Asylum Emergency Medical Services (Guide from old forums)

JediNarwals

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Asylum Emergency Medical Service! First thing I would like to say here is, if you are looking for a very profitable source of income for your in-game character, here is not the place to find it. Instead of any monetary reward, you will find people who will RDM you, VDM you, set you up to be killed, and kill you. However, you will also run into some of the best roleplay on the server, as well as meet a large amount of players who truly appreciate the work that you do. Secondly, I will be leading you through this in-depth guide on everything from how to get your first loadout, to hot-landing a chopper*.

This guide has been made possible through a few people on the Asylum Gaming Altis Life servers who have taken time to help me make sure my information is plentiful and accurate. Once again, I thank you for visiting and hope you enjoy you time as an Asylum EMT.

*Chopper lessons not included

EMS Mission Statement

As a part of the Altis EMS you are expected to be as independent as possible, while aiding those who request it. You are expected to have a higher standard of roleplay then those around you. While on duty, your job is to patrol the roads and highways of both major and minor cities, helping those in need. Be it a flat tire, an overheated engine, or they are low on blood. You are always to respond as swiftly and safely as possible to those whose Life-Alerts trigger. Keep in mind that a Life-Alert takes priority above all else(non-life threatening).

Spawning in and Your First Loadout!

So you have decided to spawn in as an EMT. If you are a troll begone now so I won't have to report you. If you want to learn, then continue on to greatness. The first thing you should always do is turn your in-game radio on to Radio Channel 1. This allows you and the other fellow members of the AEMS to communicate and strategically plan out how you will handle dispatches, instead of all rushing after one person in Kavala Square. All actions done in Asylum are done by using the scroll wheel; to tune your radio to channel 1, simply scroll wheel down until you see "Turn Radio On" as an option. You should eventually have this down as a habit, so you always know where and what other EMTs are doing.The next thing to do is visit the very nice man in the lab coat to your right in the Hospital. Here you have access to all of your medical supplies, an ATM, and your hard gear. If you press the 'Y' key, you can select 'Inventory' and see that you already have a Defibrillator(Defib for short), 8 painkillers, 8 blood bags, and 4 splints. The Defib is for reviving dead or 'Unconscious' players, the blood bags allow you to give 'Blood Transfusions' and 'Pain Killers' allow you to stop the shaking on your screen that you obtain when you crash your car, get downed, or get shot. The 'Splint' can be used to fix a players broken leg, allowing them to stand once more. The 'EMT Item Shop' is where you can replenish those supplies as the shift goes on. The 'EMT Equipment Shop' is where buy your "hard gear" or the stuff that goes into your Arma Inventory. Here you can buy a GPS, Binoculars, Medkit, NV Goggles(night vision goggles, also called NVGs), and a Radio if yours gets stolen. By default, the amount of gear you have does not allow for additional purchases to the Hard Gear. What you have to do is drop 3 of your First Aid Kits(FAKs) in order to purchase anything for your hard inventory. After you drop the FAKs, the recommended loadout is usually a GPS, and NVGs. After you mark the map for a Life-Alert, the GPS allows you to see that mark, since Life-Alerts do not show up on a GPS.

The Vehicles

There are three vehicles in the EMS motor pool. The Hummingbird,the SUV , and the Off Road.

The Off Road

While the SUV may be faster, the Offroad is Cheaper and has more function such as the ability to repair your own or another vehicle on the road for free. I personally have gotten up to 201 KM/H in the off road going from Sofia to Pyrgos. While hitting high speeds in an off road, however, the traction on the tires begins to decrease. If you learn how to use this to your advantage, you can out perform the SUV and achieve fast response times.

The SUV

As the second vehicle you can unlock, the SUV is the fastest car in the arsenal, as well as the flashiest. Achieving high top speeds is easy in the SUV, but cornering is hard. The SUV as an acceleration that makes it well suited for the cities like Kavala and Pyrgos, but its lack of agility makes it rank third in off road ability.

The Hummingbird (Medivac)

So, you've been playing as an EMT for a while and want to go patrol the skies and get out to the farthest corners of Altis do you? Good. We need more people like you. The Hummingbird is the hardest vehicle of the EMS to master. Like with the other two, you need to practice to get the hang of it. responding in a Medivac has its own issues, like landing, that arise when you get on scene. One benefit, is that no other faction can fly them. I recommend going into the Arma Editor, spawning in a Hummingbird, and try flying around to get the hang of it. By far, when used right, you can achieve the best response times, flashiest entrances, and have the most fun. Just don't hit power lines.

Responding and Reviving

After you see the wonderful "Medic Alert" or "Medic Requested" notification, the next step i to look on your map for where they are. When you look on the map you find a black asterisk on a red background with "'username' Unconscious" next to it. You can set a waypoint on the map by shift-left-clicking it. Turn your lights and sirens on, and get there as fast as possible. After you avoid (or try to avoid) all of the civilians who just don't want to get out of your way, You will find something like this.To use your defibrillator, use the scroll wheel on your mouse until you see, "Use Defibrillator". After you select that a progress bar will appear at the top of your screen. When that bar finishes, the 'Unconscious' player will be revived and you will get a nice $800 payout.