Voting/Polling For Updates/Policy Changes

Opinion?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a system like this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstain

Please Note: This is in no way to step on any feet, I respect all staff for the work they do. If this post offends you I sincerely apologize.

Currently as it sits I feel as if the playerbase of this large community doesn't have as big of a voice as it should, and sometimes the way people express their opinions can be disrespectful to the people that invested a lot of time and effort into an update. If you worked for hours on an update just to be insulted you probably wouldn't want to listen to any ideas that user had. The staff put a lot of their personal time into updates that they really don't need to do.  

I see a lot of good suggestions go unnoticed, or not even posted because people think their one suggestion isn't worth bringing up because the chances of it being added are so low.                 So my proposition here is a system that allows everybody to have a say regardless of rank, wealth, or popularity. 

It is a pretty simple system:

1. People make suggestions, the devs and community managers work together to decide if it is possible.
  2. (APD Policy) Captains decide if it is something the entire senior staff could enforce.
  3. A basic poll is crated where everybody (Staff Included) can post an opinion.
  4. Poll Passes=The Update is added whenever possible. | Poll Fails=The suggestion is ignored unless re-polled due to demand.

A system like this does not mean updates must be polled, it is a way to allow everybody a chance to voice their suggestions and have a better chance to see it grow. It also can relieve the blame that goes onto the staff. If an update goes sour there is nobody to complain to. 

A system like this has pros and cons, what suggestion doesn't. This is why I am asking for your response, if I'm a moron let me know (But include the reason why) if you agree, a post or a like goes a long way.

Just now, SheriffJohnBeard said:

Not going to happen. It always ends the same.

You need to be popular amongst the inner circle, then you can try to change how things work. Doubt it'll happen. 

Goodluck! 

This is the reason why people don't voice some of the great ideas I have heard, why waste their energy right? I may not be popular or one of the oldest members, but I'm determined anybody can make a positive change with the right amount of support!

1 minute ago, HotWings said:

People assume their ideas are not heard. When in reality the majority of the time the captains do discuss ideas that get alot of attention. Just because they do not implement it does not mean they dont see it.  Same can be said for the dev branch.

Thank you for your input, what I would aim for this system to accomplish is give people an endgame, either a yes or a no.

What is possible; and what is desirable, are two very separate things.

We are happy with the current system. Well, rather, Bamf and Paratus are. I wish I had a say in things.... I can't even get all the logging I want tacked on.