New Forum; Need New RDM Guidelines

Now that we have new forums, it would be great if an admin could post guidelines for what is considered RDM. It used to be that all you'd need was common sense to avoid being accused of RDM. As long as there was some kind of initiation and a brief time was given to the other player, anything could happen. What i've seen over the past few weeks is a lot of confusion regarding the rules, players that are still using old rules, new players using new rules and hesitation when it comes time to pull the trigger because you don't want to get banned for something if you're not sure of the rules. Used to be that once RP was initiated, anything goes. That's not the case now that it's considered RDM when the person complies.

I also don't think it's fair to enforce rules that are not first made clear to the players.

I think he's talking about the part where when someone complies to your initial demands, you need to come up with another reason to kill them rather than just "hands up, ya'll gonna die 123 *bang*".

It looks like that part has been lost now.

Do not Random Deathmatch (RDM)

RDM is killing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react.

Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react.

Revenge killing is NOT a form of role-playing reasoning.

RDM rules do NOT apply within ILLEGAL areas.

You must make sure you have your in-game effects volume turned up! This is the sound level for your direct communication. VON is used for Vehicle, Group, and Side.

The rules around RDM have changed slightly:

I was hoping for something a little more detailed that outlined changes that have been made. Example:

RDM is killing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react.

Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target' date=' and they MUST be given reasonable time to react.[/i']

based on that, If i ran up to someone with a gun pointed in there face, said "put your fucking hands up, this is a robbery!" proceed to rob them, based on that I can shoot them after. Pointing a gun in someones face seems hostile. What world would it not be? According to the new guideline which doesn't seem to be available, that is considered RDM.

Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react.

If you have a victim with their hands up, your gun is pointed at them, you've robbed them of $100, if you tell them "ok, now you're going to die" wait 3 seconds then shoot, is that RDM? Yes, they've complied, but you also clearly stated your intentions and given them time to react.

RDM Guidelines:

Don't kill someone without initiating' date=' or if they comply with demands.

Fair Enough?[/quote']

I really hope you know this isn't the only rules that come with rdm? At point can you kill someone? Just when they don't comply? How harsh should demands be? How far can we go? What are the rules of when roleplay is initiated. I would have thought anyone who has played this server for more than 2 hours knows that RDM is not as simple as you have just made out.