ARMA 3 newest update

Reformed Katheeri

So after the new update people have been crashing left and right and it would normally happen inbetween 1-2 hours of gameplay after exiting a vehicle,dying, and doing an action, then bamf told me to do this thing it might fix your game, and it did so i'm sharing it and I hope it fixes for everyone else. (don't do this if your game isn't crashing)

So this is how:Open up your ARMA launcher, go to parameters click ALL PARAMETERS find "Memory allocator" put a check in the box and choose "JEMalloc_bi".

Hope this fixes for anyone who has been crashing.

Alec-I likes this

In addition to the helicopter destroying kicks...

I've been getting this deal ever since the update where it goes to super low framerate, and the geometry is all simplified as well. Requires relogging. Almost always happens as soon as we're in a tight spot. Seems to happen more often while driving or flying vehicles.

Anyone else seeing anything like that? Have any ideas on how to improve it?

Edited by Timendainum

The simplified geometry is basically what happens when you are recieiving a memory leak.

So when Arma 3 needs to use something say a variable, it'll put it in your memory. When it doesn't need it anymore, it'll send the signal to get rid of it since it's no longer needed. A memory leak happens when there is a bug in a piece of code meaning it never sends that signal.

So lets say it calls for that inforamtion again it will hold it in the memory again but wont get rid of it. It will keep calling it back up, but it will never get rid of it once its not used. So it will continue to use tons of memory (RAM) over time to the point of reducing game performace.

To fix it end the programe thats causing it. Unfortuanlty theres not much else we can do to my knowledge the current memory leaks were due to the bohemia patch so its out of our hands.

TLDR : Restarting arma or backing out to lobby will usually fix it.

Le Razoir likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016 at 9:12 AM, Katheeri said:

Memory leak can also be fixed very fast for a couple of mins, by doing "shift - flush" this will fix it for a couple of mins best used when in PVP and it happens tho, don't use it for long and as soon as you have a chance to relog do it because shift - flush doesn't stop it for long.

What do you mean?