Thanks for everything

bamf

50 minutes ago, bamf said:

Almost 5 years ago I purchased Arma 3 at the urging of a friend to play something called Altis Life.  My friend said I had to play on a server called the Asylum - so I bought the game on steam and we all got on S1.  That night I ended up with a Katiba trying to rob people processing cocaine.  I ended up getting killed by a guy named DanteSleepy, but I was hooked.  

Through the months that followed I ended up in a little gang named Innovative, then as an Admin, a Captain in the APD, Community Manager, Developer, and finally an owner of the community.  I've enjoyed the years here, but it is finally time for me to move on.  No doubt you've seen the news already that @BaDaBiNg_10-8 and @Clint Beastwood have purchased Gaming Asylum from @Paratus and me.  They have some ideas that I think the community will be happy about, and are bringing in a great developer to help anchor that team in @Jesse.  

I'd like to thank all the admins, mods, developers, contributors, and support people who have helped (and continue to) the community over the years.  Without a dedicated group of people to keep this place running it would no doubt fall apart. 

I'd also like to thank the community for sticking with us through the good times and the bad.  It's not lost on me that three years ago tonight Gnashes and I were finishing trying to get all the data pulled back into the database after we lost the database server.  The community stuck through that with us, and I'm really thankful that you did.  

Thanks for all the memories.

Bamf

o7 <3

KrazyKnight likes this

Bamf....The amount of time and dedication you put into this community is astounding. If anyone deserves to retire, its you. Could always count on you when something needed to happen, whether it was when we were in Innovative, as an admin, a CM or even as the owner.

Admin-wise, when you joined the team, and then introduced us to splunk, that was a gamechanger that not only helped us do our jobs 100x more efficiently. Having been an Admin pre-Splunk, there is not many who understand how much having that improved our lives and jobs.

Thank you for everything you did for this awesome, and "sometimes" ungrateful community. I'm sure you had the urge to just up and leave many times, as most of us have had or done.

o7

Good luck with your future endeavors and farewell. Despite all the strife and hard times that have befallen on this community, you've stuck it out and gave it your all. While I've moved away from this community, this was, and still is a place that I devoted hundreds, almost a thousand hours into. Once again, good luck and goodbye and thank you for everything! <3 

Bitmoji ImageBitmoji Image

Congratulations to @BaDaBiNg_10-8and @Clint Beastwood, good luck with your new community, I can't wait to see what you both bring

Edited by Emma
2 hours ago, bamf said:

I'd also like to thank the community for sticking with us through the good times and the bad.  It's not lost on me that three years ago tonight Gnashes and I were finishing trying to get all the data pulled back into the database after we lost the database server.

Oh god I remember that

Bamf, without you—and the staggering amount of time and energy you've expended on this community—Asylum would not have survived. It probably would have died within six months of Identity's announcement. People probably aren't fully aware of just how much you've given, sacrificed, and endured over the years, but having seen it up close, I can't thank you enough for all of your Sisyphean toiling on our behalf. You persevered in the face of overwhelming negativity, frustrating internal forces, capricious BIS policies, and so much more, but you always seemed to press on simply because you loved the game. 

You've left an indelible mark on this community and everybody who has been a part of it owes you a debt of gratitude. Thank you for all you've done. All the best.  

@bamf I can’t believe it’s been almost 5 years. Amazing how time flies. Looking back, I believe the first time our paths crossed was when I gave you your APD cadet interview all those years ago. Not surprising you passed with flying colors. We didn’t cross paths again until that summer of 2014 when we both joined the admin team within a week of each other.  

Since then, the amount of time and energy you’ve dedicated to this community is nothing short of astounding. Working your way up the ranks from Cadet to Captain and finally to Chief of Police. From Moderator to Admin to Community Manager to Developer and finally to Owner. If there was a position to be filled anywhere within the community, you done so. I believe it is safe to say, Congratulations! You’ve beaten Asylum!

In all seriousness, working with you for all those years truly was a pleasure. You’ve done more for this community than anyone else! Hands down! If it wasn’t for your implementation of splunk, asylum would of ceased to exist back in December 2015. Through thick and thin, you’ve selflessly looked after the well-being of this community and others within it. 

I also wanted to personally thank you for being a mentor to me when I took over the role of Community Manager from you all those years ago. You were a great mentor are someone who i can truly call a good friend.

Cheers and enjoy the hell out of retirement!

o7

bC420, carlson27, Midamaru and 11 others like this