PC Upgrading Help

Armando Muchacho

Hey guys

I built my computer 2 years ago and it ran arma pretty bad. I slowly upgraded over time, my best upgrade was when i went from a FX 8320 to an i7 4790k. this boosted my fps from 10-30 in kavala/agia to 30-65.

I was super hyped because i could actually play much better. Today im still unhappy how arma runs. Combat is very hard to do because i get this stutter of lag spikes anythime i change Scope peripherals or 1st to 3rd person. This is really annoying in combat and its the reason i die 50% of them time, the other 50 being potatoe. I know that its my GPU because Clockwerk has the same problem i do and we have similar GPU's. I want to upgrade this year during christmas but I am wondering what kind of GPU should i get. It definetley has to be NVIDIA. Im thinking about getting the GTX 970 but there are so many variants of the same GPU i dont know which one is better or worse.

Heres what i need help with. Find me a good GPU (350$ or cheaper) that will run arma well and be compatible with my build which will be posted below:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c8s3Lk

I went a bit crazy on the PC parts today. I already have a i7 990x @ 5.2 Ghz - Runs Arma around 100 FPS until it went a couple of weeks ago and I really started to have problems with frames. Turns out the CPU is literally on its last legs. So I went for the new gen i7 basically the Skylake Processors. After research reviews and speaking to a gang friend of mine who works for Intel he made me go for the i7 6700k one of the fastest gaming processors going to be released this year. Also on a Asus Maximus VIII extreme DDR 4 Motherboard, with 32GB of Rip Jaw DDR4 ram running at 3600mhz - Currently run 2 Titan X's and ordered another today so I can run 3 screens while playing Arma. So 3 Titan X's before I get overkill comments I do a lot of video rendering.

If you are suggesting on the GTX 970 I agree with everyone above, save up them pennies and go for the 980Ti you won't be disappointing for other games but Arma isn't going to get any better as its all CPU based.

I appreciate the help, i dont get much money because i don't have a job atm and the only money i do get is on christmas and my birthday. Usually i get around 400 on christmas. Arma is the game i have been currently focusing on ever since server 5 came back up. I have other games that i cant run very well such as rust or ARK because my gpu is as good as it should be.