Liberals

10 minutes ago, RagingEhCanadian said:

The cost of your electric bill would rise. Not everybody has the kind of cash to just take your home off the grid. (If even possible without moving)

I don't think you realize how much north america relies on oil on a daily basis. A typical problem with liberals is their lack of ability to understand that you can't protect everybody. People will be stepped on to upload the infrastructure for a functioning society. Almost every single machine that has metal moving parts. Engines, robots, tools, etc requires some kind of coolant, lubricant, or oil to function, loosing such a high producer of oil would cost the country an insane added amount of money to provide clean water, safe roads, and energy.

I would place money on the fact that if you were actually to live there for a few years you would happily ignore what happens just to get the freedom you used to have.

DreamC likes this
44 minutes ago, Legit said:

The cost of your electric bill would rise. Not everybody has the kind of cash to just take your home off the grid. (If even possible without moving)

I don't think you realize how much north america relies on oil on a daily basis. A typical problem with liberals is their lack of ability to understand that you can't protect everybody. People will be stepped on to upload the infrastructure for a functioning society. Almost every single machine that has metal moving parts. Engines, robots, tools, etc requires some kind of coolant, lubricant, or oil to function, loosing such a high producer of oil would cost the country an insane added amount of money to provide clean water, safe roads, and energy.

I would place money on the fact that if you were actually to live there for a few years you would happily ignore what happens just to get the freedom you used to have.

Your forgetting that oil is a limited resource. As a libertarian I think that the free market should decide our energy source and yes, today oil is the cheapest and most efficient energy source. However in time, when the supply of oil drops below the demand due drilling shortages the cost will skyrocket, and green energy will be more appealing. Costing less and being more efficient then today. now this does not mean people will completely stop using oil because of the benefits you listed. Moreover you may not be able to protect everyone, however; when you have 6.7 million people living in Arizona, 27 million people in Texas, and 38.8 million in California. If a hostile nation was to invade the USA and take out the power grid. People would starve, dehydrate, or die from over heating no nuke required. So I also see a oil dependent nation as a security threat to everyone. You don't have any freedom dead. Now if everyone got their power from the sun. An attack like this would not be effective. Now I hope you understand what in climate change is so I'm not going to elaborate on this point much but, Why do we believe that we have the right to alter the climate of the planet to the detriment of future generations. Lastly Terrorist groups like ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and other Wahhabi Islam Groups such as Saudi Arabia make Trillions off of oil. Now tell me what do YOU believe Saudi Arabia and ISIS think of freedom. In conclusion, right now oil should be our main energy source. due to the free market. However; I believe the cost of beginning the transition to greener energy solutions with research and invasion out-way the cost of staying the coarse, and only relying on oil for energy.

11 minutes ago, RagingEhCanadian said:

Your forgetting that oil is a limited resource. As a libertarian I think that the free market should decide our energy source and yes, today oil is the cheapest and most efficient energy source. However in time, when the supply of oil drops below the demand due drilling shortages the cost will skyrocket, and green energy will be more appealing. Costing less and being more efficient then today. now this does not mean people will completely stop using oil because of the benefits you listed. Moreover you may not be able to protect everyone, however; when you have 6.7 million people living in Arizona, 27 million people in Texas, and 38.8 million in California. If a hostile nation was to invade the USA and take out the power grid. People would starve, dehydrate, or die from over heating no nuke required. So I also see a oil dependent nation as a security threat to everyone. You don't have any freedom dead. Now if everyone got their power from the sun. An attack like this would not be effective. Now I hope you understand what in climate change is so I'm not going to elaborate on this point much but, Why do we believe that we have the right to alter the climate of the planet to the detriment of future generations. Lastly Terrorist groups like ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and other Wahhabi Islam Groups such as Saudi Arabia make Trillions off of oil. Now tell me what do YOU believe Saudi Arabia and ISIS think of freedom. In conclusion, right now oil should be our main energy source. due to the free market. However; I believe the cost of beginning the transition to greener energy solutions with research and invasion out-way the cost of staying the coarse, and only relying on oil for energy.

I could argue about power and how people would survive for hours, long story short a fully green and environmental positive infrastructure is unrealistic.

You are using a computer, connected to probably a source of power that contributes to climate change. Unless you are living in a completely green house, only eating foods you grew yourself, and not contributing to climate change or what goes on in other countries you just seem like a hypocrite in my opinion. 

You responding to me is actually contributing to the points you are trying to argue. You are using freedoms that are only available at the Earths and other peoples expenses.

DreamC likes this
57 minutes ago, Legit said:

I could argue about power and how people would survive for hours, long story short a fully green and environmental positive infrastructure is unrealistic.

You are using a computer, connected to probably a source of power that contributes to climate change. Unless you are living in a completely green house, only eating foods you grew yourself, and not contributing to climate change or what goes on in other countries you just seem like a hypocrite in my opinion. 

