Change Log 6.6.5

Paratus

51 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Still nothing to make gangs want to fight eachother... smh and people say he's listening to his community, honestly like people have been complaining about gangs not fighting and other shit involving gangs and you add a cell phone in game (pointless things like that) I don't think fighting direct chatting, glitching cops all day is fun anymore... 

*Here come the butthurt career cops*

48 minutes ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

how about

we just get some damn reasons to go hold the fucking cartels

so that people start fighting

to hold these fucking cartels

because holding them does something for them

and then by fighting

they spend money

the money that they make

from holding the fucking cartels

and the fucking cartels that they are fighting

someone else wants

because there would be a fucking reason

to hold the fucking cartels

so then another fucking group comes

because they want the fucking cartel

they want to hold the fucking cartel

because they get something from it

and then another one

and another one

and fucking bank money has been spent at rebels

to go to fight

to hold the fucking cartels

gg.

hopefully this is ArmaCartelLife Mod Server

agreed 

Or gangs could just fight each other and stop bitching out of the fights when others come on?  If you really want to fight like you keep saying you do then fucking fight, there is not a single game mechanic stopping you from doing that.   If 50% off of OP 7.62s is not a good enough reason to hold a dam cartel and some turfs I don't know what is.

pete and DarkKnight like this
6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Identity is a entirely different game built on and entirely different game engine.  Has nothing to do with Arma at all.

Not what I meant

In the past they've said that the possibility of a modded server is slim because of Identity, just wondering how Paratus will balance between Asylum, Identity and the modded server when essentially Identity is his own 'modded server' you could say.

Edited by john_gotti
35 minutes ago, Haych said:

Modded will be fun, for what a week? maybe two. This is a temporary solution for a failing community, not a permanent one.

>still plays asylum and browses the forums daily.

>Servers get 90-100 people late EU, early NA times.

>somehow a failing community.

No.

Green chat works by the way guys.

1 hour ago, john_gotti said:

Not what I meant

In the past they've said that the possibility of a modded server is slim because of Identity, just wondering how Paratus will balance between Asylum, Identity and the modded server when essentially Identity is his own 'modded server' you could say.

As of right now the mod's Paratus would use are other people's mods found on the steam workshop. So really the only thing Paratus would need to do is to limit what is accessible from the mod on the servers and what is off limits (Tanks, Rocket Launchers, etc).

7 hours ago, Bikstok said:

A little worried about the possibility of a modded server. Please don't turn this into CG!

I'm not sure how it could become like CG. We aren't changing our rules for this server. Most of these modded servers have problems because their staff don't really understand game mechanics. They want things to be too realistic. Doesn't make sense to punish someone by putting a user in prison for 8 hours for playing the game the way it is meant to be played.

6 hours ago, john_gotti said:

I'm excited about the news. but wasn't Identity supposed to be a 'modded' server essentially?

Identity is a standalone game built on Unreal Engine 4! It is our attempt at giving life mods, which have existed throughout gaming wherever modding has been possible over the years, its own genre.

3 hours ago, Haych said:

Modded will be fun, for what a week? maybe two. This is a temporary solution for a failing community, not a permanent one.

People have been saying Asylum has been dying since the first month. Still here and still the top Life server in NA, and definitely the longest standing Life server in ArmA 3. We might have been the top server in ArmA at one point, but the landscape changed as we've always expected. 

Dextrix, john_gotti and Bikstok like this
4 hours ago, Haych said:

Using new weapons, vehicles and outfits will probably keep me from playing on the vanilla servers for quite some time.  I really don't see much of a reason to play a vanilla server compared to a modded server, there's just so much more possibilities and content.  This is something that me and a lot of other people were wanting for a long time now.

6 hours ago, HotWings said:

Or gangs could just fight each other and stop bitching out of the fights when others come on?  If you really want to fight like you keep saying you do then fucking fight, there is not a single game mechanic stopping you from doing that.   If 50% off of OP 7.62s is not a good enough reason to hold a dam cartel and some turfs I don't know what is.

The cost of gearing up far outweighs the benefits of fighting...GOD Dude play the game before you run your mouth.

Jonah and Steve like this
1 hour ago, Motown said:

I'm not sure how it could become like CG. We aren't changing our rules for this server. Most of these modded servers have problems because their staff don't really understand game mechanics. They want things to be too realistic. Doesn't make sense to punish someone by putting a user in prison for 8 hours for playing the game the way it is meant to be played.

Identity is a standalone game built on Unreal Engine 4! It is our attempt at giving life mods, which have existed throughout gaming wherever modding has been possible over the years, its own genre.

People have been saying Asylum has been dying since the first month. Still here and still the top Life server in NA, and definitely the longest standing Life server in ArmA 3. We might have been the top server in ArmA at one point, but the landscape changed as we've always expected. 

I mean but compare loyal players to random players who take up slots simply because arma Is a bit more popular and has more players.. (who btw go to KOTH now and CG instead of Asylum) quality > quanity

Edited by Kryptonn
5 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

>still plays asylum and browses the forums daily.

>Servers get 90-100 people late EU, early NA times.

>somehow a failing community.

No.

Green chat works by the way guys.

Look how cancerous and literally autistic the newer members of this community are compared to when It was the golden age

1 hour ago, HapHazard said:

but dude, only L9G9NDS can peak shoot

While I wouldn't mind a 1st person only server, it is kinda bleh at times for big open world games.  Honestly I would love the removal of the 3rd person cross hair.  Make it harder to line up shots and peak shoot and make it so people aren't 3rd person spraying down from 100m out.

Would bring more 1st person combat without some of the more annoying limiting factors.

9 hours ago, Ranger said:

While I wouldn't mind a 1st person only server, it is kinda bleh at times for big open world games.  Honestly I would love the removal of the 3rd person cross hair.  Make it harder to line up shots and peak shoot and make it so people aren't 3rd person spraying down from 100m out.

Would bring more 1st person combat without some of the more annoying limiting factors.

3000 of my hours on Arma consisted on playing on a Life server with no crosshairs. Fast peaking becomes literally so hard its unreal making it not even worth playing the towers. It has its benefits and disadvantages. I can see it making attacking so much easier which may appeal to the admins.

rngr and Olivia like this