Community feedback on possible different cartel locations

Ok guys i have a idea but looking to get the communities feedback from a rebel standpoint. So as you guys know the 4 cartels in asylum randomly switch between two different locations for each cartel at server restart. What do you guys think about it being changed to 3 locations for each cartel? Maybe finding 4 new locations to add could switch things up a little bit from the every day norm could make things a little more interesting.

Also another question what do you guys think about the old Ghost Hotel, and the OG Castle to the north west of the map, Do you guys miss those and want them to return or is that something that you rather not see ever again?

Again im just trying to get feedback from the community i have no power to make this happen myself but your guys feedback will help

Edited by Ken.
Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

There's 4 cartels btw...

My opinion on the matter:  drop north wongs location, move it to Ghost Hotel.  Drug Locations are good.  Arms Locations are good.  And as for oil, drop the rig cartel and move it back to the salt flat location, or use @Bishop's suggested location.

What if a New rig was implemented, would you still want oil cartel removed from the rig?

Codie Alterman and Akeelagi like this
Just now, Ken. said:

So the problem is it being out of the way to defend it? What about going there to cap it, was that as much of a problem too? Curious what other people have to think as well.

Back then you had reason to cap it. If it were implemented today, it would be pointless.

New locations won't add incentive to fight. It's been said over and over again.

if you want to revive rebel life, make it worthwhile to cap and defend without causing a huge money sink.

Part of the reason people stopped fighting north drug is because orcas were rendered useless in combat. I bet my left nut that if Bamf buffed the orcas people could use them in combat again, and going to those further off caps isn't such a bad idea. There's really only 3 ways to attack that castle.

1. Hot drop on top and hope you kill everyone.

2. Get picks and play the peak game till you wipe anyone on top of the castle itself.

3. A combination of the first two.

You can't really do shit with paper orcas. You can say all day long that Bohemia nerfed them and that is true, but they could still buff the glass.

Silver-Spy likes this
On 5/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Steve said:

Part of the reason people stopped fighting north drug is because orcas were rendered useless in combat. I bet my left nut that if Bamf buffed the orcas people could use them in combat again, and going to those further off caps isn't such a bad idea. There's really only 3 ways to attack that castle.

2. Get picks and play the peak game till you wipe anyone on top of the castle itself.

You can't really do shit with paper orcas. You can say all day long that Bohemia nerfed them and that is true, but they could still buff the glass.

Your not wrong. I guess this is another topic to bring up, same goes with ifrits. It is easy to shoot people out of those as well from the side now, But im more interested in seeing orca's being buffed.

Codie Alterman and Akeelagi like this
1 hour ago, Ken. said:

Your not wrong. I guess this is another topic to bring up, same goes with ifrits. It is easy to shoot people out of those as well from the side now, But im more interested in seeing orca's being buffed.

Let's get the orca buff. This could lead to more interesting cartel locations because going in on air will actually be an option ^^

1 hour ago, Ken. said:

It also helps cops, imagine if you could drop an orca on the bank roof without everyone being shot out.

wollie35 and FudgeR like this

I'm not a cartel guy as most of you know me as primarily APD... but what if said cartel that @Ken. is talking about (on the north end of the map, that many find to be annoying so out of the way and a pain to get to) was the ONLY cartel to auto-deposit AND generate money like old cartels did? Giving the distance/inconvenience worth while? Like I said I don't do cartels, just trying to put suggestions on the table... @Mitch (IFRIT) Do you think this may be something you could bring to the devs?

BlackShot likes this
On 5/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Steve said:

You forgot the og strategy of crashing a drug runner 

Steve likes this
Just now, Jake said:

@Ken.that many find to be annoying so out of the way and a pain to get to) was the ONLY cartel to auto-deposit AND generate money like old cartels did? @Mitch (IFRIT)

I'm nearly a 100% certain the cartels never auto-generated and auto-deposited money into the gang bank it was one or the other. I could be wrong because I took a year break or so shortly after 6.0 but I'm pretty sure about that.

X Jake likes this
Just now, Steve said:

I'm nearly a 100% certain the cartels never auto-generated and auto-deposited money into the gang bank it was one or the other. I could be wrong because I took a year break or so shortly after 6.0 but I'm pretty sure about that.

