Change log 8.1.6

bamf

14 minutes ago, bamf said:

There are some database tweaks that have to happen before I deploy this, so it's likely to happen tomorrow AM.  This is again mainly a performance tweaking patch, but it had a few other things in it as well.  We had to finish testing all of these before we could begin working on the rebel talent tree - but that should be the next actual patch you see (minus hotfixes as necessary to this patch).  

That being said, here are the patch notes:  

• The winning gang from the most recent gang wars has received a special in game title (it's colored too)
  • APD Prowlers now have cop lights
  • Gangs that hold Zaros will now receive 10% more money when selling gold bars and banded bank notes when robbing the Bank of Altis
  • Achievements should save more reliably now (are you Prestigious?)
  • Re-wrote how gang members are tallied at server startup.  This should reduce server restart time by a considerable amount.  
  • Spikestrips shouldn't fly into the sky now.  Deploying them will have a 1 second delay (with no progress bar though).
  • SWAT has been disabled pending the system being heavily optimized
  • Shanks should work as intended
  • Storing vehicles in your garage when you have a blown up vehicle near the garage will now actually store your good vehicle (while ignoring the blown up vehicle)
  • The last bits of Arma2Net have been removed from DB queries
  • Many, many performance tweaks
  • If your prestige or honor are maxed out, you will now just be told it is maximized when you earn more
  • Fixed several exploits and bugs

Do something with this please.

4f6246505ac4a84311a54838b36e3916.jpg

Just now, bamf said:

Is this a reported bug?  B/c I'm kind of wondering what you mean...

@Akeelagi told me it would be in a recent update.  I have 2 houses in telos on s3 for scotch and sometimes some crates will show and some will not and its pissing me off because I spent so much on crates to get them in and I cant do scotch there because it is unreliable to stay

G.O.A.T likes this
Just now, CrispySliick said:

@Akeelagi told me it would be in a recent update.  I have 2 houses in telos on s3 for scotch and sometimes some crates will show and some will not and its pissing me off because I spent so much on crates to get them in and I cant do scotch there because it is unreliable to stay

That’s what you get for listening to Akee. Lol

Sliick, Scott, Sp0on and 12 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

No one is going to comment that Zaros is actually useful now?  Damn.  It came straight from a community suggestion too.  

You have no idea how happy I am about that.  All my rat gangs that cap Zaros give me a purpose.  I feel for the cops that see my 20 rook bangars at a bank whilst I sell my banded bank notes

GravL likes this
20 minutes ago, bamf said:

It was only really small things still using it - and mostly during startup before players were in the game.  But it's done now...

If this patch doesn't help that much with performance it might be worth considering 1 server to hard restarts only under a trial period of one week to see if it performs any better. The results can then be compared to the other servers. This poll got a decent amount of attention bamf I really think you should look at it and give it a shot, considering it is something that would be so easy to revert.