Some notable changes in the recent Arma 3 update

Kate

I was reading over the new Arma 3 SPOTREP and I found some changes that may be worth discussing here.

• Tweaked: Muzzle velocity of the AK-12 was decreased :(
  • Tweaked: SMGs (Sting, Vermin, PDW 2000 and Protector) can now be stored in vests as well as in backpacks. Therefore we have four distinct categories of weapons in regard to their allowed inventory storage space now:
    • Pistols: uniform, vest, backpack
    • SMGs: vest, backpack
    • Rifles: backpack
    • Long rifles & launchers: none
  • Tweaked: The MXM rifle can no longer fit into a backpack
  • Tweaked: The mass and recoil values were adjusted for the SPAR-17 weapon
  • Tweaked: Decreased mass of SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL and SPAR-16S weapons to better match the size and weight of their models
  • Tweaked: Ballistic performance of the 7.62x39 mm bullets was optimized (increased air friction, decreased penetration)

There are probably other notable things but these stood out to me the most in terms of Asylum.

Edited by Kate
Treeherder likes this
16 minutes ago, Kate said:

I was reading over the new Arma 3 SPOTREP and I found some changes that may be worth discussing here.

• Tweaked: SMGs (Sting, Vermin, PDW 2000 and Protector) can now be stored in vests as well as in backpacks. Therefore we have four distinct categories of weapons in regard to their allowed inventory storage space now:
  • Tweaked: Decreased mass of SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL and SPAR-16S weapons to better match the size and weight of their models

There are probably other notable things but these stood out to me the most in terms of Asylum.

• Tweaked: Muzzle velocity of the AK-12 was decreased :( Won't matter. Muzzle velocity doesn't make a huge difference in this game
    • SMGs are shit doesn't really matter
  • Tweaked: The MXM rifle can no longer fit into a backpack K? When's the last time I can an MXM in a backpack?
  • Tweaked: The mass and recoil values were adjusted for the SPAR-17 weapon Maybe they'll be decent now
  •  
  • Tweaked: Decreased mass of SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL and SPAR-16S weapons to better match the size and weight of their models So cops have less fatigue now? K? Doesn't really matter if you carry redgull

I see this making zero difference what so ever. 

Edited by Axe
5 minutes ago, Axe said:
  • Tweaked: Muzzle velocity of the AK-12 was decreased :( Won't matter. Muzzle velocity doesn't make a huge difference in this game
    • SMGs are shit doesn't really matter
  • Tweaked: The MXM rifle can no longer fit into a backpack K? When's the last time I can an MXM in a backpack?
  • Tweaked: The mass and recoil values were adjusted for the SPAR-17 weapon Maybe they'll be decent now
  •  
  • Tweaked: Decreased mass of SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL and SPAR-16S weapons to better match the size and weight of their models So cops have less fatigue now? K? Doesn't really matter if you carry redgull

I see this making zero difference what so ever. 

6CFmbFp.gif

Ronald and Gubber Flexx like this
1 hour ago, Kate said:

weaked: Muzzle velocity of the AK-12 was decreased

32 minutes ago, Axe said:

Won't matter. Muzzle velocity doesn't make a huge difference in this game

what also is included for the ak-12, that wasnt mentioned, is "Ballistic performance of the 7.62x39 mm bullets was optimized (increased air friction, decreased penetration)"

that will definitely make a difference.

34 minutes ago, Bobby Swagger said:

what also is included for the ak-12, that wasnt mentioned, is "Ballistic performance of the 7.62x39 mm bullets was optimized (increased air friction, decreased penetration)"

that will definitely make a difference.

AK12 still shreds walls at Arms church.

Ak12 can no longer break MRAP glass unless already broken

AK12 still shreds Orca

Ak12 cannot shoot through sandbags at prison anymore

Ak12 still goes through cars, constructions, and abandoned buildings. 

Only real change is that matters is MRAP glass. And most likely it will already be broken.

Damage probably has not changed, should still penetrate plates the same as it always has. So probably still good for CQB. Just not great for spamming fresh MRAPs

6 hours ago, Kate said:

Fixing the dpi bug is an insane bug fix....it's one of the most important in the past 2 updates 0.0