New Computer

Riot INC

19 minutes ago, Norwegianviking said:

May i ask why 32 GB of ram? you could just get 16 GB insted and upgrade to a 980.

Not much of a difference from 970 to 980.  Unless he was going to a 980ti (which is also an extra 300$).  But I do agree 32gb of ram is too much.  I have 32gb of ram and rendering a 3D animation out of After Effects while playing Arma 3, and I'm still not maxing out my ram usage, there isn't much of a need for that much ram.  Of course you can set AE to use all of your ram, which I do occasionally, but in the default recommended settings, it won't use the full 32, which makes having that much ram pointless unless you're planning on doing a lot of heavy animating/rendering which can take up a lot of ram (if you set it to do so)

Edited by Enclave
2 minutes ago, MaverickSanders said:

I can render on after affects with 16gb and play arma 3 but I get like 25-40 fps when I usually get 55-60 on a 980ti, but it is your computer you do what you want!

FPS loss is due to CPU usage when rendering, not your ram

Edited by Enclave

No way in hell can a 650 Watt power supply supply enough power to all of that hardware. I would say 1000 Watt would be better to give leeway. EVGA is a good power supply but like I said, the option you chose is too small in terms of Wattage

Edited by Patrick James
5 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

No way in hell can a 650 Watt power supply supply enough power to all of that hardware. I would say 1000 Watt would be better to give leeway. EVGA is a good power supply but like I said, the option you chose is too small in terms of Wattage

it can lol.. if it couldnt then pcpartpicker would of told him in the  Compatibility Check part.

4 minutes ago, MaverickSanders said:

I feel stupid now. I have a 4790k

Yeah AE uses a lot of your CPU when rendering, and Arma is also CPU heavy so Arma will most likely run worse than most other games when you're rendering anything out of AE.

Also if AE was using all of your ram (which can be set in the settings) leaving none for Arma it would most likely drop your FPS, I'm not exactly sure how much ram plays a role in Arma but I'm guessing it needs around 2-4gb to perform correctly.  So don't feel stupid because it still could affect your gameplay :D

5 hours ago, Norwegianviking said:

May i ask why 32 GB of ram? you could just get 16 GB insted and upgrade to a 980.

It's more of something just so I can as well as a 970 has the best price per performance right now. I plan to get a second one for SLI down the road. a single 970 is already more than enough for me considering I was using a 650ti before XD. Almost a quadruple increase.