1070ti Stocked, 1100 series will be finalized for release dates this week.

Gatorade

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1070-ti/

If you are absolutely dying in need for a video card buy it through NVIDEA's website for the best price. They will not last long, 449$ for a 1070 ti is about the best fucking price your going to get right now.

They will announce the 1100 series I beleive on may 30th at the NVIDEA press conference where they will basically confirm the release date of july/august. If you don't know those specs or have any concerns here is a link to the leaks. 

https://wccftech.com/873853-2/

If you are not in dire need of a video card you would be a wiser man to wait it out and try to get one of the 1100 series on release or possibly bank in on a price drop from a 1080 / 1080 ti. I don't know exactly the benefits of GDDR6 vs GDDR5 but the specs are relatively close between an 1170 and a 1070ti so you wouldn't be a fool if you decided to settle for one now nor would I blame you if you wanted to wait and try to scope out a newer card. However remember these types of things are based on stock, miners:to:nvidea-gamer-clause being an actual thing, and just pure luck at the time of release purchases.

One other thing to possibly help your decision - the 1070 ti and 1080 ti are the only cards from the 10 series that aren't going on two years of age. I would try to stick with one of those two if you can't wait / can't manage to snag one on release. (1080 ti will still likely be the best card for some time to come unless this GDDR6 technology is insane - as I dont know shit about it).

Edited by Sugarfoot
Kev 23, Twinkie and Roice like this
1 hour ago, Sugarfoot said:

One other thing to possibly help your decision - the 1070 ti and 1080 ti are the only cards from the 10 series that aren't going on two years of age. I would try to stick with one of those two if you can't wait / can't manage to snag one on release. (1080 ti will still likely be the best card for some time to come unless this GDDR6 technology is insane - as I dont know shit about it).

But the 1070ti and 1080ti are both still running of the same architecture as the rest of the 10 series cards. So why should it matter about their age. All it means is that they equivalent cards, the 1170ti and 1180ti, will come out after all of the others. 

Also, GDDR6 will be made in 8/16 and not in 4/8 like GDDR5 is. (GB sizes, and they should come with some extra speed)

Edited by Twinkie
8 hours ago, Twinkie said:

But the 1070ti and 1080ti are both still running of the same architecture as the rest of the 10 series cards. So why should it matter about their age. All it means is that they equivalent cards, the 1170ti and 1180ti, will come out after all of the others. 

Also, GDDR6 will be made in 8/16 and not in 4/8 like GDDR5 is. (GB sizes, and they should come with some extra speed)

Its more a matter of principle - why would you pay the same price for something thats two years old when it will have a new model for the same price. For me that annoys me enough to wait personally

Twinkie likes this