Help?

Abd Al Matin

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=772

This error commonly occurs with only the following ATI graphics cards:

• Radeon X300

• Radeon X700

• Radeon X800

• Radeon 9###

Before updating your drivers, please visit Windows Update and make sure that you have all of the critical updates and the .NET framework installed.

If you get a Failed to create D3D device error and are using any of the above ATI Cards, please update your drivers to the latest version of Catalyst by visiting the ATI driver page.

If you use a Nvidia or any other type of video card, please visit the manufacturer's website for the latest video card drivers.

You can use the dxdiag tool to view your DirectX information.  dxdiag will show what driver version you have, what video card is in the system and so on and may provide valuable data on your system.

If you have the latest drivers for your video card and are still seeing the failures it's possible that your system has gotten into an unusual state.  Restarting your system may reset things to a working state.

If the crash persists, set the following launch option:

• Go to Steam's Library.
  • Right-click on the affected game.
  • Go to Properties > General > Set launch options...
  • Type in -dxlevel 81.
  • Click OK.

Note: if you are attempting to play Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, you must set your launch option to -dxlevel 90 instead.

57 minutes ago, Abd Al Matin said:

Hey guys haven't been playing in a while and started getting this error https://gyazo.com/ad8bac64eb090b709b18294f0c39a744

Already reinstalled game, already checked/ reinstalled drivers. 

thanks

I get this all the time too. Only happened to me once I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Do you get some nvidia patch kernel 361.1 has failed and recovered message before you get that dd3 error?