Server Adjustments : Server 1

7 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Good Morning Asylum,

I had some fun today, anyone else?  100/100 on Server 2 and 86/100 on Server 1 at our peak.  We haven't had those numbers in some time...

We appreciate your efforts in helping us stress test.  We learned an absolute ton during this process, so thanks again to the community for your help.

We have made the same changes to Server 1 that Server 2 had today.  Some of you may have noticed that Server 2, while it still wasn't without its issues, it was rather smooth during game play.  Even when, it would normally kick everyone, it did what it could to sort itself out.  It even was able to recover and hold on during some intense fights.  Still I had to restart the server once (due to MS updates :huh:) but it wasn't due to code.

We went a step further with Server 1 and made some changes that will definitely need further testing.  So, for the rest of the day today we ask that the community fill up Server 1 as much as possible while we test these changes.  

Lets have some fun!

Server 2 even after the updates you made had moments where it was very laggy, but for the most part and during fights held out very well. You're clearly doing something right as the servers are slowly becoming less and less laggy by the updates. 

Also, not sure what this is, but when I seem to play on Asylum my frames are shit high but are very unstable and drop often, normally I would say this is an issue with my PC. However, I have an SSD and a good PC and it doesn't happen on other servers. Is this a server side optimisation issue from the last dev's?

Edited by slater^
2 hours ago, slater^ said:

Server 2 even after the updates you made had moments where it was very laggy, but for the most part and during fights held out very well. You're clearly doing something right as the servers are slowly becoming less and less laggy by the updates. 

Also, not sure what this is, but when I seem to play on Asylum my frames are shit high but are very unstable and drop often, normally I would say this is an issue with my PC. However, I have an SSD and a good PC and it doesn't happen on other servers. Is this a server side optimisation issue from the last dev's?

Regarding frame rate, I am no expert as I don’t Dev like Jesse Henry and Windmere, but I do know that Arma is a CPU intensive game and not as much GPU intensive, while a better GPU always helps, with how the game was made/optimized (poorly because of Bohemia) we are stuck with this issue, I am sure one of the three devs we have can go in more depth if you have more questions

Good Lub and Tyler like this
8 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

Should get rid of hard restarts every restart. Can’t start runs with 45 minutes left or you lose a box truck of stuff.

For now that will stay until @Jesse feels comfortable with the changes.  That's a decision for him to make.  We have to crawl before we can walk.

Well... I finished putting together my new pc last night and my fps was going all over the place and a cop handcuff me and fired shots at me while he was still in his car lol.. Granted it most likely because of something i did wrong or didnt do after i completed my downlaod or updates idk... Cop blamed it on the server having issues... Just a fyi i was only logging in to test my new pc i put together... @Roice might need ur help tonight since i still feel its not running the way its supposed to run.

Roice and Clint Beastwood like this

Only if everyone went to #1 640178176acb004cf1dba835b55d5abc.png :shrug:

Amazing how everyone on the team is working hard to put Asylum back as the top ranking server. Great how you guys update the community so far and I wish everyone the best of luck. I really hope we can make this community great, once again all together! :D 

Edited by NotSoNutty
BaDaBiNg_10-8 and IceVenom like this
28 minutes ago, NotSoNutty said:

Only if everyone went to #1 640178176acb004cf1dba835b55d5abc.png :shrug:

Amazing how everyone on the team is working hard to put Asylum back as the top ranking server. Great how you guys update the community so far and I wish everyone the best of luck. I really hope we can make this community great, once again all together! :D 

Today has been a bit tougher.  S2 is holding together better than S1.  Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Maaqs, WolfLeader, Innate and 4 others like this

The people of server 2 have been holding strong against the evil hand of @Mitch (IFRIT) trying to move us to Server 1. He even ddos'd the server this afternoon (W0QgS4N.png) in a FAILED  attempt to get us to move. We will hold out for as long as it takes to ensure the survivability of Server 2 :Harambe:

I'll be sure to login to server 1 this evening and test it out don't hurt me.

8 minutes ago, Google™ said:

I say we delete the whole Asylum mission file and recode it.

Why recode the whole thing when you can rework, it's trail and test phase right now they are eliminating bit by bit right now of what the core of the issues are. I feel like with Jesse , Windermere and even Henry they will have eliminated and narrowed down to where the issues lie. With coding it's usually best to get fresh eyes on the code as they will usually question e:g why have you done this that way and not that way etc.

Edited by Mason Statham
Just now, Mason Statham said:

Why recode the whole thing when you can rework, it's trail and test phase right now they are eliminating bit by bit right now of what the core of the issues are. I feel like with Jesse , Windermere and even Henry they will have eliminated and narrowed down to where the issues lie. With coding it's usually best to get fresh eyes on the code as they will usually question e:g why have you done this that way and not that way etc.

Which again is why you should recode the whole thing... Fresh Eyes. Since Asylum has used this mission file the actual Altis Life Repository has updated a shit ton. If they recoded it from scratch it would take some time, but they'd know exactly what they did it'll even be the latest version of Altis Life.

7 hours ago, Jake said:

Regarding frame rate, I am no expert as I don’t Dev like Jesse Henry and Windmere, but I do know that Arma is a CPU intensive game and not as much GPU intensive, while a better GPU always helps, with how the game was made/optimized (poorly because of Bohemia) we are stuck with this issue, I am sure one of the three devs we have can go in more depth if you have more questions

My CPU is very strong. ( i7 6700k with an RX480 8GB GPU ), I wondered if it was something to do with the dev side of things as it only happens on Asylum for me :(. 

Again, not that i'm slating the devs at all because they are new and fixing the old mess :).

Tiny Cox likes this
4 minutes ago, slater^ said:

My CPU is very strong. ( i7 6700k with an RX480 8GB GPU ), I wondered if it was something to do with the dev side of things as it only happens on Asylum for me :(. 

Again, not that i'm slating the devs at all because they are new and fixing the old mess :).

I used to have an i7-6700.. I now have an i9-7900x, it improved my gameplay, but still isn't good... the server MAY have something to do with it, but my money is the majority of the issue is how the game is made by Bohemia

Just now, Jake said:

I used to have an i7-6700.. I now have an i9-7900x, it improved my gameplay, but still isn't good... the server MAY have something to do with it, but my money is the majority of the issue is how the game is made by Bohemia

Just now, tongobongo said:

i have an i7 2600 with an RX 270 and i still dog on trashbags

dont max out all of your settings and get rid of gay shit like shadows

Yeah, well as I said it isn't major its just small stutters when playing, my frames are always above 60. I do believe its a server thing but with how well the developers are doing at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed soon.

Jake likes this
On 12/21/2018 at 7:05 PM, slater^ said:

Arma is also very GPU intensive but that is a nice enough video card. One thing that a lot of people miss is the distance settings on your phone because they are separate from the Arma 3 graphics settings, but they have a big impact on performance. For reference, I play at 1080p 144hz with all graphics maxed, but if the server is empty I only get up to around 60-70fps. When the server is full I get more like 18-25 FPS. I have an old i7-4930k with a Geforce 1070 for graphics. 

9 hours ago, pandab34r said:

Arma is also very GPU intensive but that is a nice enough video card. One thing that a lot of people miss is the distance settings on your phone because they are separate from the Arma 3 graphics settings, but they have a big impact on performance. For reference, I play at 1080p 144hz with all graphics maxed, but if the server is empty I only get up to around 60-70fps. When the server is full I get more like 18-25 FPS. I have an old i7-4930k with a Geforce 1070 for graphics. 

500 view distance on phone omegalul

pandab34r likes this