More Ram

william

2 hours ago, william said:

this guy thinks i can walk into a store in the UK and buy some ram? negative sir i have to order online, comes tomorrow

RAM can be really negligible if you already have enough for what you normally do. 90% of nornal people wont ever use more than 8GB of RAM but games like Arma, EFT, etc can use a ton of ram so who knows you may see anywhere from 0-10+ more frames just depends on what game. Also i really hope you ordered the same ram you already had...

EDIT: Clarification on that last statement if you have DDR4 and you buy DDR5 they wont work or if you have 1800mhz and 2100mhz they wont work etc. Tye brand doesnt matter just that they are the same mem type and mhz.

Edited by Tyler
william likes this

I noticed a massive difference when I upgraded tbh, especially since I like to keep a load of stuff open. 

I went from 8gb ddr3 to 16gb ddr4 @ 3200mhz, I've noticed my page file usage has gone down also. Arma tends to use ~10GB, then I easily have room to keep TS, discord, msi afterburner, Spotify, sometimes OBS, and a few chrome tabs open and I can switch between all of them seamlessly, if I tried that with 8gb it would stutter and take a few seconds to load each one from virtual memory. 

RAM is expensive but if you like to use more than a few things at once and you have a CPU to handle the multitasking, it's definitely worth it. 

9 hours ago, Tyler said:

RAM can be really negligible if you already have enough for what you normally do. 90% of nornal people wont ever use more than 8GB of RAM but games like Arma, EFT, etc can use a ton of ram so who knows you may see anywhere from 0-10+ more frames just depends on what game. Also i really hope you ordered the same ram you already had...

EDIT: Clarification on that last statement if you have DDR4 and you buy DDR5 they wont work or if you have 1800mhz and 2100mhz they wont work etc. Tye brand doesnt matter just that they are the same mem type and mhz.

I got the exact same stick 8gb DDR4 2400mhz thanks.

8 hours ago, BioHazard said:

I noticed a massive difference when I upgraded tbh, especially since I like to keep a load of stuff open. 

I went from 8gb ddr3 to 16gb ddr4 @ 3200mhz, I've noticed my page file usage has gone down also. Arma tends to use ~10GB, then I easily have room to keep TS, discord, msi afterburner, Spotify, sometimes OBS, and a few chrome tabs open and I can switch between all of them seamlessly, if I tried that with 8gb it would stutter and take a few seconds to load each one from virtual memory. 

RAM is expensive but if you like to use more than a few things at once and you have a CPU to handle the multitasking, it's definitely worth it. 

I like to keep things open too also found my the ram I use about 40 pounds off so I had to get it ;)

UPDATE: It has arrived and is worth the upgrade, thanks everyone

BioHazard and Tyler like this
On 12/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, william said:

So I just bought another 8GB stick of ram after only playing on 8GB for 4 years just wondering if It will make much (if any) difference.

Make sure they have the same specs. If you install a RAM card with lower specs then the RAM card with Higher Specs will be underclocked to match the worse of the two.

On 28/12/2018 at 7:38 PM, william said:

So I just bought another 8GB stick of ram after only playing on 8GB for 4 years just wondering if It will make much (if any) difference.

U can download the ram here www.downloadram.com will make you a lot better at csgo etc. Also it will give me your IP...ahem