Change log 8.2.1

bamf

On 10/20/2018 at 10:33 PM, Blake Suley said:

Maybe 100 people is too high of a goal, maybe 75 is more achievable 

Last night server 2 capped out at 100 players, and managed to not crash till late in the restart period. I've seen the general server population increasing so I think server 3 will be up more often as time goes on.

Just give it time. :)

Edited by justi
Blake. and Samperino like this
3 hours ago, justi said:

Last night server 2 capped out at 100 players, and managed to not crash till late in the restart period. I've seen the general server population increasing so I think server 3 will be up more often as time goes on.

Just give it time. :)

The current problem with server 3 is that it comes up too early in the day when ppl are at work/school and server 3 only comes up for one restart.

these changes are a step in the right direction, and I think you guys should continue to listen to the community. obviously we cant have everything we want, so why not hold more votes like the ones @TryHardSqueaker did, maybe once a week or once a month. Get someone to be dedicated to combing through the results and figuring out what the people want. asylum is dying and no one wants to see it go. 

personally I think it needs to be more welcoming to new players, in teaching them how to actually play the game, and what they can do, and possibly expanding upon legal, safer ways to make money. a lot of people join the server, hang around in kavala, die a few times, then leave. i think it just needs to be more welcoming, and we can all agree kavala is just a shitshow 24/7.

EDIT: While gang's and rebel life is a big part of the game, the community as a whole won't grow unless it's more welcoming to new people. maybe a few little tutorial entries in the map, maybe a guy you can ask FAQs to in the town squares.

also I believe redesigning the UI to make it more intuitive, and easier to use. I think it is fine now, but looking at it through a new players eyes, it's all sort of spread out and there are a lot of things that they most likely won't figure out until they've been playing a while, or someone shows them.

overall, I believe the goal should be to grow, get more people playing, and get more people coming back. OG players will come back if the servers have life again.

@bamf

@Gnashes

Edited by Pwnsome
cHIP oTLE, Donald, Legit and 6 others like this
10 hours ago, Pwnsome said:

these changes are a step in the right direction, and I think you guys should continue to listen to the community. obviously we cant have everything we want, so why not hold more votes like the ones @TryHardSqueaker did, maybe once a week or once a month. Get someone to be dedicated to combing through the results and figuring out what the people want. asylum is dying and no one wants to see it go. 

personally I think it needs to be more welcoming to new players, in teaching them how to actually play the game, and what they can do, and possibly expanding upon legal, safer ways to make money. a lot of people join the server, hang around in kavala, die a few times, then leave. i think it just needs to be more welcoming, and we can all agree kavala is just a shitshow 24/7.

EDIT: While gang's and rebel life is a big part of the game, the community as a whole won't grow unless it's more welcoming to new people. maybe a few little tutorial entries in the map, maybe a guy you can ask FAQs to in the town squares.

also I believe redesigning the UI to make it more intuitive, and easier to use. I think it is fine now, but looking at it through a new players eyes, it's all sort of spread out and there are a lot of things that they most likely won't figure out until they've been playing a while, or someone shows them.

overall, I believe the goal should be to grow, get more people playing, and get more people coming back. OG players will come back if the servers have life again.

@bamf

@Gnashes

+1

35 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

According to gametracker in the past 30 days no Asylum servers reached 100 players. However around 6 days ago Server 2 got real close, upper 90s.

DEBUNKED

Its 100 players across ALL severs so if there is 50 on 2 and 50 on 1 server 3 will open up, go back to Kavala where your low level IQ isn't roasted. 

Edited by Chow Mein
Russell*, Space, HomeTrlx and 6 others like this
3 hours ago, Bcrichjosh said:

107 people on and no s3 what gives?

Bamfs already said this somewhere but I'll say it again. Server 3 doesn't come up because there's 100, people online it stays up because there are 100 people online. So say if server 3 comes on a 4 pm and the overall player base drops below 100 the server will go down but if it stays above 100 it will stay up.

Bamfs already said this somewhere but I'll say it again: Server 3 doesn't come up because there's 100 people online.
It stays up because there are 100 people online. So say if server 3 comes on a 4 pm and the overall player base drops below 100 the server will go down. 
If it stays above 100 it will stay up.

59 minutes ago, Randy. said:

I thought gov was fixed, new people have been getting elected

Governor has been broken for almost half a year now. I been Governor and switches between me and Farmer Steve every week. I miss the thrill of people voting and it meaning something when I'm under the name Leonidas as Gov. Then there is Steve. We should know by now what he does when hes Gov. Asylum Dev(s) and Admins are lucky they didn't have randoms that would max taxes and screw everyone while it is currently broken. Steve and I been pretty fair on taxes 0% sales and only 10% on gas but imagine if it was stuck between two greedy shit heads that don't give a rats ass of the people and just max taxes and just stay hidden from view with a named changed. Just get it fix already. Thank you. -Governor Leonidas

Edited by SpartanOfHope
Editing
Russell* and Walt like this