Filters on Side chat

Could we add a filter restraining people from being able to use certain homophobic, racist and other vile language? How would this work? When people say words that are filtered, they get warning. After x number, they get kicked from the server.

Now certain words (racist ones) will not have warnings and will be a automatic kick.

This is to avoid to toxicity of sidechat.

scen7edcandle likes this
2 minutes ago, epTic said:

Press Y

Disable Sidechat 

There's your filter. 

That has been gone for months.

It's a BattlEye badword filter (which can be configured, if I remember right from the old days) without too much trouble. Bamf or Paratus would just have to set it up.

Just now, Gnashes said:

That has been gone for months.

It's a BattlEye badword filter (which can be configured, if I remember right from the old days) without too much trouble. Bamf or Paratus would just have to set it up.

the problem with battleye badword filters is that people will just evade it. 

you can ban em for evading it, but they'll just buy 15 arma accounts on sale and DF it

Edited by epTic
Just now, epTic said:

the problem with battleye badword filters is that people will just evade it. 

True.

it's also not hard for me to to find the bigoted bastards either. sourcetype="chatlogs" ("BadWord1" OR "BadWord2" OR "BadWord3" OR "BadWord4")

Just now, Gnashes said:

True.

it's also not hard for me to to find the bigoted bastards either. sourcetype="chatlogs" ("BadWord1" OR "BadWord2" OR "BadWord3" OR "BadWord4")

and it's not hard for em just to make new accounts lol

there's too many offensive words to ban em all, while there's the obvious ones you also have a hundred others that are subtle. 

Edited by epTic
5 minutes ago, Kessinger said:

Yes that's true. That being said, the server cannot allow Homophobic or Racist behaviour and this would help to diminish it

like i said m8, you can ban the obvious but there's still subtle. 

you can ban faggot, but are you gonna ban nancy and fairy too? 

that being said, the current system in place is the same amount of work for the admins and works just as fine. 

you see something racist/homophobic/sexist, report it. 

Edited by epTic
Olivia likes this
4 hours ago, Kessinger said:

Could we add a filter restraining people from being able to use certain homophobic, racist and other vile language? How would this work? When people say words that are filtered, they get warning. After x number, they get kicked from the server.

Now certain words (racist ones) will not have warnings and will be a automatic kick.

This is to avoid to toxicity of sidechat.

why is this under videos and screenshots? more of a suggestion imo