I need your help!

uc.

Here are my specs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB DDR3

GPU: GTX 1060 [6 GB VRAM]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I run almost all games at 60+ FPS on Ultra. However, there are exceptions. ArmA III being one of them when I am in Kavala on Life Servers I drop to about 40-50 FPS. Outside of the city or at fed I will run upwards of 70. Hope this helps. :)

Just now, Tim-I said:

1070 at least

i7 or better

at least 8gb of RAM (I have 16)

1tb Hard Drive and an SSD

If your buying a pre-built here's mine https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-aluminum/5759917.p?skuId=5759917

Ayeee, i had 1070 and i7.

want something better;)

Sliick likes this
19 minutes ago, Tim-I said:

1070 at least

i7 or better

at least 8gb of RAM (I have 16)

1tb Hard Drive and an SSD

If your buying a pre-built here's mine https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-aluminum/5759917.p?skuId=5759917

hp omen is definitely a great pc i have one also

Donald and Sliick like this

Budget? Don't buy prebuilt unless your not confident building a pc. When I say prebuilt I mean HP Dell etc. There is decent pre builts made by computer stores, but buying from the likes of hp and Dell your just overpaying. What kind of experience are you after, 1080p 144hz, 1440p 4k VR? I could build you a good pc on part picker after u give budget and so edit : seen it budgets 2500$ do you need a screen and peripherals?

Edited by Tony.
uc. likes this
Just now, Tony. said:

Budget? Don't buy prebuilt unless your not confident building a pc. When I say prebuilt I mean HP Dell etc. There is decent pre builts made by computer stores, but buying from the likes of up and Dell your just overpaying. What kind of experience are you after, 1080p 144hz, 1440p 4k VR? I could build you a good pc on part picker after u give budget and so on.

I wanna build it myself, been building computers before. I want 1080 atleast, my budget is 2000-2500$. Thanks for the help mate

i need everything including screen etc, i gave my shit to my brother in christmas:)

Edited by UC!

CPU-I7 or higher (possibly a I5)

Graphics car- Id say 1050 TI and above (INCLUDE THE TI ONLY A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT)

8 gigs of ram and least but I recommend 16 gigs

and make sure to build it its wayyyy cheaper and you could just find youtube videos on it. youll probably save around 1k if you build it depending on the price

Building a PC right now, only regret not getting a better GFX.

CPU - i9-9900K
Cpu cooler - EVGA CLC 280
Mobo - Z390 Aorus Elite
GFX - EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
Ram - Ballistix 3000MHZ 2X8GB
PSU(a touch overkill) - EVGA 850W Gold G3+
Storage -
2TB 7200RPM(WD/Seagate, didn't decide yet).
500GB Nvme SSD
Samsung EVO 860 1TB
Case(Didn't decide yet as well) - NZXT H500i / Cougar Panzer

Screen / Peripherals 

Screen - If you're Murican the Dell S2716DG goes on sale for 350$ once in a while, its the best bang for the buck, IPS screen, G-SYNC, 1440P.
look at r/buildapacsales and wait for a deal, pops once a week/two.

Keyboard/Mouse - I'm using the HyperX Alloy Elite Cherry MX-Red, I quite like it. Mouse is the Logitech G502.

This should be lower with your budget(without the screen), I'd upgrade a graphics card to a 2080/Ti, looking back.

uc. likes this
16 minutes ago, Patato said:

For now it is, but with that kind of budget the best thing to go overkill on is the CPU. i personally would go with a 8700k instead

yh I agree,plus there is no monitor or peripherals. 16 gb is more than enough for gaming, psu is good, case is down to personal taste. Also not everyone wants to overclock, so maybe you could change components there and improve components elsewhere. Not sure about paying 800 bucks for a 1080ti either. Whatever you do, don't spend a fortune on rgb crap!

