common sense. What we can do is remind APD officers that they have the responsibility to respect the civilians in every aspect while still doing our job. I'm not saying for cops to just run up and rp it out, because 9999/10000 of the times that will not work.(please try to rp anyways...you never know.)But to go full lethals when first approaching bank without intel about call outs is shit. To also let every fucking civilian inside an hq unchecked is horse shit. It is simple to tell them to leave or have them be restrained until their friend is handled. If they want to be the lawyer for their friend because their friend is shit at rp. ok. restrain the lawyer(with consent. if they dont consent then dont let the lawyer in). Watch the skies. watch the gates.

simple.

Edited by Sp0on
Just now, ZIM2233 said:

I think the point of JB's comment was misunderstood, he was proposing removing pardons for lethals & rewards for lethals. This would make getting lethaled and lethaling bad on all ends, in the hopes of no longer giving incentive for cops to use them unless absolutely necessary and increasing the number and size of bounties on the server.  

If we remove both the payout and the pardon then in many, many situations there will be no "risk" for the rebel/civilian faction.  They can sit in groups of two on top of a building and play whack a mole with the cops with impunity.  That's the reason I framed the 3 options the way that I did - to ensure there is risk and reward on both sides regardless of which ammunition or tactic is employed.  

Another change we could make is to make lethal ammunition cost more for the APD.  That way there is a risk to having a large amount of your loadout geared around ammunition that limits RP interactions.  

Ultimately, even though we are a "light RP" server I would still like the factions to have to interact with each other more than just by sport shooting one another.  

Medi and DankBud like this

@bamf @Clint Beastwood

Just my honest opinion as a long standing  player, primarily as an APD Officer (with majority of my time being a Sergeant or Lieutenant) what Bamf said about lethal ammunition costing more: I believe this to be a good idea as the cop payout for lethal for even a max payout bounty is hardly anything, removing it wouldn’t change a thing... making the lethals cost more however would make officers (most, not all) carry less lethal ammunition, I suggest changing the script for the default loadout to not include lethals forcing APD members to purchase it if they desire to use lethals, after all (though some may argue) the APD was created for what I see as just a few reasons, to always give rebels an enemy and to give players a faction for more RP... Currently the APD that may be seen as “corrupt” dont lethal for money, they lethal out of anger or for dumb reasons...

TLDR: Don’t have the script give default lethals, make lethals cost more (by more I mean something that hurts the bank if they die over and over) Hopefully this coming from someone who plays more cop than civ and a long standing player of the community this will be taken as a credible source for suggestion considering I’m not trying to “buff the APD” that people bitch about even though our “buffs” are minor and balanced :)

10 minutes ago, Clockwerk said:

Honestly the lethal pardon is just an escape for people and they just hide on a roof and stand up on purpose. I say remove the lethal pardon. Not only will it increase role play for the bounties, it will make cop and bounty hunting a lot more enjoyable cause we all know people want the big bounties. If anything just decrease the jail time for max bounties to something like 28-32 mins and im sure you'll see an increase in all factions of the game.

This right here.

The problem is, People are using lethals as a way out of crimes. Ahem, Kavala trolls. But anyways, They sit in there house and get cops to come, Only to shoot out so we are forced to lethal as it is a unreachable location, Or, they use the top of Atm Buildings. I would love to see more rp and have more rebels be actually able to serve jail time or work with the tickets they have. I personally don't feel anyone deserves a large ticket if they come to me first and are being non-evasive. This hole pardon by lethal is nonsence. it just encourages people to get these huge bounties, Only to be killed by cops by a shootout of some unreachable or outnumbered scenario. If rebels don't like the way it is, Don't put us in a 10v3 situation or put yourself in a location that is only reachable by one way (Aka atm buildings) and camp the ladder, What do u expect us to do? Keep on downing you till you and your 4 other friends are downed and they somehow find the time to climb up there and restrain all 4 of you? Please... 

And on that note, Why do u complain about how much we use lethals if all you use is lethals. Hmmmm. 

Pls fight me, I love fights :)

Clockwerk likes this
19 minutes ago, Clockwerk said:

Thank you. Honestly the newer constables or salty cops always want to jump to lethals and its getting really annoying. I swear every time a bank or fed starts one of the first questions is "lethals authorized?" NO DUDE. HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY TRY FIRST.

