We need a new map!

New map  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Asylum developers open a new server with a map other than altis?

1 minute ago, The Official Shadow said:

That is a good idea, but we have multiple devs and once they figure out the problem there they could already be ready to push out a new map.

We have two devs.. who are busy with IRL jobs and IRL things. We have a contributor trying to fix the server..  Let's fix current before trying for a new map.. that way when new issues arise, they are not trying to implement new over fixing current.

Mank, xlOutsiderlx and Nikola Tesla like this
Just now, JaxxonMurphy said:

We have two devs.. who are busy with IRL jobs and IRL things. We have a contributor trying to fix the server..  Let's fix current before trying for a new map.. that way when new issues arise, they are not trying to implement new over fixing current.

Not saying it is #1 priority on the order of operations, I just think it should happen some time.

xlOutsiderlx likes this
Just now, The Official Shadow said:

Not saying it is #1 priority on the order of operations, I just think it should happen some time.

The last few times it happened the new server was popular for a week or so and then became an RDM fest in George Town, where people would only go to make huge amounts of money. That will not help the community, what will is stability and features.

Just now, Mank said:

The last few times it happened the new server was popular for a week or so and then became an RDM fest in George Town, where people would only go to make huge amounts of money. That will not help the community, what will is stability and features.

First of all, if you are referring to Tanoa which you are, It was only popular for a week because olympus Tanoa was more popular, now everyone that likes Tanoa would play asylums Tanoa. Second, for everyone that does not like altis, playing altis life is a complete deal breaker. 

1 minute ago, The Official Shadow said:

First of all, if you are referring to Tanoa which you are, It was only popular for a week because olympus Tanoa was more popular, now everyone that likes Tanoa would play asylums Tanoa. Second, for everyone that does not like altis, playing altis life is a complete deal breaker. 

So, they should not worry about fixing the community who have spent hundreds and in some cases thousands of hours in the game and instead cater to a new group of people?

Just now, Mank said:

So, they should not worry about fixing the community who have spent hundreds and in some cases thousands of hours in the game and instead cater to a new group of people?

You need glasses. The number one thing should be fixing the servers. The number 2 thing, however, should be ensuring the community does not die. The best way to do that is to bring in a mass amount of people. The best way to do that is a new map. I am only a member of asylum because of Tanoa life. I came to altis hesitantly when Tanoa started dieing off and had to get used to Altis because I thought it was too big. 

xlOutsiderlx likes this

Tanoa - Not gonna happen again

Malden - Too small and Bamf already said that it wont happen when the map came out

Stratis -Not gonna happen again

Any other server will just be another Tanoa 2.0.In simple words another way of making easy money and money making only.The player base is already low no need to divide it for another server

Mank likes this
18 hours ago, The Official Shadow said:

I don't care if it is Stratis, Tanoa, Malden, or workshop garbage. We need something new and exciting to help asylum's population, and because Altis gets boring. They already have the mission files and it would not be hard. Come on, lets get a new map. 

TONOA +1

18 hours ago, Zoex said:

Lets get the servers stable at first...

I completely and 100% agree.

18 hours ago, Mank said:

Thousands of hours? How about that and over a hundred dollars donated too.

18 hours ago, Mank said:

1st, they are making money because ONLY CONSTABLES+ could be on Tanoa. 2nd, its the cops fault that they didn't patrol Tanoa. 3rd, a gang won and drove out all competition and cops. POINT BLANK PERIOD.(The ran HEMTTs full of Cocaine all the time and killed anyone they found running ANYTHING.) 3rd, it was a versatile map that actually made boats USEFUL. 4th, fighting was 10 times more fun but everybody wanted to play just on Altis because not everybody could afford Apex. 5th, Georgetown is the new Kavala.... So RDM WILL BE A SHITFEST. Also Georgetown is the biggest town and what most people are familiar with. Do you know what the other town names are? 6th, admins didn't want to admit that actually a successful gang fucked up that server and owned it. Honestly, they should give that gang some benefits for OWNING that server. Also, maybe just maybe they should let cadets go on Tanoa.

18 hours ago, william said:

I've been here 3 and a half years, I'm still not bored. You're experience here is only as good as the effort you put in.

18 hours ago, Silver-Spy said:

Tanoa - Not gonna happen again

Malden - Too small and Bamf already said that it wont happen when the map came out

Stratis -Not gonna happen again

Any other server will just be another Tanoa 2.0.In simple words another way of making easy money and money making only.The player base is already low no need to divide it for another server

It was a money making machine because a gang OWNED that server. But nobody wants to admit that they got fukt. So, admins just blame MONEY MAKING!!! Yeah, no.....

BTW, I have played a life server that went to Tanoa from Altis and that server not only boomed but it became successful quicker than Asylum Admins banning rdmers.

Edited by xlOutsiderlx
Because I shit on FSA ;)
14 minutes ago, xlOutsiderlx said:

BTW, I have played a life server that went to Tanoa from Altis and that server not only boomed but it became successful quicker than Asylum Admins banning rdmers.

What difference would a cadet with a protector make against a halfway decent rebel with a 7.62 in the jungle?

My point is simple, we shouldn't worry about adding a new server to attract people when we should be worrying about the community we have and fixing the stability issues.

(I loved Tanoa btw - I was on it nearly every day for hours)

xlOutsiderlx likes this
1 minute ago, Mank said:

What difference would a cadet with a protector make against a halfway decent rebel with a 7.62 in the jungle?

My point is simple, we shouldn't worry about adding a new server to attract people when we should be worrying about the community we have and fixing the stability issues.

(I loved Tanoa btw - I was on it nearly every day for hours)

If you seen the other comment, I 100% agree we need to fix the stability issue. However, have you fought in the jungle? That protector will do work. In fact I covered a cadet last night while he drove over the bridge to Jail during a Jail Break on a FUCKING ATV and then he downed the FSA member with a FUCKING PROTECTOR(or maybe it was a SPAR-16, but I doubt it) and then drove back as I covered him still with the guy on the back of the FUCKING ATV. You team up with cadets and the enemy will be so salty because they know they just got FUKT! lol. But still, why not? Why not train cadets on Tanoa? More officers the merrier. Cops never went to Tanoa because the gang fukt em everytime... Sounds like the APD just won't admit that they just got shitted on and complained about it and how many cops are friends with admins? Yep...

Mank likes this

I fought in the jungle a lot, it was the easiest way to escape from bounty hunters and the cops especially at night. My point about the protector was in the dense jungle by coke processing where you would sometimes get into firefights 200-300 meters away. The protector's drop sucked as compared to someone with spar-17(the best gun, idc what anyone says) or an equivalent.

There was a decent amount of cops on and patrolling but they were either on undercover (I am guilty of this) or warrant and going after one of the higher end bounties. Again, I LOVED Tanoa but given the current state of the servers, we need to focus on the community that we have left. Once everything gets ironed out and some new features gets added for everyone I would love to see a return but sadly I doubt that it will. RIP Tanoa, you lovely bastard. <3

xlOutsiderlx likes this
18 hours ago, Manolo said:

Thanks to all the retards that made 1 huge gang on Tanoa so they can exploit its riches....

Now its fucking shutdown thanks to those retards....

Imagine how full Tanoa would be right now!!!

It would of closed anyways.

• 5 weeks later...

I would love to see tanoa return, it was a beautiful map and has great atmosphere. Unfortunately its proven to have died more than altis servers. This was when population was still stronger than what it is now. Time takes all things, Asylum and Arma in general isn't what it used to be. I'd rather something happened that brought population up and kept the servers full more often before seeing another server open up.