Change log 8.2.1

bamf

3 hours ago, SpartanOfHope said:

Governor has been broken for almost half a year now. I been Governor and switches between me and Farmer Steve every week. I miss the thrill of people voting and it meaning something when I'm under the name Leonidas as Gov. Then there is Steve. We should know by now what he does when hes Gov. Asylum Dev(s) and Admins are lucky they didn't have randoms that would max taxes and screw everyone while it is currently broken. Steve and I been pretty fair on taxes 0% sales and only 10% on gas but imagine if it was stuck between two greedy shit heads that don't give a rats ass of the people and just max taxes and just stay hidden from view with a named changed. Just get it fix already. Thank you. -Governor Leonidas

blah blah blah blah

12 hours ago, SpartanOfHope said:

Governor has been broken for almost half a year now. I been Governor and switches between me and Farmer Steve every week. I miss the thrill of people voting and it meaning something when I'm under the name Leonidas as Gov. Then there is Steve. We should know by now what he does when hes Gov. Asylum Dev(s) and Admins are lucky they didn't have randoms that would max taxes and screw everyone while it is currently broken. Steve and I been pretty fair on taxes 0% sales and only 10% on gas but imagine if it was stuck between two greedy shit heads that don't give a rats ass of the people and just max taxes and just stay hidden from view with a named changed. Just get it fix already. Thank you. -Governor Leonidas

#NotMyGovernor

Bag Of Funyuns likes this

I saw people talking about governor in this thread.  It was the first I'd heard about it, so I took a look this AM.  I see there is a problem, and have manually fixed some things in the DB related to governor.  If you want to run, you should make sure you are on the ballot.  You should also vote as well if you haven't done so in the last 2 days or so.  

This is for all 3 servers btw...

Edit:  Also, just found the actual bug.  It will be fixed in the next hotfix.  20% taxes for all!!!

This is awesome thanks again @bamf  And i never been inside the jury thingy haha just heard so much about it.

P.S. Is there a way to have your Prestige "Show earned in Chat Box?" Like Infamy does?

Edited by Russell*
@
2 hours ago, bamf said:

I saw people talking about governor in this thread.  It was the first I'd heard about it, so I took a look this AM.  I see there is a problem, and have manually fixed some things in the DB related to governor.  If you want to run, you should make sure you are on the ballot.  You should also vote as well if you haven't done so in the last 2 days or so.  

This is for all 3 servers btw...

Edit:  Also, just found the actual bug.  It will be fixed in the next hotfix.  20% taxes for all!!!

Thank you, was tired of that steve guy thinking he runs the place.

Russell* likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Food, conference call, and then we will see.  Might be able to find it today. What dies it do or not do. Any message you can remember that I can look at?

If you request trial, it just gives the five minutes and then says trial request denied.

The normal Altis vs. ______ popup will show for civs when a trial is requested, but when you go to the courthouse, you get no option to register for jury duty.  (since no one can register, the inmate gets the trial request denied)

Masonn and Batcan like this
On 10/25/2018 at 11:48 AM, Pwnsome said:

personally I think it needs to be more welcoming to new players, in teaching them how to actually play the game, and what they can do, and possibly expanding upon legal, safer ways to make money. a lot of people join the server, hang around in kavala, die a few times, then leave. i think it just needs to be more welcoming, and we can all agree kavala is just a shitshow 24/7.

EDIT: While gang's and rebel life is a big part of the game, the community as a whole won't grow unless it's more welcoming to new people. maybe a few little tutorial entries in the map, maybe a guy you can ask FAQs to in the town squares.

also I believe redesigning the UI to make it more intuitive, and easier to use. I think it is fine now, but looking at it through a new players eyes, it's all sort of spread out and there are a lot of things that they most likely won't figure out until they've been playing a while, or someone shows them.

Pwnsome likes this