Graphics Cards

Which Graphics Card is Better?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. AMD 480 Or GTX 1070

• RX 480
    • GTX 1070
    • Toaster

I have been following tech news in the past few weeks and following the big releases from the major manufacturers, I was wondering if you guys had an opinion on the 'bang for your buck' AMD card or the more expensive but higher performing NVIDIA card, any help would be great as I plan to upgrade my rig and those cards are the 2 reasonable options I had in mind

Edited by TheDrunkenSoldier
19 minutes ago, Dakinehernandez said:

Are you dumb? How have you been following tech news and not know about the 1080? Also Amd is going to be releasing a card on par with the 1080 for cheaper so maybe wait for that if you really want amd. Just saw the voting thing the 480 is the card im talkin about, id wait for that.

Nope I am not done, as I said those are the 2 cards within my price range, the 1080 is the same price in pounds as dollars which is a little pricey

i had both amd and nvidia 

and i must admit my preference  lays whit nvidia

and if you are going to upgrade id  get a 1080 every  bench mark i have seen it has beaten every card on the market  

if you go for a lesser gpu you will more then likely regret it later on  down the line . and you going to want to upgrade  much faster 

better save up and wait and get the best possible gpu 

this might help you http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/graphics-cards/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-1070-vs-amd-radeon-rx-480-3641216/

1070 8gb vram 

rx4804gb vram 

1 hour ago, Ghillie Dhu said:

i had both amd and nvidia 

and i must admit my preference  lays whit nvidia

and if you are going to upgrade id  get a 1080 every  bench mark i have seen it has beaten every card on the market  

if you go for a lesser gpu you will more then likely regret it later on  down the line . and you going to want to upgrade  much faster 

better save up and wait and get the best possible gpu 

this might help you http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/graphics-cards/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-1070-vs-amd-radeon-rx-480-3641216/

1070 8gb vram 

rx4804gb vram 

6 minutes ago, Monster said:

I I have the 1070, everything ultra settings 70/80+fps , best card for the$

Thanks for all the feedback I'm leaning towards the 170 now, I have a 770 2gb at the moment and the lack of vram kills me

@thedrunkensoldier if you have a 770 now id suggest you save up and get a 1070 or even wait and get the 1080

but the 480 is the most bang for your buck atm 

but in the long run the more vram the better for the games 

just do not forget arma runs more on cpu power . meaning you need a powerful alround machine to get the top performance 

4 hours ago, Ghillie Dhu said:

@thedrunkensoldier if you have a 770 now id suggest you save up and get a 1070 or even wait and get the 1080

but the 480 is the most bang for your buck atm 

but in the long run the more vram the better for the games 

just do not forget arma runs more on cpu power . meaning you need a powerful alround machine to get the top performance 

I have an i5 4690k which I acquired recently, i plan to get water cooling so i can overclock it more

19 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I dont trust AMD after the first two video cards I had that shit the bed so fast. I finally bought an NVidea card after those two and its lasted me 2.5 years now without a problem at all

same! I got a r9 270 shit out then a r9 280x and is holding on by the wire..... 980ti here I come ;) 

Gatorade likes this

I've been on both sides of AMD and Nvidia and nothing will ever beat AMD's price for performance, simple. Buy the R4 480 when it comes out. 200$ for a card of that level is just insane.

The only  bad thing about the AMD cards is they don't have a dedicated recorder. Raptr is a pile of 3rd party shit, nothing will simply beat Shadowplay if you are looking for maximum performance in games. I currently own a 970, and I somewhat regret buying it recently as I could of waited a little longer for the R4 480.