Thanks for everything

bamf

10 hours ago, bamf said:

Almost 5 years ago I purchased Arma 3 at the urging of a friend to play something called Altis Life.  My friend said I had to play on a server called the Asylum - so I bought the game on steam and we all got on S1.  That night I ended up with a Katiba trying to rob people processing cocaine.  I ended up getting killed by a guy named DanteSleepy, but I was hooked.  

Through the months that followed I ended up in a little gang named Innovative, then as an Admin, a Captain in the APD, Community Manager, Developer, and finally an owner of the community.  I've enjoyed the years here, but it is finally time for me to move on.  No doubt you've seen the news already that @BaDaBiNg_10-8 and @Clint Beastwood have purchased Gaming Asylum from @Paratus and me.  They have some ideas that I think the community will be happy about, and are bringing in a great developer to help anchor that team in @Jesse.  

I'd like to thank all the admins, mods, developers, contributors, and support people who have helped (and continue to) the community over the years.  Without a dedicated group of people to keep this place running it would no doubt fall apart. 

I'd also like to thank the community for sticking with us through the good times and the bad.  It's not lost on me that three years ago tonight Gnashes and I were finishing trying to get all the data pulled back into the database after we lost the database server.  The community stuck through that with us, and I'm really thankful that you did.  

Thanks for all the memories.

Bamf

Do you have any plans now that youre free?

• 1 month later...