Change in initiationt

I would like to see a change in the initiation procedures, basically remove messaging initiation, and apply a 150m radius rule.

Essentially if someone initiates verbally or directly, it will apply to 150m around the situation. Anything outside that radius will have to initiate again to reintroduce him/herself into the situation. This prevents people from planting random dudes in cities and basically RDMing people around the area. prevents them from saying " My friend who is in the same gang than me told you to stop your car at the square so im allowed to shoot at you on sight for the next 5 min..."

Which is a load of shit. Forces gang members to act in a gangly matter and forces APD officers to initiate everytime they respond to a situation.

That's RDM anyways. That isn't initiation. If you initiate with someone' date=' it doesn't initiate your gang mates that are across the map. They will get banned if that is reported.[/quote']

There is also the case of "I messaged the APD officer on the other side of the street to put his hands up, now I get to shoot at every officer on the street, and if I hit a few civs in the process its just collateral damage right?"

There is also the case of "I messaged the APD officer on the other side of the street to put his hands up' date=' now I get to shoot at every officer on the street, and if I hit a few civs in the process its just collateral damage right?"

[/quote']

Yes, actually you can shoot every cop on the street, provided you give the one you actually texted time to inform his buddies. Don't like it? Don't play.

If you hit civs, either you're a terrible shot. Or their fault for running into crossfire.

I would like to see a change in the initiation procedures' date=' basically remove messaging initiation, and apply a 150m radius rule.

Essentially if someone initiates verbally or directly, it will apply to 150m around the situation. Anything outside that radius will have to initiate again to reintroduce him/herself into the situation. This prevents people from planting random dudes in cities and basically RDMing people around the area. prevents them from saying " My friend who is in the same gang than me told you to stop your car at the square so im allowed to shoot at you on sight for the next 5 min..."

Which is a load of shit. Forces gang members to act in a gangly matter and forces APD officers to initiate everytime they respond to a situation.[/quote']

I wouldn't be able to calculate how far away I am from the person to be frank. :(

There is also the case of "I messaged the APD officer on the other side of the street to put his hands up' date=' now I get to shoot at every officer on the street, and if I hit a few civs in the process its just collateral damage right?"

[/quote']

The only people who should be required to initiate much more are the APD. They literally throw sirens on at the same time they are jumping out of a car to shoot, which is technically not against the rules. They also shoot "warning" shots at people without even texting first. One big lie is about the voice being your primary weapon. It's only primary for a second so you don't get banned. If a cop is in a car then his/her voice is a secondary weapon. Sirens initiate, and guns come next. No voice included. This isn't usually the higher ups, but most of the time the lower command. The same group who usually give you the automatic half ticket for any RP story.

I don't think the rule of "The voice is your primary weapon" was meant to prevent RDM. I think it was to promote RP between officers and civilians, and I think it has been misinterpreted over time.