Change log 8.1.7

bamf

11 hours ago, MagicSpoon said:

@Poseidon server 1 crashed for well over an hour tonight going on for 2 hours :(

make it 3 hours :(

It gotta be some bad service provider that hosts the server? 

Cause u wont get red chained and kicked anymore, it lags constantly for 30 mins or more then its playable for a second and continues

1 hour ago, Danne said:

It gotta be some bad service provider that hosts the server? 

Cause u wont get red chained and kicked anymore, it lags constantly for 30 mins or more then its playable for a second and continues

Asylum did change its hosts a couple years ago. I've heard speculations that Paratus struck a deal with the current hosting company that if he hosts his identity servers with them he will get a better deal or something along those lines. I was inactive at the time of the switch so I can't speak for the huge difference in performance immediately after the host change. Though many people tell me the difference was night and day.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:31 PM, csharp said:

im guessing there is a massive player count drop during school season?

As Twinkie said there is a player count drop, though last year I feel like the player count dropped so much because of the server performance at the time. It was 1 thing to deal with the mass kicks when you have hours of free time everyday but another thing when you go to school full time and it is unplayable when you can play.

So I made this while messing around, note that no one asked me to make it so don't worry about it being implemented. What do you guys think of this? Do you prefer being able to DPI glitch or do you think this would be a good addition? Basically if you spam your mouse around fast and long enough you trip over yourself and go limp for a brief time.

csharp, TMACWILLIS, Danne and 25 others like this
34 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

So I made this while messing around, note that no one asked me to make it so don't worry about it being implemented. What do you guys think of this? Do you prefer being able to DPI glitch or do you think this would be a good addition? Basically if you spam your mouse around fast and long enough you trip over yourself and go limp for a brief time.

that would be amazing 

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I play on a super high DPI would this effect it i don't look around in circles but my DPI it is still up there 

Just now, KIIAK said:

I play on a super high DPI would this effect it i don't look around in circles but my DPI it is still up there 

Most likely not, it detects the amount of total rotation your character experiences during a short period of time. If rotation total is over the threshold you get a point, if its significantly over that threshold you get more points more quickly. Points expire after a few seconds and you only fall over if you get too many. If there are false positives the threshold could get adjusted. I had my DPI on 10000 for that video.

DeepHouse and Danne like this
Just now, Poseidon said:

Most likely not, it detects the amount of total rotation your character experiences during a short period of time. If rotation total is over the threshold you get a point, if its significantly over that threshold you get more points more quickly. Points expire after a few seconds and you only fall over if you get too many. If there are false positives the threshold could get adjusted. I had my DPI on 10000 for that video.

Ok thats dope thanks for helping out the community with shit like this 

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

+1

11 hours ago, Poseidon said:

@Zaka

McMuffin and Innate like this
11 hours ago, Poseidon said:

@Lucky Uh oh your done kid

Lucky and massi like this
15 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I imagine this is all client side. Would it cause any issues with performance accompanied with everything else?

SharingWriter likes this
17 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Pls add this i think i could launch myself or make some funny shit happen put it in pls

Fried Rice and ItsLego like this
Just now, Azeh said:

FELL ASLEEP, HERE

- Cleanup changes, empty groups get cleaned up frequently
    - Dropped items/dead bodies get cleaned up more frequently.
    - Cleanup of more things.
    - More performance logging for debug purposes
    - Changed the system for dropped items.
    - Cartel system adjusted so all players who are there when it gets capped receive the war points
    - Lighthouse is no longer godmode
    - Fixed ladders at various locations like side of bank.
    - All DP missions should now work properly.
    - Issue with people going invisible on chairs should be fixed

azeh for dev 2018

Just now, Azeh said:

FELL ASLEEP, HERE

- Cleanup changes, empty groups get cleaned up frequently
    - Dropped items/dead bodies get cleaned up more frequently.
    - Cleanup of more things.
    - More performance logging for debug purposes
    - Changed the system for dropped items.
    - Cartel system adjusted so all players who are there when it gets capped receive the war points
    - Lighthouse is no longer godmode
    - Fixed ladders at various locations like side of bank.
    - All DP missions should now work properly.
    - Issue with people going invisible on chairs should be fixed

Thats it :FeelsBadMan: