Storytime with Das

Das Otter

OK so, quite a few people have asked me why I'm so infatuated with Otters...so this is my cheesy story about why I am so passionate about them.

For some back story, after 3 years in the army I got in a physical alteration at a local bar in 2010, in the fight I hit the guy and he fell, fracturing his skull on the pavement. I was charged with aggravated assault, was booted from the army and spent 4 months in jail. 

After my time in jail back in civilian life, I started suffering from depression. I wasn't suicidal but I wanted to die. After 2 years of this, one day while hunting up in the mountains along a river, I spotted a river otter by himself just playing in and out of the water. I sat and watched him until he vanished out of sight. 

From that day on my depression disappeared and I was filled with motivation again. I went on to volunteer at a wildlife rehabilitation center just so i could be in contact with then again. and I ended up raising 3 river otters there, all siblings.

4 years now since I saw that 1st otter I still think about them numerous times a day. And so this is why otters mean so much to me.

If you read this whole boring story I'm impressed, but it's also a really good story for a first date with someone :)

(Uploaded video is the two brothers I raised)

http://i.imgur.com/EkK5xI4.gifv

Edited by Das Otter
8 minutes ago, Mahdizzle said:

hahaha i dunno dude, the driver just said ops and we went out to check the whole cow is just slush 

Haha that's terrible but hilarious at the same time. When I go hunting on a quad, the ranch cows never move out of the way of the road! I guess they should know not to be stubborn in front of a tank now haha

Just now, Das Otter said:

Haha that's terrible but hilarious at the same time. When I go hunting on a quad, the ranch cows never move out of the way of the road! I guess they should know not to be stubborn in front of a tank now haha

hahaha yup but yeah it was funny as hell when we heard that "ops i hit a cow" :lol: