Bounty Hunters

I say this since I've watched person after person just be restrained in towns and at any random place, minerals, weed, ect, for 3k tickets and be taken away. These bounty hunters hide the badge walk up spend half a hour talking and being friends with these guys then restrain them and off they go. Yeah I fell victim to this since he caught me while I was typing, hence why I hunted him till he left the server but these new people can't afford to do that.

I say this since I've watched person after person just be restrained in towns and at any random place' date=' minerals, weed, ect, for 3k tickets and be taken away. These bounty hunters hide the badge walk up spend half a hour talking and being friends with these guys then restrain them and off they go. Yeah I fell victim to this since he caught me while I was typing, hence why I hunted him till he left the server but these new people can't afford to do that. [/quote']

​If a bounty hunter talked to a his bounty for thirty minutes before restraining him, then roleplay is not being effected.

So bounty hunters no longer need to rp to take people to jail now' date=' they simple restrain you really quick when you stop walking and send you before you can say "Hi". I swear this was a rp server maybe I was wrong?[/quote']

Been Bounty Hunting for over 2 years now, RP is for actual role-players and not some cheap excuse to buy time for friends to shoot up a bounty hunter. Before the restrain feature a bounty hunter would get mowed down before they could finish saying "I'm here for your bounty (Insert name), hands over your head please."

Rebels and Pistol Bangers abused the hell out of the old bounty system. Shooting on sight because you couldn't hide the bounty badge, camping bounty hunter shop when requesting bounties, or making up bullshit "processing procedures." A LOT of RP towards bounty hunters is garbage and many legit bounty hunters are still treated like garbage. If a bounty hunter RDMs with downing guns, I'm all for banning them for lack of RP.

Even now, I still encourage people to RP before securing a bounty by downing or restraints. Then again, I also have my own limitations to RP standards since I don't deal with Kavala B.S. My Kavala or big city protocol is "By all means, necessary." If the game rules allows hunters to sneak up and throw on the zipties, good. Because you'd have to be pretty bad to let a bounty hunter walk up to you and slap on the zipties. There's still a lot that can go wrong, like someone telling their friends to camp Courthouse or some asshat that undoes the zipties when you have someone in custody.

Yes there are some dirty tactics in bounty hunting, but the APD and Rebels/Criminals use dirty tactics as well while still complying with the rules of the game. So please don't peddle me your woes on bounty restraints. There's bigger issues at hand like exterminating the trash hunters and helping/teaching the ones who want to be decent bounty hunters.

Here's what the majority of "RP" is for bounty hunters who down targets fair and square: