RDM/Self Defense Pardon

Hi everyone,

​I'm posting here because I'm tired of getting a bounty for defending myself from robbers and not getting a response from the police when I message them asking for a pardon. This forces me to pay the 10-15k in bail for defending myself. Is there a better way to reach out to police? Any reason that I'm unaware of for them ignoring my requests?

Thanks

Hello,

The best way you already did, message them. If they ignore your messages it's most likely because they are engaged elsewhere.

What I tend to do at this point is either send myself to jail via the courthouse OR check sidechat/ask sidechat for the location of the police and wait in the nearest HQ.

Also, be creative with your self defense story not just "They tried to rob me so I killed them all, can you pardon me?", it might have happened like that sure but most cops wont full out pardon you for such, you'll get the first pardoned and the rest in the form of a half ticket. (Unless it's changed I've not been a cop for some time now)

RP is everything for (most) cops. You'll get a few robocops that just want the $, however I'm known for my improv and have gotten out of 100+k bounties by just going on 5-10 min rants. Get detailed.. If the cops REALLY needs details I like to start with "the morning" like, "So it started this morning...woke up to the smell of flap jack and bacon, so I woke up. Did 200 squats, boxed a bear. and caught an eagle before eating my flap jack, bacon breakfast because I'm a man!!" or some dumbass rant like that to start the pace...write down your charges so while your telling your story you can include detail related to your crime.

Thanks guys! Going to the police station and great roleplay has already proven to be effective. It's also a safe haven (or so it seems) from bounty hunters trying to benefit from your bad fortune.

Yeah watch out for those pesky bounty hunters. They will send you to jail no matter that excuse you have.

Or you could just shoot all the cops and yell "FUCK THE POLICE!"

Then get downed and sent straight to jail because you thought you could do a one man prison break.

For real though, cops usually don't give a fuck if you message them, just waiting in an HQ sometimes works or you can just keep doing your thing until you happen to run into one of them.