Identity review (ouch)

I really really wanted this game to be good where do i start

Got into making my char after an absurd amount of time took like 5 mins to design my char with the limited options there then i went to put in my name and miss typed it so pressed backspace to have everything reset, though fuck it just spam a name in and go Crashed...  Refund request sent in.

I know the game is alpha and what not but after 4 years you would assume that pressing backspace when making a mistake in your name wouldn't reset you whole char progress i think waffle said it best and thats sad :(

8 hours ago, Tyler said:

Ahh gotcha yeah hes a chill dude used to do a lot of modded mine craft and i think he plays with Lirik sometimes (not 100% on that though)

he doesnt do minecraft anymore. he does like scifi game stuff. like KSP and other things. Also solves rubiks cubes for like 2 hours straight sometimes. but yea, plays with lirik like 3 times a week. sometimes more.

Fried Rice likes this
23 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Imma be honest, someone falling thru the map is not something I would even be posting as being an issue. Its a very common issue in a ton of games.... 

Obviously they are 2 entirely different games but lets consider something here. PUBG had quite a bit of doubt as it was getting closer to release and while it was buggy it was far more playable then Identitys town square module, and lets remember how that is meant to be a very small sliver of the full game. Also consider how long it took to develop that and how much content it brings. I know people are saying a lot of the same stuff I am in different words or in bits and pieces, I just think it's ridiculous that it is only this far along and it's more unplayable then it is even playable. Not even talking about the game crashes because I see that with nearly every game when it first comes out. Im talking about the elevators not working, people getting stuck in what appears to be nothing, and the jumping and running animations still look like dog shit. I said in a previous post that I feel like those are a core functional mechanic that you have to look at basically the whole time you are playing, I think it's ridiculous that even those are not the way they should be. By the looks of it considering what is released now and that they have 2 other modules to push out the odds of anyone playing a fully released game (and I don't mean finished just the game it self actually being launched) won't happen for another 7+ years unless he pulls another few million dollars out of his ass and gets other developers to help him. The money isn't going to come from the purchases on steam neither because clearly the reviews are not in favor of the game.

Edited by Steve
21 minutes ago, Steve said:

Obviously they are 2 entirely different games but lets consider something here. PUBG had quite a bit of doubt as it was getting closer to release and while it was buggy it was far more playable then Identitys town square module, and lets remember how that is meant to be a very small sliver of the full game. Also consider how long it took to develop that and how much content it brings. I know people are saying a lot of the same stuff I am in different words or in bits and pieces, I just think it's ridiculous that it is only this far along and it's more unplayable then it is even playable. Not even talking about the game crashes because I see that with nearly every game when it first comes out. Im talking about the elevators not working, people getting stuck in what appears to be nothing, and the jumping and running animations still look like dog shit. I said in a previous post that I feel like those are a core functional mechanic that you have to look at basically the whole time you are playing, I think it's ridiculous that even those are not the way they should be. By the looks of it considering what is released now and that they have 2 other modules to push out the odds of anyone playing a fully released game (and I don't mean finished just the game it self actually being launched) won't happen for another 7+ years unless he pulls another few million dollars out of his ass and gets other developers to help him. The money isn't going to come from the purchases on steam neither because clearly the reviews are not in favor of the game.

Did people really expect a closed alpha to be perfect?  I get that everyone here absolutely hates Asylum and sticks around just to be assholes, but UI bugs, collision issues, falling thru the map, there are all very common issues you see in the initial release of a game.  Alot of shit comes to the front when its more than 5 devs in the game working on something.  I personally expected issues, and Im sure others did as well, they just like to be assholes about everything. :shrug:

21 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Did people really expect a closed alpha to be perfect?  I get that everyone here absolutely hates Asylum and sticks around just to be assholes, but UI bugs, collision issues, falling thru the map, there are all very common issues you see in the initial release of a game.  Alot of shit comes to the front when its more than 5 devs in the game working on something.  I personally expected issues, and Im sure others did as well, they just like to be assholes about everything. :shrug:

If they have any hope of finishing this before people have moved on and games using the same general concept or idea come out that are better they have to get their shit together pretty soon.

Edited by Steve
HotWings likes this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Imma be honest, someone falling thru the map is not something I would even be posting as being an issue. Its a very common issue in a ton of games.... 

Very true but still, asylum in its current state is more stable. I get its an early release but cmon no need to rush

Edited by BioHazard