Track IR 5 Review

Not a Block

I've bought a Track IR 5 about a month ago and here's some suggestions for future buyers.

Okay, it is expensive. I payed about $180 for Track IR it self and a Pro clip (recommended). Packaging wasn't so good and pro clip was just a poorly made plastic clip pretty much.

Vehicle :  For driving a car, this is excellent; both first and third person view. It feels more natural than mouse&keyboard. 

For flying a chopper, this is recommended. Specially for hummingbird, with Track IR you can look around in a way that you'll never be able to do with mouse&keyboard (first person point of view) Also on tight turns, camera doesn't flip around so it's easier to keep your eyes on the target.

For sailing a ship, it's better off not using it.

Combat : it's a bi**ch.

Overall, I wouldn't say it's really worth it. If you REALLY love driving/flying in person, go for it but if not I wouldn't really recommend 

Good review.

My take on TrackIR:

• For Heli pilots; TrackIR is a godsend, since you can't freelook same time as you're piloting (unless you're from Pripyat and have grown 3 arms).
  • For driving cars and spotting in 3rd person; it's actually more efficient to double tap ALT and use the mouse when you get in and out of the car. Better precision and smoother lookaround. 
  • For infantry movement and combat; It's aids.Especially when spotting in 3rd person.

Is it worth $180? 

• If you're a pilot: Yes!
  • If you're a 1st person milsim nerd: Yes!
  • If you're just driving cars around the island like a regular Joe and participate in Infantry pew pew: No.

Would I recommend TrackIR:

• Yes, but only really to Pilots; to which it's very useful. Basically a third arm.

7987950.jpg