BioHazard and Jake like this
Just now, Randy. said:

Thank you. Honestly the newer constables or salty cops always want to jump to lethals and its getting really annoying. I swear every time a bank or fed starts one of the first questions is "lethals authorized?" NO DUDE. HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY TRY FIRST.

A lot of the time, It is unreachable locations and or on top of the building. If we down one, They just get back up. Then eventually, They are forced to fly away and we have no chance without lethals, Maybe if there is under 4 people robbing the bank we could use downing rounds but, Once again, If its 10v3, How do u expect us to fight only using downing rounds? 

Just now, Maaqs said:

It takes so long to respond, Because in a situation say a shooting in Kavala, If u are forced to go ahead and leave, Everyone involved in that situation is now mad at the Apd for not doing a thing about it and responding to bank. I try to adleast finish the situation i'm currently involved in, Or wrap it up

1) Completely agreed

2) This point is just straight up dumb. What do u expect us to do against this? You saw how many officers are in this video standing in the front of gate. Its not like we could have known that the guy had a suicide vest. He literally runs up out of nowhere and blows up. 

At the start of the bank people consistently ask for lethals before anybody has even gotten there. They should be improved on both sides, cops shouldn't be able to call them as easily and rebels shouldn't be able to use it as a free and easy pardon. Something that fixes both problems would get my vote.

Increased jail time, additional charges, losing their weapon—anything that wouldn't promote (and fixes) this.

Just now, bamf said:

They can sit in groups of two on top of a building and play whack a mole with the cops with impunity.

Edited by Legit
BioHazard and BlackShot like this
8 hours ago, Jbdragon said:

+1 what scott said

Just make it so you dont get pardon after a cop lethals you.

are you fucking mental "hey we use lethals too much so lets just make it so that we can lethal them then have another cop waiting in a town to down and robocop them" you can't have the cake and eat it too.

I have a good idea lets make it so that cops can only give pardons when they process someone isn't that a great idea guys?

Frizzy likes this

I hate it when cops disarm me but dont revive me. Most cops use lethals when they get salty. For example, dying 1-3 times and coming back with lethals loaded, killing everyone then leaving us all to respawn. At a bank, being on second floor is now considered unreachable. I was at a rodo fight yesterday, 6 rebels 6 cops. We wiped them the first time, then they came back and lethaled us. Two of them were LT's as well. Its not a mechanic issue, its a salt issue. 

Edit: Maybe removing the pardon is a good thing, that ways cops have to revive you. As long as cops interact with the RP and dont "robocop" i'm good with it.

Edited by Biground
TRYHARD likes this
1 hour ago, Clockwerk said:

The reason why they are the big bounties is because they're with a gang and fully geared and they have the skill to kill/evade the cops. To then say that we should allow them to capture rebels when they just want to get re-geared is ridiculous. It's the same as telling cops to go run around a cartel with Po7's and no vest and try and catch a full gang.

The current system of getting lethaled and pardon is not the problem at all. The real problem is cops can't stand to just lose. They would much rather get a fraction of the money and call it a win.

Removing the pardon from lethals is just silly, by not pardoning it's an indirect way of buffing how much cops make by a ton. Because if you never lose your bounty sooner or later you will get arrested and you will now have the bounty of all the past engagements. They want to be able to win every fight but still be able to arrest you for a bunch of money sooner or later. If cops want to win a engagement by way of lethals it should come to a price for taking the easy way out. If anything once cops go lethals for that engagement they should have to stay lethals the entire engagement. They shouldn't be allowed to lethal people until the odds are overwhelming and they can just zerg down the last few.

If anything not pardoning could increase the use of lethals. Because lethals will come at no loss to the cops so over time it would be better to lethal and zerg down the rest. So those who died can be caught later and you can now easily catch the few left that have built up bounties over past engagements.

They want their cake and eat it too.

Rodrigo, Mason, TRYHARD and 2 others like this

all I'm hearing from higher ups is: WAAAAAAAAAH were not doing a good job and leading the apd and we want the rebels to be at even more of a disadvantage then they already are.

Rebel community is toxic but at least we have our leaders and older players taking control of the situation, you all couldn't lead a fucking horse to its hay. Instead of asking for changes from bamf with lethals why don't you instead look at the apds community and deal with your end of things first.

Edited by Jamal
BioHazard likes this
Just now, Jamal said:

all I'm hearing from higher ups is: WAAAAAAAAAH were not doing a good job and leading the apd and we want the rebels to be at even more of a disadvantage then they already are.