You responding to me is actually contributing to the points you are trying to argue. You are using freedoms that are only available at the Earths and other peoples expenses.

Then who the extremist? I'm not saying we need to build a carbon zero nation tomorrow, I'll quote myself.

1 hour ago, RagingEhCanadian said:

As a libertarian I think that the free market should decide our energy source...

So I agree! Makeing Amaricas energy inferstructure 100% green today would be unrealistic. However that is not my argument. Quote.

1 hour ago, RagingEhCanadian said:

I believe the cost of beginning the transition to greener energy solutions with research and invasion out-way the cost [of inaction] ...

Also, am I saying I'm not guilty of the oil trap aswell. Infact I could not be carbon zero today in Canada even if I wanted to. Also, our bodys are made with carbon; So calling me a hypocrite makes me guilty of my birth and biology. Also look at the framing of your middle argument. Who's being, 

unrealistic.

Is every argument on the internet about green energy hypocritical just becuase the sorce of energy use the post that argument came from a poluting sorce? Even If they conclude we should produce less carbon polution? Does that make the information any less valid? I don't beleave intraping your opponent in smears makes your argument anymore valid. If fact you have not presented any subsentive counter points other than.

a fully green and environmental positive infrastructure is unrealistic.

In which I fully agree with you. Lastly, the discorce of this conversation should not be. Go compleatly green energy immediately or stay with fossil fuels forever. Becuse both sides are unrealistic. Is there not a middle ground? A compromise of partisan politics?

Edited by RagingEhCanadian
On 7/15/2016 at 6:17 AM, HotWings said:

Does anyone else like cheesecake?

Omg how could you like cheesecake?! 

Insert derogatory insults against personal tastes..

State why personal opinion is obviously fact for everyone instead of just the self. 

End on pretending only rational thought would arrive at the conclusion that OREOS WITH MILK is your only correct choice for liking desert..

Did ogre get it right?

On 7/16/2016 at 1:22 AM, BrutaL said:

usa supports saudi arabia and turkey.. isis supporters

usa is the most disgusting country on the planet

please please let trump get presidency 

Are you not the one that said "I would love to live in America. It is my dream" in team speak, then proceeded to yell at me and perm ban me from ts because I wrote "I was paid to be here" when you were mod qued? Don't come in here and act like you wouldn't come to United States if you had the chance. Most everyone would come over if they had the chance.

16 minutes ago, Agent X said:

Are you not the one that said "I would love to live in America. It is my dream" in team speak, then proceeded to yell at me and perm ban me from ts because I wrote "I was paid to be here" when you were mod qued? Don't come in here and act like you wouldn't come to United States if you had the chance. Most everyone would come over if they had the chance.

Lollllllllllllllllllllll

Yung Spacegod. likes this
On 7/14/2016 at 6:11 PM, Purple1 said:

You say this like you know.  Who are you?  All you know is what you hear on T.V. or read on some free writing news blog. I never understand why people don't realize that the government has a lot more intell and information regarding ISIS and their relationship with countries in that area. The ignorance required for you to make that statement is incomprehensible.

You guys are all wrong have you ever actually seen a picture on the internet of ISIS that actually says ISIS anywhere on their flags or anywhere at all. those are just pictures and videos of random radicalists there is no ISIS... first they say al quaeda then its hezbola then its something else then it's isis then when people stop paying attention to that it'll be some other radicalist group. 

On 7/17/2016 at 3:18 AM, RagingEhCanadian said:

Then who the extremist? I'm not saying we need to build a carbon zero nation tomorrow, I'll quote myself.

So I agree! Makeing Amaricas energy inferstructure 100% green today would be unrealistic. However that is not my argument. Quote.

Also, am I saying I'm not guilty of the oil trap aswell. Infact I could not be carbon zero today in Canada even if I wanted to. Also, our bodys are made with carbon; So calling me a hypocrite makes me guilty of my birth and biology. Also look at the framing of your middle argument. Who's being, 

Is every argument on the internet about green energy hypocritical just becuase the sorce of energy use the post that argument came from a poluting sorce? Even If they conclude we should produce less carbon polution? Does that make the information any less valid? I don't beleave intraping your opponent in smears makes your argument anymore valid. If fact you have not presented any subsentive counter points other than.

In which I fully agree with you. Lastly, the discorce of this conversation should not be. Go compleatly green energy immediately or stay with fossil fuels forever. Becuse both sides are unrealistic. Is there not a middle ground? A compromise of partisan politics?

Just as a comment, taking out every single power grid, then every backup generator then basically any kind of hardware store that sells generators is a lot harder then just nuking somebody.

On top of that the government has infrastructure in place for power crisis. Some people may die, riots may happen but on no such level of a nuke. 

I think you watched a bit too much red dawn,