fixing the servers

Just now, Curtis1 said:

i feel like asylum as a whole is just slowly fading away because of these massive server issues i suggest somthing be done to them and stop the hackers. and on top of all this fix the servers

Lmao this is what everyone's been saying for the past year or more. Nothing new, never get's fixed. Or at least something gets fixed and something else "breaks"

Donald likes this
31 minutes ago, Curtis1 said:

you make jokes about it, so fix it then

Bro I don't know if you follow the forums that much, but they have hired 2 different devs in the past year to fix it and they can't. In both cases the server performance was improved but never brought up to par with other servers. Whatever is wrong with Asylum is either inaccessible by those devs (bamf doesn't like people having the ability to change certain things) or its such a small line of code in the mission that has been some how overlooked. The third and more unlikely cause is that it's the servers hardware. Some people speculate that Paratus struck a deal with the server hosting company to host his identity servers in large numbers if they host his asylum servers now. Perhaps it's just a shitty host but again, very unlikely. It's more probable that it's on Asylum's end within the mission or this configuration file bamf has a massive hard on for as of late.

Edited by Steve
Huan Lee and HotWings like this
1 hour ago, Curtis1 said:

if games die and servers die why is olympussie do so much better than this server

If a game is dying people will flock to the stable servers remaining.  Its not a conspiracy that Arma has lost a huge chunk of its player base, you can look up those numbers.  Servers started taking a shit when Paratus left and new coders started working on things. I believe Steve is correct, there is some insignificant line of code fucking everything over.

3 hours ago, Curtis1 said:

if games die and servers die why is olympussie do so much better than this server

Pretty much the alternative to asylum and doesn't have servers taking shits regularly as well as they actually have developers working on the servers? I mean they have a ton of Devs whilst asylum has like 1 actual dev.