U guys are at the disadvantage? Your joking right? Lets talk about groups. OMEGALUL. One person initiates and the entire police force is Kos

Just now, Tom Kappa said:

U guys are at the disadvantage? Your joking right? Lets talk about groups. OMEGALUL. One person initiates and the entire police force is Kos

1) its the same for a whole gang if i have gang tags on then im kos I've gotten downed plenty of times because one of my gang mates was shooting at cops even though I was unarmed.

2)Also you guys have unlimited lives you can spawn again and again and come back after my ass

3) yall now have level 2 armor which is on par with anything I can put together (except for csat and carrier lite)

4) you can chase us into a cartel and if your fingerless ass sat in a bush you can come back with 20 guys

5) you outnumber any gang on this server

and now you not only want better armor and more numbers but also to lethal me and not have it pardon me, fucking pathetic.

Just now, Jamal said:

1) its the same for a whole gang if i have gang tags on then im kos I've gotten downed plenty of times because one of my gang mates was shooting at cops even though I was unarmed.

2)Also you guys have unlimited lives you can spawn again and again and come back after my ass

3) yall now have level 2 armor which is on par with anything I can put together (except for csat and carrier lite)

4) you can chase us into a cartel and if your fingerless ass sat in a bush you can come back with 20 guys

5) you outnumber any gang on this server

6) and now you not only want better armor and more numbers but also to lethal me and not have it pardon me, fucking pathetic.

1. Here is the difference though, An unarmed man comes up and says hands up or die, You don't know whether u are facing someone that is trolling you or someone that actually has 3-10 people backing him when he says it.

2. See this I honestly disagree with, But the problem is, Trying to force a Nlr period will cause massive amounts of reports to flow in. The more rules we have, the less fun the game becomes and the more time you spend reporting people

3. Thats how it should be? Why should we be under-powered?

4. Well if you feel this could be handled better, Go ahead and please explain how you would want this to be run.

5. Outnumbered? Your joking right. We are expected to adleast patrol most of the land of altis, Most of the time, I have 1-4 people in Kavala with me and farmersville has 5+ or more at all times. This is not even including others that are in a buddy system with them or other gangs that want to go ahead and fight us. 

6. Where did I ever say I wanted better armor or more numbers? Why should lethaling be a way to get out of crimes. So u go ahead and kill 20 people only to run into your house, Get lethaled because you are shooting a $2000 rook out the window and we get what? $200? That is hilarious.

Yeah alright. Got it.

Edited by Tom Kappa

1. Here is the difference though, An unarmed man comes up and says hands up or die, You don't know whether u are facing someone that is trolling you or someone that actually has 3-10 people backing him when he says it.

2. See this I honestly disagree with, But the problem is, Trying to force a Nlr period will cause massive amounts of reports to flow in. The more rules we have, the less fun the game becomes and the more time you spend reporting people

3. Thats how it should be? Why should we be under-powered?

4. Well if you feel this could be handled better, Go ahead and please explain how you would want this to be run.

5. Outnumbered? Your joking right. We are expected to adleast patrol most of the land of altis, Most of the time, I have 1-4 people in Kavala with me and farmersville has 5+ or more at all times. This is not even including others that are in a buddy system with them or other gangs that want to go ahead and fight us. 

6. Where did I ever say I wanted better armor or more numbers? Why should lethaling be a way to get out of crimes. So u go ahead and kill 20 people only to run into your house, Get lethaled because you are shooting a $2000 rook out the window and we get what? $200? That is hilarious.

Yeah alright. Got it.

you're obviously extremely new here ill map this out for you a little better

1) you are right i completely agree but thats part of being a cop

2) I'm not saying force an NLR period but it isn't fun for the other side when you just get wave after wave of cops coming after you and then they saltily give you a full ticket cuz you wiped them 5 times.

3) This falls into my 4th point their is more of you on then a regular rebel gang and a lot of the times as soon as a cop gets wiped with his buddy they call for backup by getting a sgt or higher now you got 15 cops on your ass.

4) A lot of REAL REBELS have expressed their opinions about this but it falls on deaf ears because the apd is catered to IE. this current poll. Also not only in cartels but also anywhere else at meth lab or even rebel its just really scummy to do and when i was part of the apd I've seen higher ups tell people to wait for them to come back after their 5-6 time.