Edited by Tony.
Just now, Tony. said:

yh I agree,plus there is no monitor or peripherals. 16 gb is more than enough for gaming, psu is good, case is down to personal taste. Also not everyone wants to overclock, so maybe you could change components there and improve components elsewhere. Not sure about paying 800 bucks for a 1080ti either. 

Should i get 2080?

gim a bit drunk, cant remember my pw for pc part picker but I came up with this. You could adjust things like case, maybe find better prices else where. also im not sure what fans come with the case and the cpu cooler so keep that in mind. Best band for buck for your money.

58008aca98b1551b00d43ad474f16e5a.png

Edited by Tony.
uc. likes this
Just now, Tony. said:

gim a bit drunk, cant remember my pw for pc part picker but I came up with this. You could adjust things like case, maybe find better prices else where. also im not sure what fans come with the case and the cpu cooler so keep that in mind. Best band for buck for your money.

@Twinkie thoughts?

Just now, UC! said:

@Twinkie thoughts?

few things down to personal preference, maybe there's other monitors that are as good for a little less price, keyboard is personal preference at that price you can pick your type of switch etc. Cant beat Logitech mice, 16gb ddr4 more than enough, speeds don't make a difference for gaming. CPU is overclockable if needed, good cpu cooler, evga power supply's are up there with the best, the computer case is down to your taste as long as it can mount everything you need like cpu cooler etc. Don't waste your money on 5/600 dollar cpu, its really not needed for gaming. This build with some tweaks perhaps will get you gaming at 4k.

uc. and Twinkie like this
Just now, Tony. said:

few things down to personal preference, maybe there's other monitors that are as good for a little less price, keyboard is personal preference at that price you can pick your type of switch etc. Cant beat Logitech mice, 16gb ddr4 more than enough, speeds don't make a difference for gaming. CPU is overclockable if needed, good cpu cooler, evga power supply's are up there with the best, the computer case is down to your taste as long as it can mount everything you need like cpu cooler etc. Don't waste your money on 5/600 dollar cpu, its really not needed for gaming. This build with some tweaks perhaps will get you gaming at 4k.

ibm model m keyboard. pre 1992 tho. if you get one past 1992 its most likely the membrane switch ones. the good stuff is like 80s-1991

56 minutes ago, Tony. said:

39 minutes ago, Tony. said:

• What he said. I've got my own biases for AMD cpus and RTX GPUs, but I see nothing wrong with anything in the system. The only thing I would change would be to just get a 1tb SATA M.2, but then again it's all down to personal stuffs. Just keep in mind if you want a Banger of an RGB system that shit is expensive as all hell, but you get like 15% better shits from it :kermit:
  • Everything is down to personal aka I'd be a meme and go with a i5-8600k and a better mobo OR use that extra 100usd (like 70quid) to get a Cable Mods cable kit because the EVGA power cables are kinda stiff and it feels like you could rip out a connector trying to get tight bends. (I know shipping is hella expensive but that's something I would get). 
  • Also Ryzen 3000 is soonTM so I'd wait to see what they're offering 7nm :3
  • https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/CfY9LJ that's how I'd do it. But note my AMD Bias. But a 144p 165hz monitor so :3

Edited by Twinkie
Sorry for my diarrhea mind shit into words
Tony likes this
12 hours ago, UC! said:

Im buying a new computer, what parts should i buy for it? I want the good stuff hehe

You should check out running 3 screens with Nvidia surround.
You can get some sick FOV in Arma without the dreadful fisheye.
It's pretty cool if you're looking for a new experience.

wlSkAc7.png

Edited by Big Fred
20 minutes ago, UC! said:

NOT BAD, is that about 3k in euro's? You need the dvd writer? A 500gb ssd while great isn't going to be enough, id recommend another drive, maybe 1tb 7200rpm. You could save money on the cpu and get a 8700k but its entirely up to you. That thing has 8 cores 16 threads or something like that, overkill for gaming.

Edited by Tony.
Twinkie and uc. like this