Asylum Announcement

17 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Please submit your 100th appeal

I hope this something you guys get better at reflecting upon. Permanent bans should almost never happen. Especially not for "vanilla" offenses such as RDM. Cheating, extreme racism, etc. I can maybe see a permanent ban for. I've ran several successful game communities and even a first time cheating offense was only a month ban. Banning everybody just forces them to go to your competition. Now, that's just about the dumbest thing ever, right? 

My suggestion is to do a clean wipe of the ban list entirely. Some exceptions for players that used scripts to grief the server, etc, but other than that, a clean slate is the best option.

Edited by Snow-
Just now, Snow- said:

I hope this something you guys get better at reflecting upon. Permanent bans should almost never happen. Especially not for "vanilla" offenses such as RDM. Cheating, extreme racism, etc. I can maybe see a permanent ban for. I've ran several successful game communities and even a first time cheating offense was only a month ban. Banning everybody just forces them to go to your competition. Now, that's just about the dumbest thing ever, right? 

My suggestion is to do a clean wipe of the ban list entirely. Some exceptions for players that used scripts to grief the server, etc, but other than that, a clean slate is the best option.

I can assure you almost 95% of PERM bans for CL, VDM, and RDM are used as wake up calls for some people.  Most if not all are overturned.

If they still don't get it after their 4th and 5th bans and a short stint on a PERM ban, then frankly they must be doing something intentional.   

HomeTrlx, Sneaky, Tyler and 2 others like this
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

I can assure you almost 95% of PERM bans for CL, VDM, and RDM are used as wake up calls for some people.  Most if not all are overturned.

If they still don't get it after their 4th and 5th bans and a short stint on a PERM ban, then frankly they must be doing something intentional.   

I am sure 99% of the offenses are intentional. In my opinion none of it is worth a permanent ban. It would be better if instead of punishing players for VDM / RDM, some more organic consequences were implemented.

For example, if a cop takes your driver's license away, it's basically a meme because you can just buy a new one. Maybe license suspensions would be better, and if your license is suspended (for a time period), you cannot buy or take vehicles out of your garage. Now players are forced to try and steal a vehicle if they want to CDM. So instead of banning someone, three new gameplay paradigms were created. 

Big Fred and WolfLeader like this
On 12/18/2018 at 10:39 PM, 王 rando 王 said:

Since Mitch decided to merge this post to some random thread I'll just post it on his, frackin' nerd.

• Change the Black Market Production closest to Kavala into new Oil Cartel location
    • Currently the two Black Market Productions are fairly close to each other anyways
    • For immersion purposes the industrial complex that the Black Market Production resides in would be a realistic feel for an Oil Cartel
    • Would be some what close to Kavala so if any new players join it wouldn't be too outside their comfort zone to attempt to capture the Oil Cartel, which is known to be the lesser of the cartels
  • Shutdown Server 2 and only use Server 1
    • Increased activity overall
    • Simplifies housing market due to being locked to one server
    • Rids the forums of the multiple gang applications for different servers
  • Wipe servers (Money, Houses, Prestige (Everything))
    • Would allow new players to actually have a chance on Asylum
    • Houses owned by inactive players would actually be obtainable again, at least for a while
    • Increase the price for buying Asylum money, even if frowned upon it's good if your servers' currency is worth more
    • Would force previous and current players to actually start grinding again
  • Whitelist EMT
    • Would allow for higher payouts
    • Elimination of the mass VDM dealt from medics, though not perfect
    • Allows more serious players to pursue the medic faction for persistent entertainment and revenue source
  • Increase maximum housing price
    • As many know there are more than a few houses that people would sell for more than $999,999, increasing the cap would leave the market more open and more houses would be obtainable then before since people used to just hold houses unlisted until they found a buyer for more than $999,999

Constructive criticism, please.

So basically screw the people that have put thousands of hours into grinding this game out to get where we are? Theres a shortage of houses as it is now. Reducing us down to one server would more than double that problem.

Just now, Hoodlum Priest said:

So basically screw the people that have put thousands of hours into grinding this game out to get where we are? Theres a shortage of houses as it is now. Reducing us down to one server would more than double that problem.

i have 6000 hours in the game. and i can tell you no1 is grinding right now. continue the grind by wiping. also just a heads up i dont think houses are getting removed from inactive players anymore. cuz i stopped playing for months and then i rejoined and had all my houses. i think thats reason for house shortage. also i wrote that before i saw that apparently just having new owners that hadvnt changed anything yet actually makes people want to join the same old server. i wrote that original post when there was barely 30 players on during like peak hours.