5) with a real gang there are around 5-9 players on regularly (I know you don't know anything about gangs because you made a forums account to join the apd) but usually there are 15 cops on when there are 5-9 so rebels are outnumered.

6) I never said YOU specifically wanted better armor or numbers thats just the way the apd turned out. Going somewhere unreachable is the only way to get a pardon with the apd theres too many robocops now adays even if you attempt to rp with them they'll just sit on your phone and give you a half ticket or parole once your done. And you don't have to pay for your loadout's you get em free. Honestly you haven't been here long enough to put in your two cents so I would just stay quiet.

PS: get the fuck outta kavala what are you doing

Edited by Jamal
bigjohn561 likes this
Just now, Jamal said:

are you fucking mental "hey we use lethals too much so lets just make it so that we can lethal them then have another cop waiting in a town to down and robocop them" you can't have the cake and eat it too.

I have a good idea lets make it so that cops can only give pardons when they process someone isn't that a great idea guys?

Yes because there's going to be a cop sitting in donor 24/7. And if there is cops camping donor, you know what you do? Tell your mates don't spawn at donor. It's that simple. Even better, spawn at your gang house assuming you guys have a decent location.

Lethaling is basically saying "I don't want to process you because I'm lazy". I've been lethaled with a cop standing on top of me before. It gets abused way too much.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Can we reserve opinions for people that have logged into the server in the past 3 months?  A lot of you are basing this on REALLY old experiences.  I won't name any names, but, your opinions are a bit outdated and irrelevant.

WAIT....who are you?  you must be some career cop because you're chief. i bet if you step one foot inside kavala you'd see how much the cop rdms

Edited by Sp0on
Just now, Jamal said:

2) I'm not saying force an NLR period but it isn't fun for the other side when you just get wave after wave of cops coming after you and then they saltily give you a full ticket cuz you wiped them 5 times.

3) This falls into my 4th point their is more of you on then a regular rebel gang and a lot of the times as soon as a cop gets wiped with his buddy they call for backup by getting a sgt or higher now you got 15 cops on your ass.

4) A lot of REAL REBELS have expressed their opinions about this but it falls on deaf ears because the apd is catered to IE. this current poll. Also not only in cartels but also anywhere else at meth lab or even rebel its just really scummy to do and when i was part of the apd I've seen higher ups tell people to wait for them to come back after their 5-6 time.

5) with a real gang there are around 5-9 players on regularly (I know you don't know anything about gangs because you made a forums account to join the apd) but usually there are 15 cops on when there are 5-9 so rebels are outnumered.

6) I never said YOU specifically wanted better armor or numbers thats just the way the apd turned out. Going somewhere unreachable is the only way to get a pardon with the apd theres too many robocops now adays even if you attempt to rp with them they'll just sit on your phone and give you a half ticket or parole once your done. Honestly you haven't been here long enough to put in your two cents so I would just stay quiet.

Alright let me just get this out of the way and explain, Im not new here at all. I played even back in the day when LIRIK used to play on here. That was what? 2015 or more back?  I have screenshots of when I used to play in August of 2015. And that was probs about 5 months into it. Anyways.....

1. Tru Tru, We are both agreed on that.

2. Well here is the reason the tickets go up in price. Most of the time when I go ahead and down someone I have had to come back for 2+ times, it is followed by : "Cops are dogshit" "Im submitting an IA for this reason" "Oh your fucking garbage at shooting get off this server" "Why do u gotta abuse this or that" "Why did it take so many people to go ahead and get me". If it was me personally and the person went ahead and said "God damnit u got me, Nice shot, Or Fuck they got me, And didn't approach and try to talk shit or even harass me as a player when I went ahead and restrained them? I would continue it and rp and most likely give them a reduced ticket for what happened. A great example would be a situation that happened to me - 

Ex. 

Player number one went ahead and was agressive af when I downed him after he was next to drug dealer after a ping. He tried to shoot me, I downed him and brought into custody. He continued to harass me the entire time so guess what? I took his weapon, his license and gave him a 5k+ ticket. What did his buddy get that was non evasive and gave up and was nice to me the entire time? A $500 ticket, Kept his gun, And nothing taken from him. Why was this different? because of the attitude. You give the cops the attitude and they will be salty and give it right back to you through a form of a ticket because we can't use fighting words, Just keep that in mind.

