Losing Connection after playing ArmA

Huan Lee

2 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

Is there a way to make it not throttle? This seems to happen whenever I play

Well. If you are being throttled then in my experience there's nothing you can do other than get a new internet service provider.

In my area, I can't get a different internet company so I'm stuck with being throttled.

Use Ookla and do an internet speed test.6f198db74aa641f2a90ef7cb7a8f041f.png

Post your Download speed here. Because you only posted a picture of your upload speed.

http://beta.speedtest.net/   do a speed test on that website and gyazo your results.

Edited by W00bzy

Also, a thing I do to watch my internet speed is the teamspeak that I'm always in, which is FSA, I get 41 ping average to the teamspeak.

cc1841fdc69466ca376865d999452d76.png

Right click on your name and hit connection info. Figure out what your average ping is in whatever teamspeak you're always in. Keep TS connection info on your second monitor or something and watch it. If it randomly goes up a lot from your average than you know you're getting kicked because of internet issues and not an Arma issue. If you get kicked a lot and your ping isn't jumping past 350 in teamspeak then it's an Arma issue.

1 minute ago, W00bzy said:

Also, a thing I do to watch my internet speed is the teamspeak that I'm always in, which is FSA, I get 41 ping average to the teamspeak.

cc1841fdc69466ca376865d999452d76.png

Right click on your name and hit connection info. Figure out what your average ping is in whatever teamspeak you're always in. Keep TS connection info on your second monitor or something and watch it. If it randomly goes up a lot from your average than you know you're getting kicked because of internet issues and not an Arma issue. If you get kicked a lot and your ping isn't jumping past 350 in teamspeak then it's an Arma issue.

I don't have a second monitor, what can I do to keep track of it?

14 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

I don't have a second monitor, what can I do to keep track of it?

Uhm. If you play in windowed borderless, I would keep it up under your game and just check it every once in a while.

If you get kicked from the server alt tab immediately and see what your ping in teamspeak is. If it's higher than normal, you might be having internet issues.

• 7 months later...