Recording Preference

Ren Zero

I have a At2020 USB and whenever I record something like a funny moment it always gets ruined by typing on the keyboard or pressing the mouse buttons, background noise etc.

I was just wondering if there is any way on how to fix this and what you use to record/edit videos

(I couldn't find anything on google)

Just now, Ren Zero said:

I use shadowplay aswell but, you can still hear the keyboard and mouse etc.

You may want to turn down your mic sensitivity in windows settings then. Also, under preferences > shadowplay, you can set a push to talk key to only record when you talk.

9 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

If you separate audio tracks you can record audio with audacity and they have a function to cancel out that noise.

But don't I have to purposely have to make a video to do it like that, I want to remove the keyboard and mouse sounds when I record something with shadowplay when it randomly happens.

1 minute ago, Nex said:

You may want to turn down your mic sensitivity in windows settings then. Also, under preferences > shadowplay, you can set a push to talk key to only record when you talk.

I use one of the buttons on my mouse for push to talk on ts, unfortunately shadowplay doesn't have the option to use it.

1 minute ago, Ren Zero said:

But don't I have to purposely have to make a video to do it like that, I want to remove the keyboard and mouse sounds when I record something with shadowplay when it randomly happens.

Your push to talk still works even if you use shadow mode (~10min) saves. The only way to get rid of those sounds is to reduce your mic sensitivity. 

2 minutes ago, Ren Zero said:

Try saving the audio file from the video and doing the audacity filter over that and then paste it together again. might work

Just now, Ren Zero said:

I use one of the buttons on my mouse for push to talk on ts, unfortunately shadowplay doesn't have the option to use it.

Yeah unfortunately they don't support a lot of keys that would make perfect sense to do so. But at their pace, we will get that in a few years.

2 minutes ago, Ren Zero said:

How would I do that?

Do what? Just save the video file as a mp3 or something then put that into audacity put the noise gate on it and remove the keyboard sounds ( just google "how to remove keyboard sounds with audacity" and you should find it ) and then paste that track you made with audacity under your original video. Then remove the old sound and paste the new sound in, Also i recommend using Sony Vegas Pro 13 or something for editing its amazing.

Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Do what? Just save the video file as a mp3 or something then put that into audacity put the noise gate on it and remove the keyboard sounds ( just google "how to remove keyboard sounds with audacity" and you should find it ) and then paste that track you made with audacity under your original video. Then remove the old sound and paste the new sound in, Also i recommend using Sony Vegas Pro 13 or something for editing its amazing.

Alright sweet, thanks.

(I might private message you if I encounter any errors while doing that)