New PC - "No Signal" - Help :)

GH05T

Well I've just about searched everything on the internet, but nothing worked, partly due to the fact I don't have a screen to work with.

So. I've finished building my PC, everything fires up beautifully and appears to be in good working order. However, when I plugged my TV that I got for a monitor with a HDMI cable, it gives me the message "No Signal".

I've tried everything. Different cord, trying to connect with the Motherboard port, GPU port (first attempt), tried changing the power supply cables into the GPU, tried different ports on the TV, tried turning it off and back on, repeating the process with each port (3), tried turning the TV and PC off , then turning the TV on then the PC, vice versa.

Nothing appears to be working.. Well it didn't work at all. So I'm thinking , does anyone have any idea what I can do? Or should I go get a DVI - HDMI adapter? Keep in mind I haven't got a monitor nor do I have any other screen to connect it. So I can't change settings or the bios.

EDIT: The TV does read it, like I go to check the input list, I have it set so it only shows "connected" devices or whatever it says and it does appear in the list for HDMI. However I'm not getting the display to come through, only the "No Signal" message.

- Specs -

TV: SHARP 32" LED 1080p TV

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M5

GPU: MSI - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Edited by Sanctus
More Info

My assumption will be that your drivers will need to be updated before you can hook a TV up. I remember having an issue like that when I wanted to use a TV too out of curiosity and it wasn't working until I updated them.

When I upgraded my PC and installed an SSD I noticed my monitor won't send signal but it would appear under input list too, I simply plugged it into my motherboard slot and pulled the GPU out, turned it on and it worked. Shortly after that I let it launch, turned it off and plugged in the GPU and I was all fine.

Hope one of those will help ya out.

GH05T likes this
44 minutes ago, Lethals Loaded said:

My assumption will be that your drivers will need to be updated before you can hook a TV up. I remember having an issue like that when I wanted to use a TV too out of curiosity and it wasn't working until I updated them.

When I upgraded my PC and installed an SSD I noticed my monitor won't send signal but it would appear under input list too, I simply plugged it into my motherboard slot and pulled the GPU out, turned it on and it worked. Shortly after that I let it launch, turned it off and plugged in the GPU and I was all fine.

Hope one of those will help ya out.

Leave it up to andrew to know all the computer shit :) 

GH05T likes this
2 hours ago, Damiann said:

1 hour ago, Lethals Loaded said:

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Appreciate all the info and help you've all provided. Found the issue which I couldn't believe.. Such a rookie mistake too.

Anyway, I did some research on the Debug codes. Found out one of 'em were RAM. So I pulled out the RAM, swapped it around until I got it.. And bamm! It fired up perfectly no problems.

I honestly couldn't believe it was the RAM after all that.. Although I should of known as RAM isn't always going to work in the first slot you popped it into.

Thanks again guys, much love.. I'll be back in action on the 9th as I'm waiting for the internet to be connected.

<3 :D

Tyler likes this