Profile data transfer?

Kiusthugs

Hi I have questions. I plan on getting a completely new pc. Would my arma profile data be transferred to the new pc if i still have the same steam account logged on to it? I say this because arma made a profile from my motherboard name so i was thinking my data is attatched to my current computer.  I only play the altis asylum servers so far. I heard that server saves are new so i assume my profile would be intact when i build the new pc. Someone enlighten me?

36 minutes ago, Kiusthugs said:

Hi I have questions. I plan on getting a completely new pc. Would my arma profile data be transferred to the new pc if i still have the same steam account logged on to it? I say this because arma made a profile from my motherboard name so i was thinking my data is attatched to my current computer.  I only play the altis asylum servers so far. I heard that server saves are new so i assume my profile would be intact when i build the new pc. Someone enlighten me?

So all of your player profile is saved on Asylum's database. To access your profile, you need to login to the steam account you created it on.

So to answer your question, yes your character progress will save if you switch to different computers.

And when i say your player profile is saved on Asylums database, I just mean all of your progress on Asylum. But all of your Arma profile will still be linked to your steam account, so you won't lose your progress on Asylum, KOTH etc.

Edited by Reapered
3 hours ago, Reapered said:

So all of your player profile is saved on Asylum's database. To access your profile, you need to login to the steam account you created it on.

So to answer your question, yes your character progress will save if you switch to different computers.

And when i say your player profile is saved on Asylums database, I just mean all of your progress on Asylum. But all of your Arma profile will still be linked to your steam account, so you won't lose your progress on Asylum, KOTH etc.

It wasn't linked to my steam account. Its saved in your documents folder. If you erase it or restore a pc, it disappears if you didn't back it up. Steam Cloud did not cover mine

13 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

It wasn't linked to my steam account. Its saved in your documents folder. If you erase it or restore a pc, it disappears if you didn't back it up. Steam Cloud did not cover mine

Hmmm maybe I'm wrong, but I have played arma on a different computer and I still had access to my character.