Suggestion for Medic Role

To increase the fun and functionality of the medic role, a system similar to moving downed/restrained players could be implemented but for dead bodies, allowing medics to load patients into ambulances and bring them back to hospitals. Once at the hospital, the patient could be able to be revived even after a prolonged period of time (5-10 minutes). This would allow for more realistic and intriguing game play where medics would have to make use of hospitals in order to revive people after long amounts of time being dead. Medic's on-the-scene reviving abilities could be nerfed to more like when a civilian revives a dead person, limiting speed and endurance. This would provide an intensive to make role-playing more fruitful. Comments and suggestions welcome!

McMuffin and BlackShot like this
1 hour ago, Real Buddy said:

To increase the fun and functionality of the medic role, a system similar to moving downed/restrained players could be implemented but for dead bodies, allowing medics to load patients into ambulances and bring them back to hospitals. Once at the hospital, the patient could be able to be revived even after a prolonged period of time (5-10 minutes). This would allow for more realistic and intriguing game play where medics would have to make use of hospitals in order to revive people after long amounts of time being dead. Medic's on-the-scene reviving abilities could be nerfed to more like when a civilian revives a dead person, limiting speed and endurance. This would provide an intensive to make role-playing more fruitful. Comments and suggestions welcome!

My main complaint about this is it would be just to tedious and what would you do for guys way out in the middle of say red-zones or just in the desert i sure as hell know i am not waiting to be picked up then driven across the map 

1 hour ago, 王Rambunctious Cheeto王 said:

My main complaint about this is it would be just to tedious and what would you do for guys way out in the middle of say red-zones or just in the desert i sure as hell know i am not waiting to be picked up then driven across the map 

Lots of medics have helicopters, you could be loaded into a helicopter and flown. Also, both Kavala and Pyrgos could act as main hospital centers instead of just clinics.

1 hour ago, Akeelagi said:

It’s already been stated by the devs, if the medics get whitelisted then everyone will lose the ability to defib people while only medics can defib. If the community is okay with that then maybe the talks can start about whitelisting medics. 

I think it would be a terrible idea for that to happen considering defibs is the one thing that Olympus doesn't have. Epi pens are a 1 time use so it's not quite the same. In my opinion this is one of the few and only pieces of leverage Asylum has over Olympus for retaining a player base.

28 minutes ago, Rapidkillz said:

Exactly

Asylum was unique for dirty money and gave people something to look forward to. Removing it was yet just another small tactic on killing asylum. How about when I cap a cartel solo and can no longer get paid?

Yep, the pawns that cap the cartels for their gangs don't even get that money...

I mean, u still have opportunities.  You can camp drug fields, you could camp meth lab or coke pro.  There's plenty of other roach opportunities out there for ya...

On 5/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, Rapidkillz said:

Olympus has an amazing medic design. And epi are still great. Community wasn't fine with dirty money being removed so the devs clearly don't give a shit about what we think 

Community absolutely hated dirty money, who are your sources?  If you remove defibs from Asylum you completely destroy gang life which is already holding on by a thread.

Just now, Rapidkillz said:

where did i say remove defibs? 

You literally just said Oylmpus has a great medic system....  The ONLY reason its a good system is because players dont have defibs (unless that's changed recently, which I doubt)

6 hours ago, HotWings said:

You literally just said Oylmpus has a great medic system....  The ONLY reason its a good system is because players dont have defibs (unless that's changed recently, which I doubt)

they use epi-pen which is basically a defib

Edited by Rapidkillz
On 5/30/2018 at 7:07 PM, Rapidkillz said:

show me the post 

On 5/30/2018 at 8:22 PM, cHIP ōTLE said:

Too much effort on my part, no thanks...

On 5/31/2018 at 1:38 AM, Rapidkillz said:

Exactly

Asylum was unique for dirty money and gave people something to look forward to. Removing it was yet just another small tactic on killing asylum. How about when I cap a cartel solo and can no longer get paid?

You do get paid, you should get paid by the leader of your gang if you are capping a cartel through gang paychecks.

Edited by Steve

There is some stuff the devs could do to make medic more appealing. Like if you request for medic and they come 10km they should be paid a minimum 5k. Blood bagging, applying splints, and feeding painkillers could give $50-$100 each. Also removing the defib timer for medics reviving the same player after they die again would be nice. 

Donald likes this

@Real Buddy While I agree medic could use some tweaking, I'm not about to have you drag my incapacitated ass halfway across the map away from my gang members/a fight just to get rez'd.  "5 - 10 minutes" = my vehicle will de-spawn so it's a big NOPE from me.

Medics, IMO, sit in Kavala because it makes their job too easy. 100% chance someone needs a rez every 45seconds - 1minute in Kavala (at prime time) > actually "patrolling" around the rest of the island to get that 1 ping every 5mins from someone outside Kavala that actually needs a medic / isn't get rez'd by a gang member or cop.

Edited by Maaqs
4 hours ago, Maaqs said:

@Real Buddy While I agree medic could use some tweaking, I'm not about to have you drag my incapacitated ass halfway across the map away from my gang members/a fight just to get rez'd.  "5 - 10 minutes" = my vehicle will de-spawn so it's a big NOPE from me.

Medics, IMO, sit in Kavala because it makes their job too easy. 100% chance someone needs a rez every 45seconds - 1minute in Kavala (at prime time) > actually "patrolling" around the rest of the island to get that 1 ping every 5mins from someone outside Kavala that actually needs a medic / isn't get rez'd by a gang member or cop.

Like other comments have said, if there was a epipen one-use item to rez people, you could still be revived for 5 minutes. Bringing you back to the hospital after 5-10 minutes could be for if you crash out in the middle of nowhere with lots of gear that you dont want to lose. Medics could still be able to revive on the spot for 5 minutes or so

5 hours ago, Real Buddy said:

Like other comments have said, if there was a epipen one-use item to rez people, you could still be revived for 5 minutes. Bringing you back to the hospital after 5-10 minutes could be for if you crash out in the middle of nowhere with lots of gear that you dont want to lose. Medics could still be able to revive on the spot for 5 minutes or so

I bet that half of the veterans to Asylum that still play are here because of a defibs. If they nerf defibs at all you can pretty much guarantee we will lose those players to Olympus.