3. There is many many times I call for backup and officers are in other situations. Must have just had some bad situations with some cop groups. Although there has been times when there is a lot of cops online and 10+ respond to a little incident and we wipe everyone.

4. Idk what to say on this XD

5. rolled with gangs back in 2015 and above, It was very disorganized from when I was with them, I just rolled with the wrong people I guess. Idk where u are getting this 15 cop number from but that is A LOT different from what I have seen. Maybe different precincts are different. 

6. Idk why my time has anything to do with it at all. Im saying it as a (POLICE MAIN) I don't usually play a lot of civ since I have played as police. 

P.S Someone has to play the crowd control roll, I still want new players to be able to get out of Kavala without being kidnapped so they can continue to keep on playing. I shure as hell wouldn't want to be constantly harrassed by FarmersVille being a new player. But no, I get constant reports of it. And once again, An example

Buddy joins b.c I told him to play arma 3 for quite a while. First 10 minutes, We both get kidnapped by some gang in Kavala. He quits but i convinced him to join again. 

What happens the next time when he gets a truck to go and go mining to make some money after im trying to teach him some things again? Guess what, 3 fully geared rebels rolled up on him and took everything he had and continued to go ahead and kill him. Nice enviroment we got. 

Just now, Yenii said:

Yes because there's going to be a cop sitting in donor 24/7. And if there is cops camping donor, you know what you do? Tell your mates don't spawn at donor. It's that simple. Even better, spawn at your gang house assuming you guys have a decent location.

Lethaling is basically saying "I don't want to process you because I'm lazy". I've been lethaled with a cop standing on top of me before. It gets abused way too much.

No, Lethaling from what I have seen is a way to fight back. I have more fun processing and rping with people throughout kavala than I do being constantly lethaled and listening to people on both sides complaining about it. I can't stand having to spawn into Kav Hq and being killed 24/7 by people that have nothing better to do and kill/kidnap cops

Just now, Jamal said:

6) I never said YOU specifically wanted better armor or numbers thats just the way the apd turned out. Going somewhere unreachable is the only way to get a pardon with the apd theres too many robocops now adays even if you attempt to rp with them they'll just sit on your phone and give you a half ticket or parole once your done. And you don't have to pay for your loadout's you get em free. Honestly you haven't been here long enough to put in your two cents so I would just stay quiet.

Lol I like how you insult the guy when he is just giving his opinion and trying to debate. I'm starting to see why you supposedly get "robocop'd" a lot and cry about it on the forums. It has got to be your attitude towards those people and not because you WIPED them multiple times. The cops do have to listen to your rp but if you were being a dick head and harassing the cops the whole way back to the hq, that might play a big part in why you are receiving those tickets and not a pardon. Maybe you should look at yourself and how you behave instead of complaining and talking shit to people just giving their opinions. 

PS: I don't know who you and why you think your such a hot shot that you can tell people things like "get the fuck outta kavala" and "you are obviously new" so you should stick to crying on the forums and less insulting 

Edited by Term
Tom Kappa, ZIM2233, Kev 23 and 2 others like this
Just now, Tom said:

They removed the 150K lethal payout because Gnashes was getting shit on by jimbo and the boys. 

25K is hardly any money split between lets say 10 cops.

If anything buff the lethal payout to more. Rebels have defibs for a reason get over it.

Holy shit,  Tom actually said something I agree with.

The fuck is going on around here..?

I dont like this, tell me to kill myself or something Tom.

Patato and Azeh like this

A lot of the time, It is unreachable locations and or on top of the building. If we down one, They just get back up. Then eventually, They are forced to fly away and we have no chance without lethals, Maybe if there is under 4 people robbing the bank we could use downing rounds but, Once again, If its 10v3, How do u expect us to fight only using downing rounds? 

Maybe you're just one of the 100s of cops that don't understand this, but cops aren't supposed to win every time... 

BioHazard, Patato and TRYHARD like this
Just now, Randy. said:

Maybe you're just one of the 100s of cops that don't understand this, but cops aren't supposed to win every time... 

Completely understanded, I have been shit on too. But we have to win some of the time too. Now think about it like this. Its a 10v10 situation at bank. Fair on both sides, Same weapons, Same gear, Same everything. Only difference? Rebels get lethals while we can't use them. Now what? We deminish our numbers until u guys still have all 10 left alive and we have no cops alive? That is hilarious. Maybe instead of complaining about the lethals, Just become a better shot and don't get shot by cops ;)