I know they didn't; I meant auto-generated money (like they used to) but add auto-deposit as well just to this specific cartel to make this be like the "ultimate cartel" and make the location inconvenience and fight worth while, dumb idea orrr?

Just now, Jake said:

I'm not a cartel guy as most of you know me as primarily APD... but what if said cartel that @Ken. is talking about (on the north end of the map, that many find to be annoying so out of the way and a pain to get to) was the ONLY cartel to auto-deposit AND generate money like old cartels did? Giving the distance/inconvenience worth while? Like I said I don't do cartels, just trying to put suggestions on the table... @Mitch (IFRIT) Do you think this may be something you could bring to the devs?

About to be out for the day. Will look into when I return. 

Jake and Steve like this
Just now, Jake said:

I know they didn't; I meant auto-generated money (like they used to) but add auto-deposit as well just to this specific cartel to make this be like the "ultimate cartel" and make the location inconvenience and fight worth while, dumb idea orrr?

I mean I'd be down for it, the question is where would this cartel be "pooling" it's money from? I suppose it doesn't matter if it's all auto-generated.

Just now, Steve said:

I mean I'd be down for it, the question is where would this cartel be "pooling" it's money from? I suppose it doesn't matter if it's all auto-generated.

To my knowledge, any auto-generated money was simply auto-generated.... the money from wongs cartel for example comes from selling scotch to wongs, so this "auto-gen" money wouldn't come from any source per-say

To be honest, No point sticking a cartel in places people arnt going to gear up and return, the dog days are over and back then there was 100 people on 4 servers were competition was really high, nowadays there are to many people making gangs and then only 3-5 people are joining it then not playing due to lack of interest, people need to be more open about who is in there gang and just taking them on as a pleb.

To many leaders are coming from experienced backgrounds then recruiting the same players and then when it dies the next person takes over, it like a life cycle that keeps on dying 

Edited by Smee
Silver-Spy and cHIP oTLE like this
Just now, Smee said:

To be honest, No point sticking a cartel in places people arnt going to gear up and return, the dog days are over and back then there was 100 people on 4 servers were competition was really high, nowadays there are to many people making gangs and then only 3-5 people are joining it then not playing due to lack of interest, people need to be more open about who is in there gang and just taking them on as a pleb.

To many leaders are coming from experienced backgrounds then recruiting the same players and then when it dies the next person takes over, it like a life cycle that keeps on dying 

I agree one hundred percent. I'm not saying people should accept brand new people into their gangs but they should be more open about who they accept and be less focused on only cartels.

wollie35 and TRYHARD like this
Just now, Steve said:

I agree one hundred percent. I'm not saying people should accept brand new people into their gangs but they should be more open about who they accept and be less focused on only cartels.

If only there was a way to allow more people into your group so gangs would recruit new people...... or increase the amount of money cartels generate so gang paychecks would be common and incentivize people to join gangs.... 

Just now, Jake said:

@Jake im already talking to them, and thats a interesting idea as well.

Just now, Steve said:

@Steve i think you are correct, it was either auto generate and then you had to go collect from the fridge and then came the auto deposit into the gang account but the community had to actually be doing something like running drugs in order to get the money deposited from the respecting cartels

Just now, Smee said:

@Smee I respect your opinion but i dont think that the best course of action with something when people lose interest is to leave it alone and let it die, but rather work on it and change it to something the people (or the majority of them) enjoy

Akeelagi and Codie Alterman like this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

If only there was a way to allow more people into your group so gangs would recruit new people...... or increase the amount of money cartels generate so gang paychecks would be common and incentivize people to join gangs.... 

There is, its called getting people together to donate to the community goals :P

Just now, Ken. said:

There is, its called getting people together to donate to the community goals :P

I will happily donate for a rebel talent/honor system, a new cop vs. Civ event, servers that work, and many more things. But donating for balancing changes is fucking asinine. I already donated 60 a couple months back and I'd donate again if we were guarenteed one of the things I said.

Before that I spent close to $100 on pilot coveralls and I was also a $50 donor (can't remember what level it was because the tiers have changed) like 2 years ago. Donating for balancing changes is something I can not fathom, especially if it's temporary.

I'm not trying to make it a dick measuring contest for who donates the most but I hope you can see where I am coming from.

Edited by Steve