Remove Tapping Cartel

Right now people tap cartel and then immediately leave and the map claims it's contested when it's not because it's at like 97% up for the owning gang. Very frustrating to spend all my free time flying around the map capping back 3% from the cartels to make sure the contest hasn't progressed past 0% and we just can't receive messages about it being capped anymore.

Suggestion: When no one is inside a cartel zone, and the cap >= 50% up for the owning gang, have it tick upwards slowly. Not fast enough to matter during fights that someone leaves the zone, but enough that if more than 20 minutes goes by without a cap the cartel should be considered still under the control of the owning gang on the map. The point here is 'Contested' should mean contested, not "somebody was here for 1 minute 20 minutes ago".

Windmere, Newfie, Sikorsky and 6 others like this
19 hours ago, Tyler said:

Or maybe do how olympus does and make it to where the Cartels benefits stay active until it reaches 0% and the other gang starts their up cap.

99% sure that's how it works now.

The problem isn't that I'm not getting the benefit; the problem is I can't tell that I'm getting the benefit because you only receive notifications that your cartel is being capped when its above 0%. So, if I look at the map and it's contested and I'm not getting notifications then it could be 10 guys almost done capping the cartel for themselves or it could be completely empty and just have been one guy who capped 1% before leaving. This results in me spending a shit load of time flying around in an orca checking contested cartels to check if there's a real fight or not and then having to cap back a couple percent so that I can be certain for next time that someone is taking it.

42 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

99% sure that's how it works now.

The problem isn't that I'm not getting the benefit; the problem is I can't tell that I'm getting the benefit because you only receive notifications that your cartel is being capped when its above 0%. So, if I look at the map and it's contested and I'm not getting notifications then it could be 10 guys almost done capping the cartel for themselves or it could be completely empty and just have been one guy who capped 1% before leaving. This results in me spending a shit load of time flying around in an orca checking contested cartels to check if there's a real fight or not and then having to cap back a couple percent so that I can be certain for next time that someone is taking it.

Once someone taps the cartel you lose all benefits man. Unless they changed it and never said anything about it.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:59 PM, pr0digyt said:

Right now people tap cartel and then immediately leave and the map claims it's contested when it's not because it's at like 97% up for the owning gang. Very frustrating to spend all my free time flying around the map capping back 3% from the cartels to make sure the contest hasn't progressed past 0% and we just can't receive messages about it being capped anymore.

Suggestion: When no one is inside a cartel zone, and the cap >= 50% up for the owning gang, have it tick upwards slowly. Not fast enough to matter during fights that someone leaves the zone, but enough that if more than 20 minutes goes by without a cap the cartel should be considered still under the control of the owning gang on the map. The point here is 'Contested' should mean contested, not "somebody was here for 1 minute 20 minutes ago".

^_^

10 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

Is 10% enough though is the question. Isn't that the equivalent of only 1 minute of cap? (Isn't it 20 minutes for down and then up?)

IIm just spitballing a number there.  I do think there should be a line where it will auto recap tho just to stop the trolls or people logging in and leaving right away.

pr0digyt likes this
15 hours ago, HotWings said:

Honestly, if someone contests it and leaves without capping more than say 10% it should just slowly go back to the owner over time. 

How about it keep going back up slowly, unless you de-cap it completely?

Would that be too much of a benefit toward owner gang in a fight?

It takes 10 minutes to de-cap it 100% from owner gang.

After that it switches to actually start capping for your gang, technically. Which takes another 10 min until it locks up for 45 mins or something in that ball park.

2 hours ago, Big Fred said:

How about it keep going back up slowly, unless you de-cap it completely?

Would that be too much of a benefit toward owner gang in a fight?

It takes 10 minutes to de-cap it 100% from owner gang.

After that it switches to actually start capping for your gang, technically. Which takes another 10 min until it locks up for 45 mins or something in that ball park.

Im not sure I see any benefit towards the owner since it would only work if the cartel is uncontested.