Astro A50's worth saving for?

Gatorade

1 minute ago, Sergio said:

Don't get wireless headphones. Like others said, you deal with constant interference, the sound doesn't sound right, and they die constantly at the worst moment. That's my experience, anyway.

I seriously recommend a pair of headphones that have a detachable cable; not only are these the best because you can un-wind the cable, the cable is easily replaceable without replacing the entire headset.

Just my two cents!

I respect all of your opinions ima make a new thread and ask abouit standalone mic information

Sergio likes this
11 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I know nothing of amps or condensors or mixers lol. Im assuming by condenser mic its the standalone mic that streamers use and the trash mix amp is something thats mixed in with a normal headset to provide mic and audio?

Mixamp is just something the astos come with that make it super expensive and require you to plug it in along with the other slew of wires.

Condenser mics are the mics you see streamers use, and you dont need a mixer because you can get XLR mics that are converted to USB, practically same quality for your purpose. 

Oh and another thing, the Logitech headsets are shit for the price. I just bought a G430 and i was so shocked by how BAD the sound quality was with the reviews it was receiving. I returned it. The "Dolby 7.1" feature, which made stereo audio sound like 7.1 was overrated. If you're looking for 7.1 then go the sound card route. 

Hyper X 2's are much better for a similar price.

Edited by Sergio
On 6/7/2016 at 4:05 AM, CrossFade said:

never go wireless

i have been using the A-50 for more then a year now and i can tell you it is fantastic.  The only mildly bothersome thing is that you need to charge it but the charge lasts for 4 hours.  I can stop and take 10 Sec to plug in my headset during a fight because i use a cell phone charger and it recharges them fully in 20 minutes, if i am not using it, and 40 if i am.  But being able to get up from my desk without needing to be worried about the wire is Fantastic.  However the wireless is not why I got this headset.  I get migraines really bad from some headsets because they are uncomfortable as FUCK.  I got these because they are able to be worn for 6+ hours and not feel a thing.  Might help your eyes out too.  pressure from a bad headset can fuck up a lot more stuff then you might think.

13 hours ago, Axe said:

Wireless headsets are aids.

I promise you

A50's you're literally paying for a brand name with normal quality and cheap construction.

Get Hyper X Cloud IIs or the new headset they are coming out with. Mic failed, but I picked up a $100 USB condenser that sounds 10X better anyway

Steel/Aluminum construction. Light and comfy. I've tried to break these. I cant. Only lost a screw which was easily replaced. Only 100$ for the headset it self. Plus you can get a condenser mic for another 100, and you still end up paying less than astros, dont have to use the trash mix amp. And everything is better quality. 

I can tell you right now Headsets just like everything else involving computers... YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET.  You low ball... dont be surprised if the headset breaks after a few months.  I had an issue with my a50s and called them they sent a new pair out in 2 days with a return sticker. yes you are paying for the name... and it is a good one that is why it is so expensive.