Change log 8.1.6

bamf

On 6/21/2018 at 2:55 PM, EthanS said:

fr who cares how long your in jail for. bounty hunters want money same with most cops

I'd rather send you to jail then fly a heli over and watch you just sit and burn in there.  Dont matter how much you're wanted for

Edited by Bread
1 minute ago, Azeh said:

lag was never fixed

fixing BE kicks was arguably bad because BE kicks make the server stop lagging

From what I understand the servers essentially "freezing" is some sort of restart while the server is still in a weird way online. Have you noticed when it catches up after 10 minutes or so the performance is like it just hard restarted? While it can be aids the end idea is that we don't have to deal with being kicked and losing our Y or wherever our car is.

9 hours ago, Azeh said:

I'll mention that too much logging also decreases performance, but in this case I don't think it would cause a difference.

One thing that asylum has been known for is their logs. It's quite rare for a truly major exploit to go unseen for a long time. We have seen the performance get worse and worse(generally) over the last couple of years. Since then I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of logging taking place has doubled or more since then. I'm sure all of it is for good reason but that doesn't change that it can and eventually will hurt server performance. Perhaps this could be looked into and maybe there is some logging taking place that is no longer needed or relevant for that matter. @bamf

I'll give an example of what I am talking about, not that this is the issue and probably is not, just something to think about in a different light.

After the bank was changed from dirty money to bank notes, is it possible that their is still logging regarding the bank for dirty money? I'm not really  knowledgeable with SQF, but to just throw the idea out there, maybe the logging for the dirty money is running in an endless loop with no delay between the loops, hence why people say the server lags after or during a bank. In simple terms the logging system might be checking for dirty money that is not there over and over . Again this particular bit regarding the bank is likely not the root of the issue at all, but if the issue does not come from the mission file or the server boxes themselves, where would it come from?

Edited by Steve
Innate likes this

Perhaps what needs to be looked at it is what is consistently going on when the server fps drops below 20. Is it the bank, or maybe it's as simple as the gun fighting in general. I've noticed that it happens very frequently at cartels, more often then not at cartels. What if it has to do with people entering and leaving the cap. If more then a few people do this at once it could be damaging performance. It would make sense because cartels are something that usually get contested at least a couple times every single restart. While people may not be leaving and joining the cap constantly it might have to do with the script that checks for players in the radius every minute. Could you guys check to see if this could be causing inefficiencies? @bamf and @Gnashes 

Edited by Steve
Fried Rice likes this

We are tweaking the back end network settings of the server. We went too far, and are tweaking it back now. We have implemented something to make it much easier for us to tweak these settings going forward -so hopefully we will find the sweet spot soon. 

As for the logging -what Dwarden is talking about is the engine logging things -not us logging inside the mission. We are logging to the DB to look for exploits etc. That isn’t the issue. 

8 minutes ago, bamf said:

We are tweaking the back end network settings of the server. We went too far, and are tweaking it back now. We have implemented something to make it much easier for us to tweak these settings going forward -so hopefully we will find the sweet spot soon. 

As for the logging -what Dwarden is talking about is the engine logging things -not us logging inside the mission. We are logging to the DB to look for exploits etc. That isn’t the issue. 

Add the Type 115.

Steve, Donald, Atra and 6 others like this

no joke can we get the mass battleeye kicks back please?those were way better than having to spend 30 mins on a frozen server where nobody is moving on your screen and when something starts going right again you just get killed by a guy who was nowhere near you?sv 2 is frozen right now i died 20 mins ago and my teammates see i died just now and it is unplayable.people randomly teleport,we can t do shit and we die out of nowhere or get downed by someone who shot us a while ago while everything was frozen

Edited by LastKiller
TRYHARD, Xehons, Dally and 2 others like this
3 hours ago, wollie35 said:

this DONT add the fucking 115, no recoil, everybody is gonna just shoot the fucking 115

If it costs 12 or 15k would you buy it? Almost worth buying a mk200 at that point. Imo the gun is good but the only really good thing about it is that it's light so you don't have that much sway.

Regardless, I noticed server 3 has much better performance then 1 or 2, even with 80+ people on. Whatever they did to 3, they need to do to 1 and 2.

Edited by Steve
On 6/28/2018 at 1:09 AM, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Everyone uses MK-1 here because there's no good inbetween guns. 

I use mk18 cuz im a cqc niBBa

Also it made oly gang fights cancerous. People only did it for warpoints and you can get 15 warpoints from one type 115 kill, which can almost buy you 2 mk-1s on there

Edited by Ski Mask The Tap God
On 6/28/2018 at 5:30 PM, Steve said:

If it costs 12 or 15k would you buy it? Almost worth buying a mk200 at that point. Imo the gun is good but the only really good thing about it is that it's light so you don't have that much sway.

Regardless, I noticed server 3 has much better performance then 1 or 2, even with 80+ people on. Whatever they did to 3, they need to do to 1 and 2.

its also good cause it shreds cqc, and it has 30 bullets, almost no recoil and im guessing if they do add it it would be cheaper then 7.62's

Edited by Fudger
.Casper likes this